• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Things I dig about the game:

- The ping system is great for playing with random players, but communication is still key to success.
- Love the respawn system with the banners and the spawn machines that randomly drop on the map.
- Dropping together as one single unit is pretty cool if you want to ensure everyone drops in the same spot and sticks together.
- Weapons feel great to shoot.
- The map is varied and visually fun to be in.
- Having a strong team composition adds a new layer of strategy.

Things I dislike about the game:

- The guns all look the same to me. It's hard to differentiate guns laying around on the floor.
- When finding a better piece of armor, I wish the game would auto drop the lower level piece and auto equip the better one.
- Prices on skins and such are just as much bullshit as Fortnite, but it's f2p so what can you do?
- The lack of wall running kills the momentum of movement. I wish they would add that back in.
- Wish there were more modes, but I'm sure we're getting there.

Overall I like Fortnite more but I definitely enjoy this more than Blackout and PUBG. Good job, Respawn.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The UI is a little confusing. It's not too clear as to what items you have equipped on yourself and on your guns. Not to mention I'm sometimes confused as to whether or not I can equip an item.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I dont think the xbox version is completely turned on. The title on friends list is lorem ipsum (lol really?) and purchasing isnt live.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not big on battle royales. The only other one i played was the trial for blackout .

Mechanically everything feels really good.

However, there's something about the aesthetics that make seeing people difficult at times. There's a lot of overall clutter, shadows and dark areas that makes quickly assessing people in the distance kind of difficult

Coiote

Oct 25, 2017
After the Black Ops blackout free trial, I ended up buying the game. A week or two later, my PSN expires. As I bought Black Ops recently, I renewed to play it. A few more days has passed and this game stealth releases and I am liking it way more than Black Ops. Turns out I wasted a 90 bucks. FML.

Changing the subject, can someone explain to me Wraith's passive ability? I never notice it triggering.

Deleted member 34618

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Initially looked like it was just cosmetic loot boxes that could be bought but i watched the video explanation and, you also buy character classes. Nope. Fuck Off. Loved TitanFall 2 but I'm not touching this garbage.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
The UI is a little confusing. It's not too clear as to what items you have equipped on yourself and on your guns. Not to mention I'm sometimes confused as to whether or not I can equip an item.

It tells you everything visually. Bottom left will show what armor, guns clearly show the ammo icons, if you pick up better armor it will replace automatically, it will tell you if an attachment on the ground goes with one of your weapons, it shows the attachments in the bottomt right shows what attachments are on the guns and which slots are empty, anything that doesn't apply has a big red crossout in the inventory, etc, etc.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Initially looked like it was just cosmetic loot boxes that could be bought but i watched the video explanation and, you also buy character classes. Nope. Fuck Off. Loved TitanFall 2 but I'm not touching this garbage.

I mean there are only two locked classes which are both easily unlockable just by playing the game....

Coiote

Oct 25, 2017

This is not really different from league of legends. I am okay with this. The grind to unlock the extra two classes isn't any different from League of Legends too.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm not big on battle royales. The only other one i played was the trial for blackout .

Mechanically everything feels really good.

However, there's something about the aesthetics that make seeing people difficult at times. There's a lot of overall clutter, shadows and dark areas that makes quickly assessing people in the distance kind of difficult
This was me as well.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Could only play for a few games but managed to win 2 out of 3 games while still getting comfortable with the gun play. Coming from playing Fortnite it's a pleasure to have guns that actually shoot where you aim. Snipers feel very punchy and lethal but not OP, ARs don't feel like peashooters and are good in all situations while shotguns are deadly up close. I think I'm going to really like this game. Now just make it cross play compatible and I'd drop Fortnite.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
- I also find it a bit hard to see enemies
- do headshots do more damage?
- does the glowing blue light pillar on the map indicate a better loot area?

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw there was a FOV slider on Xbox.

yeah any developer that gives me a FOV slider on the console version is a <3
5bOOhIR.gif

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Also, yeah, I have never noticed Wraith's passive either. Was wondering if I'm just missing it or what the hell.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Things I dig about the game:

- The ping system is great for playing with random players, but communication is still key to success.
- Love the respawn system with the banners and the spawn machines that randomly drop on the map.
- Dropping together as one single unit is pretty cool if you want to ensure everyone drops in the same spot and sticks together.
- Weapons feel great to shoot.
- The map is varied and visually fun to be in.
- Having a strong team composition adds a new layer of strategy.

Things I dislike about the game:

- The guns all look the same to me. It's hard to differentiate guns laying around on the floor.
- When finding a better piece of armor, I wish the game would auto drop the lower level piece and auto equip the better one.
- Prices on skins and such are just as much bullshit as Fortnite, but it's f2p so what can you do?
- The lack of wall running kills the momentum of movement. I wish they would add that back in.
- Wish there were more modes, but I'm sure we're getting there.

Overall I like Fortnite more but I definitely enjoy this more than Blackout and PUBG. Good job, Respawn.

Could you expand on what you like more about Fortnite? Having played quite a bit of Fortnite and having spent most of the day with Apex Legends, so far it feels like AL does literally everything better, and all without the hamfisted building.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The variation in health pools and gun damage is way too high. Impossible to anticipate anything in a fight cause you might take someone down in a few bullets or a few clips. Other than that it's really polished and basically just a way better version of Blackout. If they crunch the damage model down so the kill times don't vary so widely it would be really fun.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad the "ultimate" abilities aren't too over powered too.
This is something I've been thinking about a lot over the last couple hours. I am very, very impressed at how they made character abilities feel impactful, distinct, and interesting, without whatsoever making them more important to the fight than gunplay.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The respawning mechanic is incredible too. I usually just bail out in other battle royale games. This keeps a glimmer of hope that I'll be able to return and win.

Ugh. Such smart developers.

I'm already excited to see what's next.

Also the shotguns are so satisfying.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Played about five rounds.

I suck at it (I only got one kill) but my initial impressions are extremely positive.

I strongly suspect this is going to be a very popular game.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kckBArR.jpg

And with that Im off for the night, lol, what a nerve wracking firefight at the end, managed to Wraith warp behind the last squad and kill them with shotgun blasts

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Really? I had a level 1 piece of armor on and I couldn't pick up and use the blue level 2 one I found until I unequipped the level 1 armor. This was on the XBX version.
Huh, that's weird. That has not at all been my experience.

Also, yeah, ammo is a serious problem. I just lost a top 2 to running out of ammo—I've died more to running out of ammo than anything else (especially running out of heavy ammo). I guess I like that it keeps looting more meaningful, but it's definitely frustrating to only e.g. get shotgun ammo from a few minutes of looting, then to die to a fight in which you just didn't have the shots to be aggressive or to trade.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The variation in health pools and gun damage is way too high. Impossible to anticipate anything in a fight cause you might take someone down in a few bullets or a few clips. Other than that it's really polished and basically just a way better version of Blackout. If they crunch the damage model down so the kill times don't vary so widely it would be really fun.

TTK is super high tbh. Combined with the incredibly fast mobility, it lets you maneuver around enemies who have the drop on you and turn the tables.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Set to download now on the X1X, now come on work hurry up and finish...and come on kids go to bed...then I can check this out. Loved TF2, like the BR ideas but haven't clicked with PUBG or Fortnite so hope this is solid entry from Respawn. Reading good things so far.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
It tells you everything visually. Bottom left will show what armor, guns clearly show the ammo icons, if you pick up better armor it will replace automatically, it will tell you if an attachment on the ground goes with one of your weapons, it shows the attachments in the bottomt right shows what attachments are on the guns and which slots are empty, anything that doesn't apply has a big red crossout in the inventory, etc, etc.
Upon further examination I'm beginning to understand it, although it's not clear when under heavy fire.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
This thing is super polished - quite refreshing to play a BR at launch that feels refined and polished.

Blackout was the closest we'd had before that but even that felt like it came in hot.

I always felt like Blackout was really hard to play, if that makes sense? Apex Legends on the other hand is the best BR game I've played so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.