• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Rose was born in 2020 and she's 16 in the DLC according to the trailer.
  • Barry Burton will be 76.
  • Chris Redfield will be 63. Jill 62.
  • Leon will be 59. Claire 57.
  • Sherry Birkin will be 50.
It's a whole new world.

Ght7qv6l.jpg

(Old Man Redfield is too tired a trope. Literally).

Credit to Wong Kar Why for pointing out it's stated in the trailer itself. No accelerated aging malarky.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
It does push it far but that just mean they have a 16 years gap to fill with shit that happened.

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't seem like there will much chance to see what has happened to the world though. Unless I misunderstood the part about it taking place inside of an experimental dream/simulation.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems that the game will take place in a mind-like space outside of reality.

I would be very surprised if we're getting anything substantial out of this. I think it'll be a closed off episode with like 1-2 small nods here and there.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, Wesker will magically come back (the one that died was a fake obivously) and infect Chris, Leon, Jill and Sherry with Omega Strain that makes you immortal and eternally young. Chris vs Wesker forever.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda crazy Capcom just spoiled the ending to RE8 I guess they just want people to know what happened and get ready. I expect Old Man Chris and Rose for RE9

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the original main cast will die of old age and the world will still be a mess.
I feel bad for Chris because he dedicated his life to that cause.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Make RE9 a Jill game set between 3 and 4 and show us how she's the one that took down Umbrella and the whole bankruptcy thing was just a cover story

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Also says its all in 3rd person... along with the main campaign, does this mean mainline RE is moving away from FPS?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
RE9 will definitely be about Chris, Jill and the rest taking down the now corrupted DLC.
Remember : RE9 will be the last numbered Resident Evil game according to the Capcom Leaks, they want to move away from that.

It would make a lot of sense to have the last numbered RE game be a sendoff to the OG characters.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Isn't the new Netflix show, which is canon to the games, set in 2036?

Good call. Though the Racoon City Incident in the show happens in 2022 not 1998.
I don't think it's the same timeline but that's an interesting coincidence.

RE9 will be the last numbered Resident Evil game according to the Capcom Leaks, they want to move away from that.

I'd like the last numbered Resident Evil to be 10. REX.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Very odd that the DLC is only in 3rd person, it should be an option IMO. That being said I loved RE2R & RE3R and I'm sure it'll feel the same as those. Have you they said how much it'll cost for non gold owners?

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
9 really needs to set up a new group if we're going to go that far. Or they could repurpose the RE:sistance characters into the new gen along with Rose.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
The next game will probably travel back to current time. It's pretty cool to play with the timeline though but I hope it doesn't get messy.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
By doing the DLC they can immediately follow up on Village's epilogue while still telling stories in the interim. All we know is that Chris is still alive at the end of 8. Who knows what happened with Jill, Leon, Claire, Rebecca, Sherry, Jake, Barry, Sheva, Moira, Natalia (lol), etc.

Also says its all in 3rd person... along with the main campaign, does this mean mainline RE is moving away from FPS?

RE4 is getting VR, so not necessarily.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Her goal is literally to "get rid of her powers".

If she succeeds I'm pretty sure that's just the end of her story.

They're not sacrificing everybody else for her.

It's a way of Capcom to conclude her story and that arc beautifully so that fans don't keep asking "what happened to Rose ?".

RE4 is getting VR, so not necessarily.

VR * segments *. Main game isn't FPS.

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Wait what. Is it really canon to the games ?
Says nothing of the show being canon

Ah, apologies, I remembered it a bit incorrectly.
comicbook.com

Resident Evil Showrunner Reveals Games Are Canon to the Netflix Series

Netflix is getting ready to launch its live-action Resident Evil series this summer and has even [...]

The show's producer said that the games are considered canon for the series. Doesn't mean that the series is canon to the games. Sorry!

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
I'm expecting to be self contained, and Rose to be exorcised of her powers at the end of the game.

RE has shown that they can take risks, but they won't shove the entire fan favorite cast on a nursing home in favor of Dry Wheat Winters' daughter. It's not gonna happen.