• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone worked out how to stop the stutter every time an enemy dies?
Is it something to do with them dropping money?
Some bizarre calculation the game is doing that is bugging out.

Last edited:

Vort

Nov 9, 2017
Is anyone else getting frame drops? They happen most drastically around the Daughters with the flies, but they happen regularly in smaller dips. It doesn't seem to matter if I limit my framerate anywhere, it dips regardless.

Yep, game runs great for me at 4K with a 3080 but when one of the daughters pops up, the framerate completely tanks to like 20-30 fps. Moving to a new room/area seems to fix it for some reason.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Edit: Made a few adjustments. So far, that fixed it. One of the was reducing Shading Rate back down to 1 (I usually turn it up a little in games). That may have been the culprit.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
First time running a new game on my first pc build, so i have a quick question/concern:

Can I run this game with a GTX 1660Ti and Ryzen 5 3600x? I tried playing the intro yesterday and it was running fine but then the voices started going out of sync with the game..
Anyone have this problem before?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Runs at 60 FPS on my 16" Macbook Pro and looks really good. The RE Engine is pretty awesome. I do get stutters when an enemy dies though. I can't wait to get home and try it on my 3080!

Oct 25, 2017
Playing 4k/Max/RT/HDR/G-Sync on a C9 in Dolby Atmos, with an Elite 2 Controller. i9-9900KS/3090/32GB/NVMe.

I'm around three hours in and everything feels great. Haven't felt any issues aiming (aim assist off), and no stutters. I don't have an overlay on, but everything feels extremely smooth. If i had to guess i'd say around 90+ frames, which lines up with the benchmarks for my system. Like others, the only time I've had a noticeable frame drop is when the
daughter with the bugs gets in your face

The HDR looks great. I'm following the instructions, and using HGIG on my TV. I'm playing in a pitch black room, and the game's black levels look fine to me. Sometimes there's true black, other's it's raised, but it all looks correct.

Also, i mentioned this in the OT but i'll say it here too. For Atmos you have to enable "virtual surround sound" in the game options, even if you're playing on a home theater. After turning that on my receiver switched to Atmos. It's probably the same if you're using Atmos for Headphones.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
What it means if image quality is at 2.0? Like upscaling my resolution or something from native n shit? It had a huge impact on my performance obviously, but the game looks so pretty 🤩

Oct 25, 2017
What it means if image quality is at 2.0? Like upscaling my resolution or something from native n shit? It had a huge impact on my performance obviously, but the game looks so pretty 🤩

It's a resolution scale. It multiplies the resolution on both axis by 2. If you're playing at 1080p then the game will render at 4K. If you're at 4K then it'll go to 8K.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I can't play it anymore I have to reset the game every 10 mins to avoid those frame drops its really annoying.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Playing 4k/Max/RT/HDR/G-Sync on a C9 in Dolby Atmos, with an Elite 2 Controller. i9-9900KS/3090/32GB/NVMe.

I'm around three hours in and everything feels great. Haven't felt any issues aiming (aim assist off), and no stutters. I don't have an overlay on, but everything feels extremely smooth. If i had to guess i'd say around 90+ frames, which lines up with the benchmarks for my system. Like others, the only time I've had a noticeable frame drop is when the
daughter with the bugs gets in your face

The HDR looks great. I'm following the instructions, and using HGIG on my TV. I'm playing in a pitch black room, and the game's black levels look fine to me. Sometimes there's true black, other's it's raised, but it all looks correct.

Also, i mentioned this in the OT but i'll say it here too. For Atmos you have to enable "virtual surround sound" in the game options, even if you're playing on a home theater. After turning that on my receiver switched to Atmos. It's probably the same if you're using Atmos for Headphones.
Damn... thanks for this, it really does trigger true Atmos( well at least receiver displays it as such )

Unofficial support? Leftovers from RE2 Remake code probably :D

Oct 25, 2017
Damn... thanks for this, it really does trigger true Atmos( well at least receiver displays it as such )

Unofficial support? Leftovers from RE2 Remake code probably :D

Lol yeah I was very happy about it. I'm going to try it on RE3 when i play that again too, because it has the same option.

I think it's just spatial audio, and our receivers play it as Atmos. Borderlands 3 does something similar, where the menu option calls it Spatial Sound, but the receiver plays Atmos. I don't really know what i'm talking about though, so it could be recorded for Atmos.

It's definitely working as proper spatial sound and not upmixing though.
When you're walking through the snow after the crash and get to the hanging birds, the sounds of the ropes and branches, and the bird that's still alive all play from the height speakers.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions.

1. Is the demo still available if you haven't played the full hour?
2. Is the demo indicative of the full game performance?

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else have weird ghosting with these RE engine games when you move the camera real fast? Is there a fix?

