• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
he said a great remake

I don't even understand why people want a MGS1 remake

MGS1 is an all time classic, but it's a game with 23 guards and about a dozen rooms. 1/3rd of the game is back tracking and the last half of the game is a boss rush

So do people want a 1 to 1 remake, which will look and play weird because it's a game with 23 guards and about a dozen rooms. 1/3rd of the game is back tracking and the last half of the game is a boss rush, or do they want to greatly expand the scope and scale of the game, without Kojima being involved?

Both of those sounds like pretty terrible ideas to me

4K graphics and amazing models will just be jarring with MGS1's design and mechanics, and an expanded game would be fan fiction

I can live without both

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
MV5BNDZiZjFkNTQtZjEyYS00NWMxLWFkMGYtNzY3NTZhZmEwYjJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcyNzkwMTc@._V1_.jpg
He said a great remake.

Personally I find it really strange that Metal Gear HD collection never made it off past gen consoles. I mean even the Vita has a port.

Would be cool if it ended up being Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake released with a new port of HD collection (including MGS1 this time).

They did allude in their tease tweet there were possibly 2 projects going so this doesn't deconfirm shit.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's a lazily copy and pasted old job advert that they've simply posted again and mentions 360/PS3 but not XBO/PS4 and doesn't even mention the SotC remake in the "about" section of the advert - because it is indeed just some old job spec text they've copied. It means nothing.

Nov 8, 2017
Sometimes information like this is a mistake, sometimes it's true. Thing is though, we never had any confirmation their next title was an exclusive to begin with. We know extremely little and people should probably just put it out of their minds until we know more.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So what do you expect from Demon's Souls then? I would consider SOTC a great remake even though they didn't change much.

That's how I would define a pointless remake

At least with Resi 2 and FF7R they're actually changing things up. The original Resi 2 and FF7 will/are still worth playing even if you want/like the remakes, as they offer something different

SOTC is just SOTC with better graphics, almost nothing of value would be lost if it didn't exist, as people could just play the PS2/PS3 version and get virtually the same experience

Oct 25, 2017

At least with Resi 2 and FF7R they're actually changing things up. The original Resi 2 and FF7 will/are still worth playing even if you want/like the remakes, as they offer something different

SOTC is just SOTC with better graphics, almost nothing of value would be lost if it didn't exist, as people could just play the PS2/PS3 version and get virtually the same experience

I'd rather have the much better looking running and looking experience, but I get your point. I cannot see myself ever wanting to play a game from the PS2 or earlier era again.

Bring that Demon's remaster to the largest souls community on PC with crossplay. Should be fun.

Don't set yourself up for a another Bloodborne level disappointment.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand why people want a MGS1 remake

MGS1 is an all time classic, but it's a game with 23 guards and about a dozen rooms. 1/3rd of the game is back tracking and the last half of the game is a boss rush

So do people want a 1 to 1 remake, which will look and play weird because it's a game with 23 guards and about a dozen rooms. 1/3rd of the game is back tracking and the last half of the game is a boss rush, or do they want to greatly expand the scope and scale of the game, without Kojima being involved?

Both of those sounds like pretty terrible ideas to me

4K graphics and amazing models will just be jarring with MGS1's design and mechanics, and an expanded game would be fan fiction

I can live without both
it's probably down to mostly the crowd of people that started with the series on subsistence and the full 3D camera because pretty much from that point on it has had that camera but i honestly don't mind the first game provided i have some sort of dualshock controller

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nonsense. The SOTC remake is amazing. And a lot of people don't want/like to play games with ~15 years old graphics and performance so they would have skipped it. Even the PS3 remastered version. The SOTC remake was great for the nostalgia fans and new gamers who never played SOTC.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's not a PS5 exclusive, if it releases on PS4. Sony wouldn't have talked about it if it wasn't exclusive to their platform, though.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd rather have the much better looking running and looking experience, but I get your point. I cannot see myself ever wanting to play a game from the PS2 or earlier era again.

Yeah and I can understand that, but it's still pretty lame, and why we're probably entering a phase where developers will bust a gut remaking perfectly fine games from 10-15 years ago to appease people who wouldn't buy a remaster instead of making new IP and new entries into series'

Look at the thrist for a Demon's Souls remake. It's a 10 year old game. If it gets remastered it will play really well, but people still want it remade from scratch. Why not give a developer license to make Demon's Souls 2 or something new? Is remaking a decade old game that just needs a few QoL improvements and a remaster really necessary?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
it's probably down to mostly the crowd of people that started with the series on subsistence and the full 3D camera because pretty much from that point on it has had that camera but i honestly don't mind the first game provided i have some sort of dualshock controller
I remember really struggling with MGS3 because of the camera. The maps are much more open whereas MGS2 the static camera worked loads better. I was so glad when I got a hold of Subsistence.

