• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PlayStation.com page for Resident Evil Village has been updated with new information for the game, confirming the game will feature ray tracing. For PS5 specifically, a robust DualSense support and 3D Audio will also be present.

PS5 features:
  • Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village's beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K with Ray Tracing.
  • Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console's ultra-high speed SSD.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
  • Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.

*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.

www.playstation.com

Resident Evil Village - PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Resident Evil 8 Village on PS4 and PS5. Tragedy befalls Ethan Winters and his wife Mia while they're trying to live peacefully in a new location.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
60 fps + ray tracing? Separate 30 fps ray tracing mode?
What is it?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
We`ll see. They said Demon`s Souls Remake will feature RT, too.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ok please make it more optimised this time (why not solid hybrid RT) and don't do DMC5SE rushed mistake.

Oct 27, 2017
Cool.

Now show the damn thing! And no I don't mean filming someone playing it and looking at them instead of the TV itself. That was such a tease.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it will make the game 30fps. If so, I'll skip. Cool tho.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
If they don't have a 4K60 mode because of RT is dumb.

If they are using RT it's going to be 4k30 and 1080p60?

Tarnpanzer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Didn´t playstation.com stated the same thing about Demons Souls? (The part about RT)

I don´t know if the source is very reliable in this case.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Didn´t playstation.com stated the same thing about Demons Souls? (The part about RT)

I don´t know if the source is very reliable in this case.

I was going to say same thing then may say the Demon Soul was stated on PS Blog but here for RE8 it's on the game page. Well things could chnage meanwhile anyway and if they couldn't make it work at the end they will remove it and say itw as a mistake.

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean? You want 120 FPS in that performance mode?
Because the game will be 60 FPS. Unless something very bad will happen, God forbids.
Think something like DMCV SE.

Ray tracing could be only present in a separate 30fps mode or something.

We don't know how they will implement in Village.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Dang PS5 features are gonna make it hard to choose between that or PC

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
It's not. It's next-gen only.
They've said they're looking into bringing it to current gen too.

"While Resident Evil Village is being developed specifically for next-generation consoles and PC, we're looking into delivering the experience on Xbox One and PS4 as well," Kanda said.

"We're looking into it, but we can't make any promises. However, we will do our best in creating a top-tier survival horror experience on current generation consoles."
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...llage-may-not-be-next-gen-exclusive-after-all

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the next time we see it it will look rock solid just so we can finally put those old Dusk Golem comments to rest.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Compatible headphones, including like headphones that are over half a century old.

I just call them headphones.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Capcom's efforts of offering lots of performance modes in DMC5 translates to this game as well

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
RE7, RE2, and RE3 all ran at 60 even on base consoles. They're not gonna suddenly drop the frame rate for their next gen title.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
There will probably be a 60 fps option.
If there isn't one, I will be waiting for a considerable discount before purchasing the game.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
RE7, RE2, and RE3 all ran at 60 even on base consoles. They're not gonna suddenly drop the frame rate for their next gen title.
RE3 targeted 60fps on base console, it ran nowhere near it. RE2 didn't exactly get there too.

Not in VR it won't, lol.

... will there still be a VR mode (?)
No PS5 VR headset or even support for any currently available headset have been announced. This has about as much chance of supporting VR on console as Capcom announcing their own VR headset releasing alongside the game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Think something like DMCV SE.

Ray tracing could be only present in a separate 30fps mode or something.

We don't know how they will implement in Village.

Tbh DMC5SE is the first attempt to inject path tracing in RE engine and it seems very rushed and not well thought at all especially with their brute forcing ways thus the unacceptable outcome. So RE8 will come later and they have much time to optimise and maybe use proper hybrid RT methods instead of brute forced epr pixel path tracing. The specification of dynamic 4K coudl mean they managed to have RT and dynamic 4K (while keeping the target 60 FPS ofc) somehow. We will see.

How many 60fps games we know of so far have ray tracing on PS5?

I don't preditct the future but they will be quite some. right now iirc COD Black Ops, Maneater, Dead by Daylight, War Thunder, Observer Reux and probably few others I forgot but again like I kept saying it's very foolish to get a general prejudice about next-gen just from cross-gen ttiles that have RT just as an extra belated addition and mostly brute forced and not optimised so ihose games don't count, until the real deals come.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Aren't the levels in Village going to be much bigger too? RE2 and 3 are basically corridor shooters, wouldn't be surprised at all if Village dropped back to 30.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
RT shadows and RTGI would be the only worthwhile RT additions to a game of this type, RT reflections will kind of be wasted in a dark game.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this explains the Dusk rumour, I wouldn't be surprised if they are having performance troubles with RT in the mix. Hopefully there's a 4K 60 mode without RT.

EDIT: Unless the Dusk rumours were fake after all, in which case nevermind.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Really hope there's a 60 option, all recent REs have unlocked framerates and RE Engine is one of the best engines at 60 in the market.

Dualsense support is incredible tho, hopefully it's amazing in horror games, just wonder if it's exclusive to gunplay or we can have some interesting segments in gameplay like feeling someone breathing behind us or something

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
RE3 targeted 60fps on base console, it ran nowhere near it. RE2 didn't exactly get there too.
I think it was running in 40+ fps, reaching ~60 fps in some quiet places.
Whatever the average framerate was, RE2R and RE3R felt much better than typical 30 fps games.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of Ray Tracing?
If it's just shadows like Call of Duty Modern Warfare, it won't really add much to the overall visual fidelity.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I don't preditct the future but they will be quite some. right now iirc COD Black Ops, Ma,Maneater, Dead by Daylight, War Thunder, and probaly few others I forgot but again like I kept saying it's very foolish to get a general prejudice about next-gen just from cross-gen ttiles that have RT just as an extra belated addition and mostly brute forced and not optimsied so ihose games don't count, until the real deals come.
Nice advice, yea, I should probably slow down. -__-