• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
The castle and art direction was INCREDIBLE

and a PS5 DEMO!!!

Gonna download as soon as it goes up

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't need a Ransomware leak to tell us that it was crossgen.

Was blatantly obvious from the beginning. It barely looks better than RE7 anyway.

RE Engine is currently not running well on PS5/Series X, so I don't expect it to actually run/look much worse on PS4/Xbone than what we've already seen so far anyway.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
in may next gen install base would be very low, so having it cross gen is the better decision.

to be next gen only for such a big game it needed to release maybe atleast until end of the year

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I cannot believe this game is actually coming out this year with covid. I'm so psyched. Should probably beat RE7. Would've been cool to see other projects but - honestly - capcom is not as big as other companies. It's nice to see them commit to just this

Oct 30, 2017
Wow.. they finally outlooked by MILES the beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds of Spencer Mansion from REmake!!

So gorgeously detailed, I am seriously extremely pleased with everything I've saw.

Less than four months away... so excited :-)

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I slept on Resident Evil 7 for a long time, definitely not making that mistake with 8.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Two separate demos lol... is any other aaa dev/pub evem doing those anymore?

Also, they would have announced PsVR version today if it was coming right? I am not expecting it anymore :(

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I was led to believe that this couldn't even run on a PS5, but it's now cross-gen?

What gives?
PC versions have presets and so i imagine they are running at a lower one of those presets at a lower resolution most games that create PC visual presets if the low one performs well enough could still run on old consoles as no matter what they will still exist.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
If they had confirmed PSVR support, I'd preorder today. REVII was a totally different experience in VR and is honestly how I'd prefer to experience Village too.

At least a PS4 version opens the door to the possibility.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Didn't need a Ransomware leak to tell us that it was crossgen.

Was blatantly obvious from the beginning. It barely looks better than RE7 anyway.

RE Engine is currently not running well on PS5/Series X, so I don't expect it to actually run/look much worse on PS4/Xbone than what we've already seen so far anyway.
Barely looks better? There's like ten times the detail in every scene!

Also, I don't know where you got that "RE Engine is not running well on next gen consoles"...

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Had we known already that the demo was PS5 only?

Even after how much I disliked RE7's controls I was still ready to give REVIII a try. Sounds like it'll be a while before I can

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
I thought RE7 looked and played great, I don't understand why people expect RE8 to look/play like shit on current gen?

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they solved any problem they supposedly had with the Ps5 version of the game considering they're willing to release an exclusive demo for that platform right now?
Or they just have to honor their marketing exclusivity deal with Sony regardless of the performance the game has on their new console?

I guess we'll find out soon.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Strange that they don't call it RE8 at all, just RE Village. Trying to distance itself still somehow from being a numbered sequel?

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
PSN seems fucked already. Cant find the demo and the search function is broken. Just imagine what it would be like if anyone actually had ps5s.