• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
The excellent OT by JigglesBunny can now be found here. Please contain all posts about the actual gameplay / your experiences to that thread. This thread will remain open for now to discuss the announcement and wider relevance to the genre and industry.

Today Electronic Arts Inc and Respawn Entertainment launched Apex Legends™, a free-to-play* battle royale shooter available right now on Origin for PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Set in the Titanfall™ universe, Apex Legends shakes up the battle royale genre with a cast of unique characters, squad-based gameplay, innovative mechanics and more.

Apex Legends delivers a squad-based battle royale experience with a uniquely Respawn flavor. Players will select from one of eight Legends - each with their own unique abilities and playstyles - and the last team standing wins. Combatants can choose from unique characters like Bloodhound, the tracker who can see recent enemy activity on the map, or Lifeline, a battlefield medic who can shield teammates and bring them back from the brink of death. Balanced squads and teamwork are critical, as each Legend is easy to pick up and learn, but challenging to master.

The first season of Apex Legends is scheduled to kick off in March and will give players the opportunity to purchase a Battle Pass to gain access to exclusive cosmetic items earned through gameplay. Apex Legendswill follow a seasonal model with each themed season bringing new content to the game in the form of new weapons, new Legends, new skins and more.

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pr...lable-Now-on-PC-PS4-and-Xbox-One/default.aspx

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
About 13 GBs download on Origin. :D Here's to hope that everything holds well.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they say there wouldn't be Titans? Cause I saw playable Titans.

Also I am kind of confused by how this fits into the Battle Royale genre, seems like it's just Titanfall 2's multiplayer with some slight adjustments (which isn't a bad thing persay).

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.. this one could be interesting. I'll have to download it tonight. All I have to lose is time with Kingdom Hearts 3

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really looked into this game at all but theres no mechs right? is it titanfall in name only? Wall running?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
IDK, I wish the map was bigger. It looks VERY small.

Map size concern aside, that was a fantastic presentation

Last edited:

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know it was supposed to be team-based battle royale. I might actually give it a try, but I can't imagine it'll be anything I want to stick with. F2P + Battle Royale + EA aren't things that interest me. I'll admit that unlike my experience with BR games is pretty limited though, so like I said, I'll give it a shot. Team-based battle at least piques my interest a little bit more than regular BR.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why's Origin so damn awful? Opened it up and it threatened to crash immediately.

Slow download time as well.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
They did Fortnite style looting... that makes it better than Pubg and Blackout for me.

Edit: spoke too soon floor loot is more like Fortnite but there are still loot containers :( .

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really "get" the battle royale genre. It looks good though. Would've just preferred Titanfall 3 but who knows.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Respawn system, oh no.

Looks very cool though, I liked what Realm Royale did with the class system. This seems to be even better lol.

7Z7

May 30, 2018
I couldn't believe it when I was able to start downloading the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.