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I can't think of a single major game in the last 2 years that I haven't seen people complaining about stuttering in. I've experienced it in a bunch myself. Sometimes, like say The Evil Within 2 I'm very confident that it's something that happens to everyone. But in other cases, I think it's like a combination of random hardware, software and firmware / driver variations.

I hate it too.

The Evil Within 1 and 2 are the only two games on PC that had frame pacing issues that I wasn't able to eliminate so you're probably right there. I had to resort to playing both at 30 fps. RE8 is definitely a software/hardware/driver issue because I have no stutter. I didn't in the demo and I don't in retail. It's weird because I see people with the same CPUs/GPUs saying they do. I wonder what it could be.

Gigamear

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone else feel like HDR is too dark indoors? Maybe it's just me and is something I'll get used to. I'm kind of new to understanding what a proper HDR balance looks like.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The Evil Within 1 and 2 are the only two games on PC that had frame pacing issues that I wasn't able to eliminate so you're probably right there. I had to resort to playing both at 30 fps. RE8 is definitely a software/hardware/driver issue because I have no stutter. I didn't in the demo and I don't in retail. It's weird because I see people with the same CPUs/GPUs saying they do. I wonder what it could be.
Do you really have no stutter when enemies die?
Because I see people complaining about it on multiple forums.
I ask because maybe you have stumbled into a solution.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game has been running butter smooth for me. Shame it seems to have so many issues for others :/

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
I have not noticed any stutter when enemies die, nor did I notice in the demo. Performance without RT is about the same as previous RE games that is to say it's very good (running off SSD btw). RT is mostly good too on my 2080 + i7 8700K, but it dips sometimes.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Game has been running butter smooth for me. Shame it seems to have so many issues for others :/

Did you get to the first daughter encounter after opening that door with eye? The game was running butter smooth for me also until that part (90-130fps with a 8700k turbo mode and 2080 Ti - RTX on -mid settings , shadows mid, volumetric lights mid , textures high 4gb) but whenever she got close to me the game started dropping fps to 30 and shuttering like crazy .

To be honest it ruined my whole experience and buzz killed my mood. I understand that it only drops fps near the flies and daughters but still..

I also noticed that the same stuff happens when the lycans grab and bite you sometimes.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I had stutters in the demo but after updating my drivers and removing my overclock it went away
Nope, none. I get a tiny imperceptible frametime spike when I get grabbed by lycans and the sister(s), but none when a regular enemy dies.
Hmm there must be somthing.
I am on the latest drivers. But I'll try removing my overclock and see if it makes any difference.

I see many people reporting the issue that it must be something common. Its bizarre.

Are you guys on Nvidia or AMD?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
Shame to hear that the daughter confrontations and micro stutters during enemy encounters are still prevalent from the demo.

Folks more tech savvy than me may know the exact reason why it's happening, but Einherjer and xyla surmise that it could be Denuvo-related, since these issues aren't prevalent on the console versions. Really hoping it's something else or if there's a workaround as who knows when Capcom would be willing to remove the Denuvo.....

I had stutters in the demo but after updating my drivers and removing my overclock it went away

I updated my Nivida drivers to the recent 466.27 but it didn't do much to alleviate the issue for me. It actually made a few of my other games run worse so I was forced to do a roll-back.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Hmm there must be somthing.
I am on the latest drivers. But I'll try removing my overclock and see if it makes any difference.

I see many people reporting the issue that it must be something common. Its bizarre.

Yeah if there's a solution I don't know what it is. I haven't done anything special for this game. No external limiter... not even prefer maximum performance (I noticed my 3080 running at 1600mhz when exploring the village instead of its max of 1905 so I probably should enable that). Maybe storage-related? I'm on a 980 Pro.

Nov 7, 2017
First time running a new game on my first pc build, so i have a quick question/concern:

Can I run this game with a GTX 1660Ti and Ryzen 5 3600x? I tried playing the intro yesterday and it was running fine but then the voices started going out of sync with the game..
Anyone have this problem before?

i have the same problem than you (but my pc is a lot worse), every time the game chugs during a cutscene everything gets out of sync, it's really annoying

i found out that pausing the cutscene when this happens will make everything sync again when you unpause, but yeah it's not ideal

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Shame to hear that the daughter confrontations and micro stutters during enemy encounters are still prevalent from the demo.

Folks more tech savvy than me may know the exact reason why it's happening, but Einherjer and xyla surmise that it could be Denuvo-related, since these issues aren't prevalent on the console versions. Really hoping it's something else or if there's a workaround as who knows when Capcom would be willing to remove the Denuvo.....
You know in the back of my mind I wondered if it could be a Denuvo thing...
But its not effecting everyone so I dunno.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
You know in the back of my mind I wondered if it could be a Denuvo thing...
But its not effecting everyone so I dunno.

