Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Cross-gen confirmed. Exclusive demo releasing today on PS5, while other platforms will receive another demo sometime on Spring.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Will the game be as full of detail as the OP?

lol jk

Nice its still coming this year and not get a major delay. Hopefully it turns out well.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Given the PS5/XSX|S stock issues, it makes sense to put the game on older systems. Also, looks like the game was internally delayed by a month.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
They say cross gen so when it comes to physical copies - will it be with previous gen banner only since the current gen consoles are b/c?

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
To those worried about cross gen, I fully plan for this game to run like dog poop on old gen systems. Now is that period of time where devs give little care about old gen versions

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Cross gen isn't surprising, given what they've said in the past (and also the leaks)

If the PS4 version supports PSVR, I'd actually be tempted to get that version, even as a PS5 owner.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Given the PS5/XSX|S stock issues, it makes sense to put the game on older systems. Also, looks like the game was internally delayed by a month.

I don't think that can be overstated. Why sell a game to much smaller user base when new systems are taking forever to ship?

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Limited time exclusive demo has to be one of the biggest bs of modern gaming.

Screw that Sony.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The RE Engine and Capcom in general have done quite well on the PS4 and XBOX systems so I think they at least deserve the benefit of the doubt. That's not just one, but multiple, along with games like Monster Hunter World on MT Framework that turned out well.

We don't have any detail about that, but rumors said they wanted to make RE8 a next-gen exclusive so they could do things they couldn't otherwise, but they were considering to scale it down and just make it a cross-gen game.

Officially, what they said lined up with it, too. It was only a few months ago they said they would "try to release PS4 and XBOX One versions but were unsure if they would be able to because of the scope."

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
We don't have any detail about that, but rumors said they wanted to make RE8 a next-gen exclusive so they could do things they couldn't otherwise, but they were considering to scale it down and just make it a cross-gen game.

Ahh.

I hope the next game will be a remake of Code Veronica (or 4) instead of 9 - hopefully by then, 9 will be current gen only.