• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Minimum:
x0paKyL.png

The last part says(Google translated):
"Performance-focused" setting allows 1080p / 60fps gameplay. * The frame rate may decrease in heavy load situations. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics board is required for ray tracing.

Recommended:
nBhuB2M.png

The last part says:
"Screen quality-oriented" setting enables 1080p / 60fps gameplay.
* The frame rate may decrease in heavy load situations. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics board is required for ray tracing.
And
4K / 45fps and 4K / 60fps gameplay is possible with the graphic "ray tracing" setting. * The frame rate may decrease in heavy load situations.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Bit new to PC gaming here. If the minimum is 1050 ti, how would a 1650 Super fare? 1080p/60 at Medium, maybe?

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
If those turn out to be true you will be able to run it on a toaster/potato/xuxa laptop. Emphasis on the word run.

But getting a locked 60 will require powerful hardware that is just how it is, if you want 4k and ray tracing too? That will be tough.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
I think you guys are underestimating the 1650S. Look at the difference between it and the 1050ti when running RE3R

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If those turn out to be true you will be able to run it on a toaster/potato/xuxa laptop. Emphasis on the word run.

But getting a locked 60 will require powerful hardware that is just how it is, if you want 4k and ray tracing too? That will be tough.
You'll need powerful hardware to go over 60, but people will have an easier time hitting 60 than they think. Turn down shadows and reflections a notch, two things most people won't even notice, and you'll boost yourself up.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The RE Engine is a beast as usual, super well optimized, I'm still not sure if I'm going PC or console on this one, owning the PS5/Series and a 3080, that PS5 demo sure played really well, but RE7 felt awful on mouse and keyboard, hope RE8 feels better (I get that it was somewhat intentional to have your aiming be a tad crap on that one)

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my PC will be able to handle at the very least 1080p30 with high settings. That's fantastic. Really looking forward to playing this.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
The RE Engine is a beast as usual, super well optimized, I'm still not sure if I'm going PC or console on this one, owning the PS5/Series and a 3080, that PS5 demo sure played really well, but RE7 felt awful on mouse and keyboard, hope RE8 feels better (I get that it was somewhat intentional to have your aiming be a tad crap on that one)
Really? I didn't have any issue with it. Better mouse controls than RE2R and RE3R with their negative acceleration.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. gonna go ps5 for this one. I have a 2080 Super but raytracing in just about every game has been extremely expensive. Without DLSS its gonna be impossible even at 1440p to hit 60fps.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Sad about no dlss but their checkerboard implementation in pc version of re3 remake was ace, couldnt tell the difference at 1440p.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what this looks like on last gen base consoles. They're quite below min spec.

Nov 8, 2017
I'm torn between playing it on my LG CX with gamepad or my my 144hz monitor with KB&M. RE2/RE3 worked great with KB&M but that sweet HDR 4k tv...

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's going variable 4k on PS5/XSX, which is fine by me because it's going to be locked on future hardware

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
4k/60 on the 3070 is neat - 0of @ AMD specs though. I assume this supports DLSS?

Excited for this.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
The gaming rig I built like 6 years ago had a good run, but the minimum requirements finally exceed my system. Can't afford a new graphics card right now so I guess I'll get the game on PS4 Pro.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Yup. gonna go ps5 for this one. I have a 2080 Super but raytracing in just about every game has been extremely expensive. Without DLSS its gonna be impossible even at 1440p to hit 60fps.

The PS5 is more like an RTX 2060 in hybrid RT workloads, if the PC RT effects are similar to console then that 2080 Super will pull far ahead even without DLSS.

Of all the upcoming RT games this is probably one of the ones most likely to stick to console quality RT on PC (e.g. 1/4 or 1/8 Res RT, low roughness cut off etc.) due to it being AMD sponsored and leaving out DLSS. I mean, that's the only way an AMD sponsored RT title isn't going to be completely demolished in benchmarks vs. Nvidia and even on Ampere GPUs, "full fat" PC RT only makes sense when used in conjunction with DLSS.

I expect this (and any game with RT for that matter) to be another example where the Series X starts to pull ahead of the PS5. AMD's RT implementation asks an awful lot of the compute units in RDNA2, so the raw compute advantage of the Series X should start to show when it's enabled.

It will be interesting to see the DF coverage of this. It's one of the few console RT games doing more than just reflections and unlike DMC we will have a PC version to compare against this time.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty crazy that their high-end ray tracing GPU recommendations are either an RTX 3070 (MSRP $499) or a 6900 XT ($999). Says a lot about the lead Nvidia has in that area.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
I have literally the exact recommended settings, idk if i can play this at a stable FPS. I may go for the PS5 version...

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
AMD owners getting screwed in an AMD sponsored game? wtf Capcom?

AMD owners bought their cards knowing full well the RT performance of RDNA2 was several performance tiers below Nvidia's prior generation cards. They will never match upto Ampere in RT workloads and no one should be expecting them to either. Capcom aren't at fault here.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
AMD owners bought their cards knowing full well the RT performance of RDNA2 was several performance tiers below Nvidia's prior generation cards. They will never match upto Ampere in RT workloads and no one should be expecting them to either. Capcom aren't at fault here.
Flagship owners would've expected to get better results than a competitor's card that costs half as much. This difference is excessive.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Wondering if I should go with ps5 or 3060ti pc. Leaning towards pc but curious about dualsense features.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
don't know if i should risk playing this with my 1070, thankfully there is demo coming out to test the performance