• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Been playing about an hour and i'm in. No BR game i've tried so far has really stuck with me but this is getting there.

On paper this is a natural evolution of BR/arena shooter genre but the execution by Respawn is pretty impressive.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Gameplay is fun. But I hope there was a non-BR mode. Can't deal with having to find another match after dying. But I like the squad thing though.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I mean there's a season pass coming that includes legends to unlock but we don't know full details on them.

Either way, the two that need to be unlocked don't take that long to and it's easily done by just playing the game.

Edit: Baffles me when people complain about in game unlocks in a F2P title...especially one with so much polish.
Believe they've said legends won't be tied to a Battle Pass as they don't want a P2W approach. Battle Pass will be purely cosmetics.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Ugh, got an Apex loot crate thing, open it, the connection to the server crashes, I go back and I don't have the loot crate anymore. I assume I got the contents? But I have no clue what I got since the server went to shit before getting the results... Sucks.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ugh, got an Apex loot crate thing, open it, the connection to the server crashes, I go back and I don't have the loot crate anymore. I assume I got the contents? But I have no clue what I got since the server went to shit before getting the results... Sucks.
Look under armour for any red dots signifying new

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Reminder: The excellent OT by JigglesBunny can now be found here. Please contain all posts about the actual gameplay / your experiences to that thread. This thread will remain open for now to discuss the announcement and wider relevance to the genre and industry.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So many good things about this game. It really is a greatest hits of all the best ideas put in battle royale modes over the past few years.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First Champion and with randoms too. Died twice in that round. The respawn mechanic is incredible. So is Bangalore, that passive is great.

RC with extended mag and a peace keeper the GOAT loadout

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Played about 6 or so matches so far. I'm not a fan of BR but I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. If this had mechs and TF movement I would be in love with it and never put it down lol. This is something I would gladly put a ton of hours into at work if it were on the switch. Overwatch + Fortnite is what I'm getting out of this so far. I'm okay with the former, despise the latter. I could definitely see this getting only better as time and updates go along.

Biggest issue I have with these kinds of games is that I feel like they get kinda old after a few games.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Fortnite
Apex Legends

H1Z1
Blackout

In terms of fun BR imo. This thing has serious potential and F2P will help it tremendously. I just hate choosing these characters or hero's which is why I hate Overwatch with a passion. Other than that it's mostly delightful so far.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I played Fortnite for a couple of months when BR first released and it was fun. That's the extent of my BR experience. Was waiting for someone to refine it before I committed, will give this a good shot in a few hours.

Maybe it's the one...

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I know it's going to come off as edgelordy but I don't care, Caustic is just so goddamn cool! His design, his voice, and his lines are all fantastic... now I just wish he were being used in a game with some story to it...

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, guys, I can not believe it but I think I'm in love with this game. I was so critical and sceptical with the leaks and rumors and now after 3-4 hours of playing, I have to say all the praise was justified.

There´s a lesson to be learned here....

2r3ko4z.png

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Does anyone find grenades useful? Beyond the fact that you have to switch to them before you use them, the frag has a really long fuse time and can't be cooked.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
There´s a lesson to be learned here....

Oh god that is beautiful. I distinctly remember this post yesterday.

At least he's owned up but I am tired of rash judgements by people.

This is the first game in a long time that I actually woke up early to play more of before I went to work today. It's great fun.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaannn. Watching some footage of this and hearing the clicky clacky sounds of the game and UI is giving me major HL2: Death Match flashbacks. Haven't played a Source game in ages now.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Nah, it's what people do. Apex is a little different, since you might be Respawned, so you may want to hang around but as soon as the squad wipe happens, started the next match!
I don't know if I can get into it. I also don't like not being spawned with any weapon. The last 2 times out squad got ambushed and both times all I had was a pistol. I don't get how on the menu it shows the guns we unlocked but we can't equip them?

I get the basis of BR but as my initial experience (and being an average FPS player) I don't know if I can get into it.

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing I hope they will add sooner rather than later is 4 or even 5 player teams. 3 isn't good for us, there's always someone on the sidelines really. Or me and my friends should split up but you get a very hectic party chat then.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The character designs are horrendous

They're somehow even worse than the ones in Black Ops 4
I like them, they feel like Timesplitters 2 characters

and the same ppl that made titanfall 2 jumping...couldn't have made this.
That isn't how game development works. Even if exactly 1:1 the same team worked on TF2 and Apex Legends, jumping/climbing obviously isn't as much of a priority in this as it was in Titanfall 2 – thus it will have been designed differently, thus it will have had less development focus, thus it will feel different.

The same team can put out vastly different feeling things.

So you focus on playing and enjoying the game

:)

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is so hard to find a gun in the beginning of the game. I run around for the first minute and only find health and armor.

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
I really, really hate headbob without an option to turn it off. Without TF movement, it's hard to swallow all the swaying and ADS gameplay.

vicegold

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get this in the german PS Store. I can only add it to my wish list, what's going on here?

vicegold

Oct 27, 2017
There are two german ones. One for free for users with PS+, and one for 0,25€ because of their usual USK18 stuff.
Loaded it last night via PS4-Store.
But i have PS+ so i should be able to get the free version, right? But i can't. I'll look for the 0,25€ version!

Edit: The download button now appeared on the free version :)

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Do people still play Titanfall 1 or 2 on Xbox?

Might get one of those because this gameplay made me miss TF2.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I like them, they feel like Timesplitters 2 characters

That isn't how game development works. Even if exactly 1:1 the same team worked on TF2 and Apex Legends, jumping/climbing obviously isn't as much of a priority in this as it was in Titanfall 2 – thus it will have been designed differently, thus it will have had less development focus, thus it will feel different.

The same team can put out vastly different feeling things.

So you focus on playing and enjoying the game

:)
Hey Siege had a platinum and i enjoyed the hell out of that game even after the plat! :(

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
Do people still play Titanfall 1 or 2 on Xbox?

Might get one of those because this gameplay made me miss TF2.
Be careful. I played TF2 this week in anticipation and it's so many light years better than this mess it will make you like AL less.

AL feels like a janky clone of actual Titanfall mechanics and gun play. Like Gameloft made it or something. How is this a Respawn game? I played hours and hours tonight and I'm struggling to see why people are so hyped.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just got 3rd place in a random squad without any of us using our mics even once, just utilizing the amazing ping system.
It just WORKED

Status
Not open for further replies.