• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

Three postings for a Senior Character Artist, Level Designer, and Senior Software Engineer reveal that Respawn's "Star Wars team" is working on a "third person action/adventure game", a description which fits the same genre that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is in.

Respawn also said they would love to continue Cal's story and the games ending set that up so it makes sense.

I'm kinda sad about this as I wanted Titanfall 3 first then a Jedi Fallen Order sequel.

Deleted member 12129

Oct 27, 2017
JFO was good but I'm going to be sad if Respawn turns into a Star Wars studio exclusively. Titanfall 3 needed to happen

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
started JFO yesterday and i'm having a blast. i'm down for the next one.

but here's hoping for a much more polished sequel, tho.

Why couldn't this be for DLC? It has to be a sequel?

as of this late in gen - and for Respawn's history - DLC or expansions are a rare thing.

ForestL

Feb 12, 2018
On Kotaku Splitscreen a few weeks ago Jason said a sequel was almost a certainty IIRC.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubts JFO is getting a sequel but it does seem a little soon unless it's something that just went straight into development after JFO

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
The Respawn Star Wars trilogy:-

Jedi: Fallen Order
Jedi: Order Get Back Up Again
Jedi: Never Gonna Keep Order Down

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I would like to see something else too. Star Wars absolutely, but maybe something similar to Jedi Knight? So that we'll have both blasters and the ligbtsaber. Or something more like The Force Unleashed.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yeah, with bigger production budget and more development time the sequel could be something really special

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How about making the loot meaningful this time, huh? it's seriously stupid how incredible the level design is, but then you get nothing for exploring it.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Of course. The game was an incredible first outing and sold great. The sequel is one of my most anticipated titles of the next few years, hopefully they bring back the full Mantis squad for the next one

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Massive hit and they set up a sequel with the ending, so it's so surprise we're getting another one but it's nice to have it essentially confirmed.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
giphy.gif

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
JFO badly needs some kind of arena mode DLC, if they really aren't doing any it seems like a waste.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They can count themselves in for AT LEAST 2-3 more sequels, EA isn't going to let them go off into a new IP

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Great game but I hope they can hire someone who can come up with more stuff to loot in chests than poncho colors :L

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Why couldn't this be for DLC? It has to be a sequel?

Seeing how the game felt rushed, I doubt they had any plans for DLC. The game felt like it was crunch time job that came out rough and felt rushed in many places. Hopefully a sequel they can take what they have and flesh out a more polished game next time

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Of course. The game was an incredible first outing and sold great. The sequel is one of my most anticipated titles of the next few years, hopefully they bring back the full Mantis squad for the next one
I was expecting more characters on mantis Tbh, and sorta wished for Normandy like character interactions, like mass effect did. Honestly I expected far more characters and at least one hub with actual population

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how the game felt rushed, I doubt they had any plans for DLC. The game felt like it was crunch time job that came out rough and felt rushed in many places. Hopefully a sequel they can take what they have and flesh out a more polished game next time

So long as they fix the hard to work with map, and put fast travel in, I'm game.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I hope it gets a sequel. Absolutely adored the first, and I feel like a sequel could be an AC -> AC2 situation.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall is old news. Keep on making what you want to make Respawn. There is no such thing as too much Star Wars.