• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
So, I know a lot of people are saying they hope they add some sort of solo game type. With everything so set up for teams do you think it would work well? Would they have to strip abilities to make it work?

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
tried to play it, didn't really know what i was doing as i don't play BR games, got wrecked, but it feels like it could/would be fun for those that understand/are experienced in these games

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Honestly, some of the features in this game is exactly what I wanted from my everyday shooter.

Instantly joining friends. Draft picking characters, pinging every message you can think of, and so much more. I love that players can jump in a team or solo. There's so much goodness in this game.

I like that every character has dozens of skins, though this game is ripe and ready to be milked with MTX, so it's a double edged sword.

Biggest problem with the game is how uninspired the legends are, and how little I feel invested in them since there is way too much MTX and the characters look way too generic to give a fuck.

Though I'm happy that devs will make their money from MTX and maybe add more modes like solo, duo, 4 man and 6 man teams. 10 teams of 6 would be so much fun.

Solid gameplay will make this a weekly title that I'll play.

P.S. I love landing on the ship!

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Titanfall 1 was almost multiplayer only. Titanfall 2 was very multiplayer orientated. Sure it had a great singleplayer mode, but if anything that came as a surprise to fans, rather than what they expected. It's a multiplayer driven series and Respawn are known for innovating in the multiplayer space.
And both multiplayer versions of those games fell off the map pretty quick. Quote me and come back in 2 weeks then. Everyone will go back to Fortnite, COD, PubG.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
See you in a few weeks. I look forward to it. I find it insane that you people find it so hard to believe this game wont succeed. You all probably still try and play Lawbreakers
The problem is that timing is everything. Lawbreakers died a self inflicted death by releasing in the time when there was no room for any Overwatch or Fortnite competitors. So did Battlebore. So did all the countless other full-priced (and eventually F2P) BR/team games that came out in a ridiculously unpolished state.

This game is very polished. This game is a successor to one of the best games out there. This game took COD's $59.99 lunch money and gave it for free. I will be surprised if COD ever recovers. This is miles better than Blackout.

Blackout is going F2P this summer, and Apex will eat it's lunch while the rest will ponder and say "Fucking EA". Lawbreakers hould've been F2P but it wasn't. And then Cliffy finally released a F2P in such garbage state that the studio died.

This game has the fanbase of Titanfall to back up on. This game has EA's billions to back up on. If it wasn't for Anthem, they would be marketing the shit outta this. This will take center stage, and it'll be glorious. I guess quote me in a few weeks/months as well :)

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that timing is everything. Lawbreakers died a self inflicted death by releasing in the time when there was no room for any Overwatch or Fortnite competitors. So did Battlebore. So did all the countless other F2P BR/team games that came out in a ridiculously unpolished state.

This game is very polished. This game is a successor to one of the best games out there. This game took COD's $59.99 lunch money and gave it for free. I will be surprised if COD ever recovers. This is miles better than Blackout.

Blackout is going F2P this summer, and Apex will eat it's lunch while the rest will ponder and say "Fucking EA".

Lawbreakers should've been F2P but it wasn't. And then Cliffy finally released a F2P in such garbage state that the studio died.
I hope your right. I really do enjoy this game. I just know how quickly people move on. I hope I am wrong.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
See you in a few weeks. I look forward to it. I find it insane that you people find it so hard to believe this game wont succeed. You all probably still try and play Lawbreakers
I don't know why you're trashing it. Lawbreakers was a good game but flawed by its core art design. It's ultimately what killed it.

The game was fun, but stupid ugly and to the point where you didn't want to play it. Apex Legends has everything going for it with 1million uniques already, it's about a tenth of a the users fortnite gets concurrently. This game easily has huge legs and I see it succeeding pretty good.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The ping system in this game is revolutionary. It makes it possible to effortlessly communicate with your squad without needing a mic. If you're like me and you don't like having to talk to randos, this game has your back. I love how there's in-game dialog to go along with it, too.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
MsvJyuh.png

I'm in love with this game. Played a couple of games with this character and loved it. I'm going to sleep now, I fucking have to. See ya!

Hey! What do the second and third diamonds there represent? I figured the third was a win, but I have won twice and that never popped up, and the second looks like his special move? I don't have either and was just curious if you know.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hey! What do the second and third diamonds there represent? I figured the third was a win, but I have won twice and that never popped up, and the second looks like his special move? I don't have either and was just curious if you know.
The second one is a win with this particular character. The third one... I think it was the last kill of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.