• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't usually hate games, but i hated this game. Good for people who have been waiting for this though.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here we fucking go, boyos. I'm about to retire my PS3 for good once the cowards at Sony announce Demon's Souls Remaster.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Boom. The last good game from Tri Ace. It's great. I remember reading about this in magazines a long time ago, and then eventually go around to playing it. I almost quit at the beginning because of the steep learning curve, but I'm glad I didn't quit.

Glad this game is getting a remaster.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The combat in this game became an absolute chore after a while, there's only so many times high flying flips and close ups can be entertaining.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this for so long! Finally! Fucking finally!!!
Kinda bleh it's not on you know what though.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD

tumblr_m3vnsfxhPl1r86soro2_r1_250.gif
Perfect. :D

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised at love here.
RoF got extremely tedious after the coolness factor wore off.

Still an interesting game.

Toucan

Oct 30, 2017
I actually remember almost nothing about this game, even though I got the plat trophy for it years ago. All I remember is crafting absolutely ridiculous guns and fighting some guy on a bridge over and over again to level up.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
This is unironically the best day of my life.

I've been telling this whole forum how I'd love a remaster high and low.

Thank you Sega and Tri-Ace for granting my wish. The best JRPG of the generation will come back for another chance, this time without FF13 releasing in the same week
Nice :)

I only played it a few hours back then on PS3, but I loved the aesthetics and super stylish combat. But I think the gameplay would've become too grindy for me to finish it. But I wish someone would make a similar stylish, guns-based turn-based/real-time hybrid battle-system again.
Yeah, it was really neat (I think this time I'll also understand how it fully works better) and also made the battles look so freaking cool.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Those two, and Nier, and Lost Odyssey.
And all the Atelier games.
That's all I can think of right now in the PS360 generation.

The only one of those which might be difficult licensing-wise is Lost Odyssey.

I'd be happy if they just enhanced LO already. It is time. (and Blue Dragon)

But yes having Nier in some form would be nice too.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
I'm going to pray to any God — God the Father, Buddha, Allah, Vishna, Krishna, Shiva, Ganesha, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Odin, Zeus, Amaterasu, Yevon, Adanos, Vivec, Emperor of the Mankind, The Greater Good, Phoenix King, Princess Celestia — just please be true!
tumblr_mnyj5yv7jq1qf2huro2_500.gif

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Those two, and Nier, and Lost Odyssey.
And all the Atelier games.
That's all I can think of right now in the PS360 generation.

The only one of those which might be difficult licensing-wise is Lost Odyssey.

Ni No Kuni 1 too which was better than Nier :^)

Folklore on PS4 with better IQ and framerates will be great.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
nice, never got around to playing it on the PS3 and its been sitting in my PSN wishlist for ages. A nice steelbook edition and priced similar to Yakuza 1 Kiwami and Valkyria Chronicles Remaster would be perfect.

FRS1987

Oct 31, 2017
New Jersey
Never got around to playing it. I only played for like an hour but remember the frame rate being kinda bad. Great news if it's true maybe I'll try it out

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Neat, will replay. Guess this is going to be tri-Aces TGS announcement, even though Sega isn't involved?
Wonderful. I actually finished it (minus the extra content) back in the day.

Just shut off your brain regarding the plot and enjoy the stellar combat system and playing with fancy clothes & dressing your characters.
There's something about the plot/cutscene delivery that intrigues me, even though it isn't technically very good. Like, they were just going for something veeeeery specific.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this remaster renews Tri-Ace's interest in the franchise. Even if it's just a spiritual successor with that beautiful battle system would be amazing. It did what FF13 wanted to do without sacrificing complexity.

Also, weird that it's not coming to X1 since it released on the 360 as well as PS3.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this remaster renews Tri-Ace's interest in the franchise. Even if it's just a spiritual successor with that beautiful battle system would be amazing. It did what FF13 wanted to do without sacrificing complexity.

Also, weird that it's not coming to X1 since it released on the 360 as well as PS3.
The Star Ocean 4 remaster was PC and PS4 only too.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel that these games would come to Switch and One too, the switch could handle the original game and they could go the BC route with One.

That being said, the mere fact that this game is coming is great news, now it's time for sega to release Binary Domain if their new strategy is release overlooked games from last gen

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
This makes me so incredibly happy- best news of the year for me

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Well there it is. All I need from that era now truly is DeS and 3D Dot Heroes and I can essentially put my PS3 away forever.

Actually Ni No Kuni also, forgot about that one.

Oh shit and Nier lol. That isn't BC on X1X is it? If not then I need that one also. Damn, PS3 stays living a little while longer.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I actually had this in my cart yesterday on Amazon for the 360. Uh, yeah. This works.