• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I have shit to do and work all weekend, so I'm going to have a few beers and dive into it Sunday night. The most hyped I've been for a RE game in a long time.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Village is under the 30GB payload threshold and doesn't qualify for Steam preloading.

FYI, Steam build download size is approximately 27.5GB with a 30.2GB footprint on the storage device.

As many of you know, decrypting a pre-loaded Steam build could take a while depending on the game size and storage device used. 30GB and under likely has diminishing returns in terms of saving meaningful time between a straight-up launch day download vs. decryption time.

That being said, I understand it still sucks for those on slow internet connection speeds. Sorry :-(
Any notes about a fix for the Series X input latency from the demo?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am gonna grab this - probably closer to Halloween to couple it with Halloween Kills. Oh yeah. Enjoy, everyone.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
MEET THE RESIDENTS
Many things call the village home, and many of them have a special interest in you. Never let your guard down; they won't.

Meet the residents! Then...

Watch them die in comedic fashion outside of your control within 5 minutes of meeting them

COOL!

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Any notes about a fix for the Series X input latency from the demo?

No idea. I've tested on both Series X and PS5 and honestly couldn't tell the difference. It felt very similar to RE7's stick sensitivity

FWIW, my camera sensitivity settings are as follows on all systems.

Movement Camera Speed: 5
Aiming Camera Speed: 2
Movement Camera Acceleration: None
Aiming Camera Acceleration: None
Camera wobble: On
Aim Assist: On

For Aiming Camera Speed, I'm either 2 or 3, but haven't decided which I like better. I already got used to 2, so I may experiment a bit more in my subsequent playthroughs.

One small caveat - on the Xbox, I played it on Elite Series 2 controller with stick tension set to the tightest setting. While I haven't tried out the default Xbox Series controller (still in its original foam wrapper lol), aside from the stick tension, stick sensitivity should be similar if not the same.

Lastly on controller features, DualSense controller uses the resistive/adaptive triggers and haptic rumble.

Xbox controller uses a traditional rumble motor, but it also uses the Impulse Trigger rumble built into the L&R Trigger itself.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at REVIII on the Walmart app to see if it was still going for $50. It's back to $60, but saw that my local Walmart is selling it now. I'm gonna go to Walmart later tonight to see if they'll sell it to me. If they'll let me, I'll buy it even though I said I wouldn't buy it right now. I'm just starved for more PS5 games atm.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
So… umm… this is weird. I preordered village on PS5. Got to the download screen after purchasing where I could select to download the preorder DLC. But I accidentally backed out. I've been searching and searching and there's no way to find the dlc listed anywhere to tell it to download. Only shows me the PS5 game, the PS4 game, and the soundtrack. There's some in game items that no longer show up anywhere that I can trigger a download for. Any ideas?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Are you gonna do the NZ trick? Pls advise about the aiming issue when you can.
Lmao. Its a super maybe, only because I did preorder at Best Buy with a $25 rewards card. I know MS has a pretty chill digital return policy which last time I used for BL3 just to try it before buying. Didnt we already get a commit from a user with a timer? I gotta track down that post. If we dont all get an answer by tomorrow, ill be a guinea pig.

Edit. Kirth Gersen and Digital Snake said they're making the NZ trip tomorrow. Welcome to the cause 😂

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was looking at REVIII on the Walmart app to see if it was still going for $50. It's back to $60, but saw that my local Walmart is selling it now. I'm gonna go to Walmart later tonight to see if they'll sell it to me. If they'll let me, I'll buy it even though I said I wouldn't buy it right now. I'm just starved for more PS5 games atm.
Just a heads up, the app will show it in-stock even if it isn't available for sale yet. If you do manage to get a copy to the register, the system will prevent it from being sold until midnight 5/7.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Lmao. Its a super maybe, only because I did preorder at Best Buy with a $25 rewards card. I know MS has a pretty chill digital return policy which last time I used for BL3 just to try it before buying. Didnt we already get a commit from a user with a timer? I gotta track down that post. If we dont all get an answer by tomorrow, ill be a guinea pig.

Edit. Kirth Gersen and Digital Snake said they're making the NZ trip tomorrow. Welcome to the cause 😂

I would be F5ing my Xbox if there was a F5 key on it.

Time left until Friday 00:00am in NZ:
May 6, 2021 at 8:00 AM

review embargo ends when? Tomorrow I assume?

