• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
resident-evil-village-demo-all-times-you-can-play-guide-1.900x.jpg

Resident Evil Village is having a big media blowout right now with an embargo lifted for hands-on time with a few hours with the game. This all does include spoilers for a decent chunk of the game, so be warned, there is spoilers within its contents for the first half of the game most likely.

If you don't want the first few hours of Village spoiled for you, don't read this thread.

I can't fit everything in the OP, for example I can only include a few of the videos coming out in this, but I will try to include some of the most notable and the most interesting, Many more will be posted in the thread by other users.

With all of that said, let's get right into it!

blog.playstation.com

New Resident Evil Village gameplay showcases combat, villains, and environments

A deeper dive into the village and castle settings, the enemies lurking within, and how you’ll confront them.
www.ign.com

Resident Evil Village: Exclusive Hands-On with the First 5 Hours of the Full Game – IGN First - IGN

Our hands-on impressions of the first massive chunk of gameplay in Capcom’s action-horror theme park.
www.gamespot.com

Resident Evil Village Is The Baker House By Way Of Resident Evil 4

Despite borrowing numerous elements from the franchise's classic action-oriented turn, Village seems to draw from many different inspirations.
www.gameinformer.com

Resident Evil Village Preview – A Supernatural Gut Punch That Horror Fans Will Love

We recently spent some time with Resident Evil Village up close and personal, and it looks like the latest game in the franchise is poised to be everything fans wanted.
www.eurogamer.net

Resident Evil Village is looking brilliantly bonkers

Maybe it's because I haven't been paying too much attention, and maybe it's because Resident Evil has become increasing…
press-start.com.au

Resident Evil Village Preview - A Familiar But Fresh Revamp

Resident Evil Village Preview - A Familiar But Fresh Revamp
www.gamereactor.eu

Resident Evil Village Preview

The next instalment in the iconic Capcom horror series is looking to be one of the best yet.
www.pcgamer.com

Resident Evil Village feels like an homage to Resident Evil 4

A fresh look at the next Resi.
www.vg247.com

Resident Evil Village preview - Capcom's latest is looking superb - VG247

We got a big look at Resident Evil 8 (Village) and came away very impressed. Capcom is continuing on directly from 7, and the game looks brilliant.
www.thegamer.com

The Best Thing About Resident Evil Village's Ethan Winters Is How Boring He Is

Ethan Winters is a ham sandwich of a man, and this boredom is exactly what Resident Evil needs.
www.thegamer.com

Resident Evil Village Preview: One Hour With Capcom’s Survival Horror Blockbuster

After spending an hour with Resident Evil Village, it's shaping up to be one of Capcom's finest survival horror outings yet.
metro.co.uk

Resident Evil Village special hands-off preview footage - say cheese

GameCentral gets to watch more than an hour of Resident Evil Village in action, including werewolf combat and more of Lady Dimitrescu.
stevivor.com

Resident Evil Village Preview: No silver bullets needed here

Stevivor was treated to view an hour's worth of gameplay from the upcoming Resident Evil Village ahead of a PlayStation-exclusive demo experience on PS4 and PS5... though one of two PS demos have already come and gone ahead of this embargo and we're out in the Aussie bush without a console to...
www.gamesradar.com

Resident Evil Village looks to be pulling off its big action horror, but what's really going on in the mountains?

After Resident Evil 7's murder house reinvented the series, Village brings back some old Resi feels

Last edited:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's drawing inspo from RE4 and RE7, but seems to balance both? Seems to be the general consensus.

Really not sure about Bienevito (?) as a villain, but keen on the rest of the crew.

Last edited:

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
5 hours damn. That's about 3/4 of the way through RE7. Wonder just how big this game is.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't read this thread because of spoilers, maybe a different one just with the impressions spoilers free would be a good idea.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm over the Mr. X/nemesis chase mechanics. Wish it was not a part of this game. I just wanna explore without being stalked by something that can never be killed

Biiru

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda wished we had regular villagers as enemies and not starting out with Lycans.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fingers crossed that they fix the gyro aiming in a Day 1 patch. That aside, this game looks amazing.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I'm glad to hear people pronouncing Dimitrescu correctly, even if it's a kind of pronunciation they're not used to. I really appreciate, and this should be encouraged.

This game looks fantastic.

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks amazing.
Dipped on 7 because I really didn't enjoy it's aesthetics or that style of horror.
REVIII combining 4 and 7 more is hitting all the notes for me right now.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mr. X in RE2R was incredible, greatly upped the tension, don't get how you could want to to play a survival horror game and not like these stalker characters such as Mr. X or Jack

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
RE8 feels like the massive evolution of RE7 in the same way RE2 was a massive evolution of RE1.
RE8 also feels like RE4 if they had kept the horror elements of the series instead of being campy fun.

It's like the best of every world in a single package.

yessskrj3g.gif

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Mr. X in RE2R was incredible, greatly upped the tension, don't get how you could want to to play a survival horror game and not like these stalker characters such as Mr. X or Jack

The only tension for me with Mr. X was worrying about having to lose real life time. He wasn't scary after the first couple of encounters, just really fucking annoying, and I dislike how these stalkers essentially rush you through sections.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I think this game will make me too anxious, will probably just watch a stream instead lmao.

I played through RE7 in PSVR and felt like I had PTSD afterwards.