• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to start this game twice, stopped for various reasons each time.

Will probably give it a third try if it comes out on PS4.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
I think I bought this for PS3 on a sale and never got around to it. Guess I'll pick it up on PS4 if it does happen.

vegohead

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes! I'm so happy to hear this! I loved resonance of fate so much on the PS3 even though it was fugly as hell.

Day one on both PC and PS4 if true.

These SEGA remasters are giving me hope for a anarchy reigns one someday.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is in the list of games I classify as:
So few people played it, that the ones who did call it a masterpiece but it's actually far from it
  • Tokyo Mirage #FE
  • Resonance of Fate
are among those

Don't know about anyone calling it a masterpiece, but it's a fun game with a fun cast of characters who you can dress to look awesome as they do flips in the air and shit to kill weird enemies. It's got a convoluted gun upgrade system and it's got a lot of ugly muted colors and I couldn't tell you one thing about what the story is about, it's the only jrpg other than chrono cross that gets me excited when people talk about a remaster and I would gladly pay 30 bucks to play it again. I mean, I just watched a mundane ass youtube video of combat with some rando enemies and it got me hyped as hell, I can't wait.

It didn't help that it released a week after freaking ff13 and the same week as GoW3, it's release date was pretty awful and it got buried.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
ROF's combat formula doesn't change but even though it's an RPG I thought of it almost like a shooter, yes partially because you use guns but a lot of the encounters are like other shooter games where you have to wait for cover and find your openings and strategize around how the area is designed and the enemy types you face, etc. So you get the variety from how encounters are designed. In shooters the formula doesn't really change either, it's about encounter design. ROF does have gun customization though.

I think it's closer to XCOM rather than a shooter which also has cover and emphasizes on different terrain / elevation to effectiveness on attack advantage and defending against enemy gunfire.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
pv7vWEq.png

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I concede it's very flawed. Combat is complicated but doesn't get much more interesting once you have figured it out. And the main story's kinda dumb? But the character interaction is really what you should be paying attention to. The only other issue is a general lack of polish on difficulty.
dificulty spikes are insane. When playing on my own I seldon complain out loud, but this game got nasty with its bossfights, all of the first ones.
I do also know characters and setting is where this game mostly shines, but it's not fun to play so that kind of destroys anything else for me

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
is this the game that was largely disconnected stories with little character development but cool combat?

There's a lot of slice of life chapters. You mostly follow a group of people doing their things, but there is a central thread slowly unveiling.

It doesn't hold your hand at ALL, so you have to pick up on cues. The *second* opening cutscene is mandatory to watch to catch up on some things happening too.

It's dealing with themes like existentialism and boredom and the way they are conveyed works with the storytelling style of Resonance of Fate. It's a moodier, more introspective work rather than the full-blown JRPG drama the genre is known for.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I bought RoF many years ago but never played it (too many other games to play). I won't buy the remaster but in the near future I will play the ps3 version.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Biggest dumpster fire of a "look how crazy I am" game there is - and not in a good way.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little surprised no one's mention that this is one of the few non-Mario titles featuring the voice of Charles Martinet, who does quite an impressive job in his role.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I really hope someone does a free camera mod or something along those lines

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Loved this on 360 but don't think I'll buy this for pc, have intention of replaying this soon due to its length. Great for first time players though.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
is it limited to positions on the ground or we can command them to fly/jump while attacking?

You're rewarded differently for attacking airborne enemies depending on whether you're juggling them (from the ground) or ground-bouncing them (from the air). A big part of RoF's combat is maximizing your time on each hero attack - This usually consists of an initial attack toward the enemy to break their defensive barriers and to knock them airborne and then a followup attack or attacks that end with a jump made near the end of your run to keep the time for your attack charge to reach its apex before unleashing your final blow. ... I think. It's been a while.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Younger me was stupid enough to stick it out. Current me knows better. Probably. Hopefully. This was one freaking hard plat, too, with the postgame psychodungeon theme park area required if I recall. Oh, and every variant of the battle arena. Probably wasted 20+ hours trying to make fashionable costumes though, ugh.

Yea, if you don't know where you're going or at least plan well, that Neverland is a pain, even with maxed out stats. Golden guns and fashion pieces are worth it though.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I got Nier instead of this. I regret nothing. I will definitely buy this if there is a graphical upgrade. 4k on Pro would be insta-buy. Any word on upgrades from the original?