Already lifted. Check the review thread.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know yet if Xbox is worldwide unlock or regional? Would love to take a trip to NZ tomorrow

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Village is under the 30GB payload threshold and doesn't qualify for Steam preloading.

FYI, Steam build download size is approximately 27.5GB with a 30.2GB footprint on the storage device.

As many of you know, decrypting a pre-loaded Steam build could take a while depending on the game size and storage device used. 30GB and under likely has diminishing returns in terms of saving meaningful time between a straight-up launch day download vs. decryption time.

That being said, I understand it still sucks for those on slow internet connection speeds. Sorry :-(
When does it unlock? Thanks.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
GOD DAMN I AM SO EXCITED! Been replaying RE7 all day in anticipation, a new Resident Evil is the best. The snow! The castle! I can't wait!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Tried the demo on a friend's Xbox One S. Yikes. It's certainly playable but it's incredibly unpleasant, far worse than RE7 on the same hardware. Capcom really pushed to get this game working on last generation platforms.
No Steam pre-load. Game will be available to download when it goes live.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So damn bummed I'll be out town this whole weekend and won't get to touch this till Monday.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Took two screenshots of the Xbox One S build and did some brightness tweaks to the first shot since I forgot to disable HDR when I captured it. For folks who are curious about what that last generation experience will look like for those with original One hardware, here ya go.
8368887-D-18-A6-45-CA-9368-9-DD903-E984-AE.jpg

933-F4860-4-DA3-4-C5-C-A42-A-43-C0-E3-E17-EB6.png

She's a rough one.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
That would require a question mark

Also it's maybe the most popular subject in here. No pre download for Steam. Also we don't know what time it goes up yet
sorry
Tried the demo on a friend's Xbox One S. Yikes. It's certainly playable but it's incredibly unpleasant, far worse than RE7 on the same hardware. Capcom really pushed to get this game working on last generation platforms.

No Steam pre-load. Game will be available to download when it goes live.
Meh it's 2021 capcom

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot choose between the X and the 5 and I need to choose ASAP because I have to pick a console to bring with me this weekend.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Someone probably already posted but the game is finally up for pre load on the PS5. Only 27.4 GB.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot choose between the X and the 5 and I need to choose ASAP because I have to pick a console to bring with me this weekend.
There is no wrong choice honestly. I went with the PS5 because of reports of control issues on Xbox but people that played the game are saying that turning acceleration off solves the issue. If it doesn't fix it it will probably be patched quickly.

On the other hand Xbox is said to have a small performance advantage with RT turned on. Seems negligible to most users. With RT off both games are locked 60.

Go with your console of choice, you can't really go wrong with this one.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
There is no wrong choice honestly. I went with the PS5 because of reports of control issues on Xbox but people that played the game are saying that turning acceleration off solves the issue. If it doesn't fix it it will probably be patched quickly.

On the other hand Xbox is said to have a small performance advantage with RT turned on. Seems negligible to most users. With RT off both games are locked 60.

Go with your console of choice, you can't really go wrong with this one.
I'm in the same boat. Leaning towards XSX because of the performance edge but I've always played RE games on PlayStation so it feels wrong.

Good points here. I have been using the X for multiplats and the 5 for Sony stuff, but I do have 2/3/7 on 5 and only 7 (via Game Pass lol) on the X.

BUT...it's easier to transport the X!

Choices, choices. Really wish we had some clarity re: control lag too.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Played for about 2 hours, not too fond of the beginning of the game but once I got to the castle it improved. Will definitely play more.

FoV is so bad, playing on PS5.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Good points here. I have been using the X for multiplats and the 5 for Sony stuff, but I do have 2/3/7 on 5 and only 7 (via Game Pass lol) on the X.

BUT...it's easier to transport the X!

Choices, choices. Really wish we had some clarity re: control lag too.
I didn't play the demo on my series X do I can't really comment on control lag but I have absolutely no doubt it will get fixed if it is really there.

Also it seems that haptics are nothing special on PS5.

If transport is really an issue for you go with the X because it is indeed far easier to carry it around lol

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play the demo on my series X do I can't really comment on control lag but I have absolutely no doubt it will get fixed if it is really there.

Also it seems that haptics are nothing special on PS5.

If transport is really an issue for you go with the X because it is indeed far easier to carry it around lol

The transportation thing is like comedy. For the 5 I need a friggin' carry on, for an X I can jam it in a duffel lol.

Honestly, I played the demo on the 5 and didn't really notice any special haptics, but coming from Returnal--everything pales.

Hmmm...leaning X (again).