I've never went back to the original so can't remember if it was actually that bad but for me it was a really bad first impression. Subsistence changed what was a frustrating game to one of my favourites of all time. I easily go back to 1 and 2 though and feel the level design works much better than MGS3 did with a static camera.

Also what's wrong with remakes with better graphics? It used to be that remakes were essentially the same game made prettier, and not nessecarily a redesign entirely. Resi 1 remake is amazing and it stuck close to the source. SotC remake was amazing for me, seeing all those beautiful monsters and scenery in HD. Even FF7 all I ever wanted was the same game but not lego people.

Basic remakes are cool I kinda wish there were more. I loved those old games I want to see them with new life not a completely different game loosely inspired by.

Last edited:

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nonsense. The SOTC remake is amazing. And a lot of people don't want/like to play games with ~15 years old graphics and performance so they would have skipped it. Even the PS3 remastered version. The SOTC remake was great for the nostalgia fans and new gamers who never played SOTC.

It's a really solid product, but it doesn't offer anything new or unique when compared to the original or remaster other than it looks nicer

Why not pick the best 5 games and remake them every generation if we need to remake something after a decade?

Why make more Bloodborne games, when we can just remake Bloodborne every generation, after all a lot of people don't want/like to play games with ~15 years old graphics and performance

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and I can understand that, but it's still pretty lame, and why we're probably entering a phase where developers will bust a gut remaking perfectly fine games from 10-15 years ago to appease people who wouldn't buy a remaster instead of making new IP and new entries into series'

Look at the thrist for a Demon's Souls remake. It's a 10 year old game. If it gets remastered it will play really well, but people still want it remade from scratch. Why not give a developer license to make Demon's Souls 2 or something new? Is remaking a decade old game that just needs a few QoL improvements and a remaster really necessary?

Considering Bluepoint ONLY does remakes and remasters we are not losing out anything. So yeah give me the remake.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Considering Bluepoint ONLY does remakes and remasters we are not losing out anything. So yeah give me the remake.

Well, it's the boring choice, so you'll probably get your wish, but even if we limit their next game to a remake, there are more interesting games they could remake, or more worthwhile remakes they could make, where they could expand on the original game instead of doing a prettier copy/paste job

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's the boring choice, so you'll probably get your wish, but even if we limit their next game to a remake, there are more interesting games they could remake, or more worthwhile remakes they could make, where they could expand on the original game instead of doing a prettier copy/paste job

Might be a boring choice to you, but it's a great choice. It's the grandfather of Souls games that most Souls fans have never played.

I'm hoping it will be PS5 only, but it will look amazing either way.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
A job site saying "Help bring our content to life, creating industry leading visual effects at industry leading performance on the most advanced home consoles" doesn't mean their game is coming to multiple consoles. This is a stretch even by 'random websites reporting on job listings' standards.
I just wanna say that I love how you keep repeatedly hinting at them making a Demon's Souls remake without ever actually outright saying so. Idk why but I find it hilarious.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Might be a boring choice to you, but it's a great choice. It's the grandfather of Souls games that most Souls fans have never played.

Yeah, so wouldn't playing the original game be the better choice than a cover band remake?

I'd be all over a Demon's Souls remaster. It would be the same great game with better performance. A remake would be the same game but it would look better and feel a little off

To be fair, it will probably get a remake so I'll be on the wrong side of history anyway. I beat Demon's Souls, and I'd play it again if it gets remastered, but I have no interest in seeing everything I've seen before, remade so that it looks and plays in exactly the same way. It just seems pointless, but that's what a lot of people seem to want, so I'm sure that's what they'll get

I'll be over here, yelling at my cloud

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so wouldn't playing the original game be the better choice than a cover band remake?

I'd be all over a Demon's Souls remaster. It would be the same great game with better performance. A remake would be the same game but it would look better and feel a little off

To be fair, it will probably get a remake so I'll be on the wrong side of history anyway. I beat Demon's Souls, and I'd play it again if it gets remastered, but I have no interest in seeing everything I've seen before, remade so that it looks and plays in exactly the same way. It just seems pointless, but that's what a lot of people seem to want, so I'm sure that's what they'll get

I'll be over here, yelling at my cloud

I've never played it so it will be new for me just like SOTC was. I guess that is where we differ. I wouldn't be super excited for an Uncharted 2 remake right now so I get it.