Might be worth having a performance monitor open while killing an enemy to see if there are any CPU/GPU/storage/network spikes when an enemy dies. I'm downloading the game on my older 6700k+Titan X Pascal machine to see if I have the issue there.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely got micro stutters when you blow an enemy's head off, and FPS drops when a enemy grabs you.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
I've finally made it to a pc performance thread. Will dabble with a lot of these suggestions later today.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Can't say I'm noticing any stutters or framerate drops when killing enemies/getting grabbed. I'm playing on a 5600x/3080 setup at 4k/60 maxed out settings except textures at 6GB and haven't noticed a single dropped frame. When I played the demo I did notice a big drop when the insect lady got near me, but I haven't got there in the full game yet.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Can't say I'm noticing any stutters or framerate drops when killing enemies/getting grabbed. I'm playing on a 5600x/3080 setup at 4k/60 maxed out settings except textures at 6GB and haven't noticed a single dropped frame. When I played the demo I did notice a big drop when the insect lady got near me, but I haven't got there in the full game yet.

Don't worry the big drop is still there in the full game :)

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also getting big fps drops when grabbed by an enemy as well.
I also think thats a bug.

I am usually just over 100fps and when grabbed I drop to around 80.
If I lock my framerate to lower (say 60) I get drops to 40.

This port is looking more and more like a mess.
I'm not happy at all :(

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Runs like shit for me aswell. Demo was fine. Now fps drops constantly... Oh man time to get into fixing it myself somehow lol

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
i have the same problem than you (but my pc is a lot worse), every time the game chugs during a cutscene everything gets out of sync, it's really annoying

i found out that pausing the cutscene when this happens will make everything sync again when you unpause, but yeah it's not ideal
Haha i found out the same thing last night but i was hoping someone here could help us out to fix it in the settings somewhere :(

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the best Nvidia driver for this game? I got two crashes during the intro already. Already checked file integrity, too.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Runs like a dream for me. Only in the opening village so far, but done with the first "major" fight. Locked 120fps pretty much everywhere with everything maxed at 1440p, including RT. Textures are at "High" something, as it offered several options with increasing memory usage. Everything is crisp.

Not sure what the stutter people are talking about is like, i've killed/been grabbed by enemies and not noticed anything unnatural so far. Is it a long stutter or a very minor/unnoticable stutter? Must be the latter as i can't seem to remember any.

3080+5900x are my specs, latest driver.

What is the best Nvidia driver for this game? I got two crashes during the intro already. Already checked file integrity, too.
Anything in your EventViewer from the time of the crash?

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On my 1080, frame rate is great, but god damn this games stutters like mad round every corner. RE7/2R had these, typically only when speedrunning around the map going in and out of sections quickly, but this just everywhere.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I updated my Nivida drivers to the recent 466.27 but it didn't do much to alleviate the issue for me. It actually made a few of my other games run worse so I was forced to do a roll-back.

Just to clarify, I'm not tech savvy enough to know definitively what's going on, it's just a gut feeling, based on the console (last gen) behavior in the same situation and that Denuvo sometimes manages to create weird hardware spikes in games.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

It's pure speculation, we don't know if it's Denuvo related and it's impossible to proof without a DRM free version.
It could be anything really it's just that the game uses a new Denuvo version (11 not that the numbers actually mean all that much) and we have seen issues in the past with new versions.

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the FPS drop and hold could be Denuvo related just wait for a crack then I guess.

Nov 2, 2017
Played for half an hour. Runs great, 100+ fps on 3080/3700x at 1440p. Everything ultra, RTX on. But tbh I don't notice the RTX stuff yet. Didn't notice any micro stutters as well.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I guess the FPS drop and hold could be Denuvo related just wait for a crack then I guess.

Cracks usually only bypass Denuvo it's still active, only one cracking group ever fully removed it (In AC:O) and it took them a good while.
Luckily Capcom ussualy removes Denuvo after a year or so.

cableboy

Jul 15, 2019
Need to test further but I had stuttering when enemies attacked/died in the demo, went back and tried to play some RE2 this week and also had constant stutter when loading areas. I uninstalled KB5001330 and did not notice any stutter in RE8 during the 2 hours I played last night. I have an i5 8400 and 1080Ti, getting between 70-120fps on max settings (no RT) at 1440p.
EDIT: Did more testing and it turns out I wasn't trying to kill enough enemies, just tested one of the first areas in the castle that has 5-6 enemies and I lose about 20 frames when attacking or being attacked. Lame. Didn't have this behavior with the enemies in the village at the start of the game so I'm having a hard time pinning it down. I don't see CPU spikes when the frames drop either.

Last edited: