• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
kckBArR.jpg

And with that Im off for the night, lol, what a nerve wracking firefight at the end, managed to Wraith warp behind the last squad and kill them with shotgun blasts

ok how do you do her ultimate? I use it and end up with portals right beside each other. Do i hold it down to use it or what?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
yeah at the begining for sure shroud was really annoyed by that on his stream... Im guessing its to make you loot more though instead of showering you with ammo out the ass at the start
The inventory menu has explicit buttons for dropping fractions of a stack of ammo or dropping a whole stack, so they really want you sharing it with you team and not hoarding all of it out of a chest/loot room. Considering you can call out what you need from your inventory with the ping (I assume it'd work for ammo too), that would make it even possible to get some from non-voice users fairly easily, I guess?

Just one of many smart decisions to keep teammates together.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
ok how do you do her ultimate? I use it and end up with portals right beside each other. Do i hold it down to use it or what?

On PC you activate the ultimate and then move (Can sprint) and wherever I want the end of the portal to be I just click again. It creates a portal where I started and where I finished.

Incredibly handy for the squad when in a rough spot.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It works like the Portal Games, you link two places and the squad can use your teleport and enter from one place to the other.

As a bonus tip, you can start your ult, use her invisibility and create the portals end just behind enemy cover, so your squad can just hop behind them.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
The triple-take with the choke feels pretty monstrous. Especially with the sound the game makes when you're hitting health. Like you're just destroying some kind of dishware golem.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Also I won a game with a Kraber earlier, which was fun, but jeez that gun feels like more trouble than it's worth. Especially not being used to lead/drop in this game yet. Having to bolt the thing after every shot was brutal. Would've rather just had a Longbow, I think.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
No cross platform progression/purchases ever will 100% kill my interest in buying anything in this game. I'm planning on playing on console just as much as Pc

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Won 3 games, 2 with randos and 1 with friends. I like this a lot.

You can do some really cool stuff with Pathfinder's zipline creator. Lots of really fun manuevering of the squad to get them where they need to be and to get good angles on enemy squads. It recharges super fast, so it feels the most impactful of a lot of the ults.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Could you expand on what you like more about Fortnite? Having played quite a bit of Fortnite and having spent most of the day with Apex Legends, so far it feels like AL does literally everything better, and all without the hamfisted building.
For me personally, UI navigation is way faster in Fortnite. That's mainly cuz you can only pick up 6 items so you know quickly what you need to carry at a short moment. And because of a small inventory getting to items is a lot faster. Shooting in Fortnite isn't for everyone but what I do like is it lets you know when you landed a headshot. The skins in Apex are fine but I want more crazy skins like what Fortnite or even Overwatch has. Color variation and subdued armors don't do enough for me.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The variation in health pools and gun damage is way too high. Impossible to anticipate anything in a fight cause you might take someone down in a few bullets or a few clips. Other than that it's really polished and basically just a way better version of Blackout. If they crunch the damage model down so the kill times don't vary so widely it would be really fun.

I think it's actually kind of smart how the enemy glows blue or purple when you shoot them to show you their shield level. Then when they stop glowing they're down to their health.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I don't enjoy playing any of the characters either, but that's been my problem with every hero shooter. Since every hero is different you can't make any one of them too interesting or fun to play cause no other character would be played. In this game it just makes me want a character that has the abilities of a regular Titanfall pilot from the first game, but they would never do that because it would be 10x more effective and fun to play than the rest of the characters.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I might try this tonight. It looks different from the other BR's, and since it's Respawn I am guessing plays better.

I'm surprised but not surprised that Valve hasn't made a Team Fortress 2 BR. It seems obvious. But then I remember it's Valve.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is fucking amazing. Me and two friends just finished second because I chose to heal instead of shoot. What a goddamn game. I've never felt like this about a battle royale before. This one is gonna stick with me.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Something very smart and well done is just the intro of each match, the timed character selection and collective dropping is extremely hype with the music etc. Good shit

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Something very smart and well done is just the intro of each match, the timed character selection and collective dropping is extremely hype with the music etc. Good shit

Much better than standing around in a lobby for 60 seconds. The match loop feels really, really quick.

This game came out of nowhere, and just seems incredibly polished. It has all the trappings of a F2P game, but they could have easily charged for this game.

The group dropping and respawn mechanic is just such a smart addition to the game.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Took awhile to get the hang of it. Won 4 today with a high of 9 kills. Its interesting. I can't help but feel as if armor plays too important of a role in firefights however. I also am sad this means no titanfall proper.

Oct 27, 2017
Played it, it's really good.

It's not TF3, but it's good none the less.

Wish respawn lots of success and hopefully we get TF3 next gen.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I just popped off for the first time and was the kill leader, but didn't win the game due to the zone wiping us out. Started too far out on the map.

So far I'm liking Lifeline the most. What about everyone else?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just popped off for the first time and was the kill leader, but didn't win the game due to the zone wiping us out. Started too far out on the map.

So far I'm liking Lifeline the most. What about everyone else?

So far pathfinder. I like grappeling and setting up Zip Lines for my squad.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
3 man squad been kind of a bummer so far. I've basically intruded on a regular group of guys that has been playing PUBG and Siege with each other for the last year and I haven't played a BR game ever, or hell even any competitive shooter since like Overwatch so people have been having to sit out or go queue with randos. Feel bad breaking up their group especially since I drag ass so bad

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I just got matched up with 2 guys that have played a ton and they just dominated. I was just proud I held my own and did almost 1000 damage for my first win. I wrecked a whole squad with my defensive bombardment as Gibralta, damn he is a good character. I got the Kraber also and damn that is satisfying to snipe with. Though I'm not sure if it's even a 1 shot headshot kill, I'm pretty sure I got one on a guy in the last squad we killed but it didn't do enough damage and the other guys finished them off. Overall we had 22 kills as a squad. I had 4 of them lol

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Those complaining of Time to unlock heroes...In one day i got 3000 points. its 12000 to unlock. Its not undoable at all.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it will stay that way

I mean there's a season pass coming that includes legends to unlock but we don't know full details on them.

Either way, the two that need to be unlocked don't take that long to and it's easily done by just playing the game.

Edit: Baffles me when people complain about in game unlocks in a F2P title...especially one with so much polish.

Last edited:

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
The game is too good for it to be F2P. Hoping this takes the crown from Fortnite. Got me 1 win today after about 5 matches...I'll definately be playing this for when I get tired of Anthem.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Really impressed by this. I'm terrible, but it's A LOT more fun than I expected. Glad the building aspect of Fortnite is out of the equation.

If anyone is looking to play, I'm ZekeXenu on PS4. Hoping to find cool ERA folks to roll with. My time zone, if it helps, is Pacific Standard.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What can you do on PS4 when you hit the "ready to start" portion of the download?

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
You can play but HD textures won't be downloaded.
You can play training and play the game fully though just some of the textures are blurry

I made this mistake. I went into a game while it was still downloading and forgot that it would make my ping like 800 lol. Couldn't pause the DL, had to bail, sorry team

fersnake

Nov 17, 2017
Guatemala
I tried it and I think it helped a little bit, but it's still there. What I found fixes it for me is disabling TSAA, which sucks because it looks like shit without it and there's no other AA option. It rarely drops below 60 now, even with other options raised.

its a shame cuz i play bfv ultra settings above 60fps and but with this game i fluctuate between 51-90ish kinda sad really, gonna try to install the newest drivers maybe that help or wait a patch xD thx man.

Status
Not open for further replies.