Lol no

BluePoint literally mentioned their PS5 game on Wired PS5 reveal

It is Demons Souls Remake

Well that got some clicks. That's all that really matters right?

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol no

BluePoint literally mentioned their PS5 game on Wired PS5 reveal

It is Demons Souls Remake

Nov 21, 2017
I don't buy into this news that Bluepoint Games PS5 project is actually a multiplatform title. I remember a few years ago Bluepoint Games had a job listing that mentioned something similar that the studio was working on a title for home consoles plural. Yet the game ended up being Shadow of the Colossus PS4 which obviously was an exclusive.

See link below:
https://wccftech.com/bluepoint-games-hiring-asset-creation-aaa-title-consoles-team-working-remaster/

Job listing back in 2016 said:
Bluepoint is looking for an ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to join our team as we work on our latest project. Help us create unique assets for a AAA title and current generation home consoles.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Wow, a single plural in a recruitment ad that probably wasn't copy checked outside of legal requirements for a job ad...and suddenly there's an article...no secondary sourcing, no attempt to get a comment from Bluepoint...

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Where's the source?

*Article in OP that denotes the entire point from a plural form of a word in a recruitment ad.

Oh.......erm...m'kay

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
He said a great remake.

Personally I find it really strange that Metal Gear HD collection never made it off past gen consoles. I mean even the Vita has a port.

Would be cool if it ended up being Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake released with a new port of HD collection (including MGS1 this time).

They did allude in their tease tweet there were possibly 2 projects going so this doesn't deconfirm shit.
But it did come with a digital copy of mgs1. I'm sure it did on ps3 gonna go check.

Edit- actually it's the legacy collection has 1-4 but 1is a digital ps1 classic.

Oct 25, 2017
Infuriatingly poor reading comprehension for someone who ostensibly writes for a living. The quote is part of a super general description of what BluePoint Games does. How could anyone not read it that way?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
A job site saying "Help bring our content to life, creating industry leading visual effects at industry leading performance on the most advanced home consoles" doesn't mean their game is coming to multiple consoles. This is a stretch even by 'random websites reporting on job listings' standards.
I figured it was a job ad that listed experience developing for PS4/XB1 as a requirement but it turns out it's even dumber. Amazing.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
But it did come with a digital copy of mgs1. I'm sure it did on ps3 gonna go check.

Edit- actually it's the legacy collection has 1-4 but 1is a digital ps1 classic.
Ah right. I had the collection on Vita and I knew Peace Walker came with the console HD collection but didn't think MGS1 was included too.

Would have loved if an updated Peace Walker came to Vita too back then. The PSP port is ok but the controls suffer quite a bit and I really didn't enioy it. Been told the HD version is a lot better.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a really solid product, but it doesn't offer anything new or unique when compared to the original or remaster other than it looks nicer
That's exactly what a lot of fans (me, for example) wanted. I don't want a remake that plays nothing like the original game but just has the same name and characters in it. I want the game I've played and loved over a decade ago, but with todays graphics and performance. And that's what they did with the SOTC remake. A few little changes here and there, okay. But changing a lot in a game like Shadow of the Colossus? Or ICO? Making it something totally different? No, thanks.
Why not pick the best 5 games and remake them every generation if we need to remake something after a decade?
Because the PS1/PS2 graphics are horrendous and pixelated. Most of them (see MediEvil) are some first-gen 3D games on consoles. While todays graphics are fine. A remake to up the graphics to todays standards just makes sense.
But hey, if people want to buy a remake of the same 5 games every generation, then why not? People want stuff, a company then makes stuff. Win Win, right?
Why make more Bloodborne games, when we can just remake Bloodborne every generation, after all a lot of people don't want/like to play games with ~15 years old graphics and performance
Because there is a difference with games like MediEvil or SOTC which are totally pixelated, compared to current-gen games like Bloodborne. It's not hard to understand and you don't have to act like you don't get it.
And see Demon's Souls for example. The performance of this game is god-awful and the framerate drops to single digits. It makes sense for Demon's Souls, because it has a history of almost not releasing in the west, having horrible performance issues, people missing/not playing it pre-Dark Souls 1, etc.

I mean hey, it's totally okay for you to ignore the remake and simply keep playing the original games on PS1, PS2 or PS3.
As can be seen with SOTC, MediEvil etc, people want those remakes. Sony loves to make new IPs. So here you go. New Bloodbornes!