• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Demons souls dream is still alive I see
Remake Folklore tho. Game came out when the PS3 was trash and sent out to die

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Twin Snakes is the perfect example of "remaking" something and not only improving the performance and graphics but changing the whole game. And the result was cheesy awful.

That's fine. We don't need "MgS: Metal Gear Solid", either. Especially in a world where Kojima isn't at Konami anymore to assist.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said it before and as usual i got called a bunch of not so nice things, i still stand by my prediction that it is a EA title.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's fine. We don't need "MgS: Metal Gear Solid", either. Especially in a world where Kojima isn't at Konami anymore to assist.
A remake right now would have been fine in a world without Twin Snakes and Kojima still working for Konami. But after all what happened (what Konami did to Kojima + that terrible Twin Snake remake), yeah, I'm done with MGS.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Good if true more people get to play it, Bluepoint is an excellent studio. Either way can't wait to see what it ends up being.

Oct 31, 2017
He said a great remake.

And we got one already! :P

With that said, I'm ok if we get a new one as well.

At least with Resi 2 and FF7R they're actually changing things up. The original Resi 2 and FF7 will/are still worth playing even if you want/like the remakes, as they offer something different

SOTC is just SOTC with better graphics, almost nothing of value would be lost if it didn't exist, as people could just play the PS2/PS3 version and get virtually the same experience

RE2R and 7R are both remakes and re-imaginings while SotC PS4 is a 1:1 remake. I see nothing wrong with that... And not everyone has a PS2/PS3 or wants to play a PS2/PS3 game in 2019.

Look at the thrist for a Demon's Souls remake. It's a 10 year old game. If it gets remastered it will play really well, but people still want it remade from scratch. Why not give a developer license to make Demon's Souls 2 or something new? Is remaking a decade old game that just needs a few QoL improvements and a remaster really necessary?

DS has always been pretty rough technically and there's some cut content so a remake would be great. Of course, a sequel would be great too (if made by From).

People like different things, that's all!

Last edited:

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
And we got one already! :P

With that said, I'm ok if we get a new one as well.
I would be ok too! Just, uh, use the original dialogue audio ok :) Jennifer Hale sounds like they woke her up to do her lines between naps. Also don't fuck with the music :( infact do the opposite of every original thing Sillicon Knights tried to do and I'll be cooshty.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I'd love a MGS remake. One of my favourite games ever and I only played it on the ps2.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Consoles can simply mean PS4 and PS5

If it's anything real hype I'm sure Sony will just buy them and prevent it from going multiplat.

Probaby a sick pong remaster

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if a simple job listing rules exclusivity out but honestly I would rather they do something besides Demon's Souls. That game still looks good and would look amazing with a boost to 4K60.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that they are remaking MGS though. From 1 to 4.

Still ridiculous that the only place we can play MGS 4 is on a PS3.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
That is a weird article. They are an independent company do if course someone being hired might work on a multiplatform title but that doesn't really have a bearing on whatever Sony was talking about.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if a simple job listing rules exclusivity out but honestly I would rather they do something besides Demon's Souls. That game still looks good and would look amazing with a boost to 4K60.

Bluepoint would be doing that too. They remastered the Uncharted games for PS4. Give me the full up ground visual remake though like SOTC. No interest in PS3 game visuals scaled up.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Twin Snakes is the perfect example of "remaking" something and not only improving the performance and graphics but changing the whole game. And the result was cheesy and awful.
I. Um. Hmm.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i do not want solid remake if theres a remake of the franchise i would want metal gear 1 and 2 *not solid

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
why is this thread still open, their reasoning is obviously flawed and read too much into something they shouldn't.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That is some "evidence" alright lol. Like Sony was going to announce the first project for PS5 that wasn't even exclusive.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
yeah, doesn't sound like a remake. Bummer
don't care about exclusivity but I guess Demon's Souls is out of the question now

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
Its probably Demon's Souls.

But a modern, up to date, gaas version of Socom would make SO much sense in these modern times.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man. Im realising just now that im assuming theyre making demon souls and id be really bummed if im not playing that when ps5 releases.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thought it may be, because they included multi platform 3rd party games in their tease at Halloween..

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's the boring choice, so you'll probably get your wish, but even if we limit their next game to a remake, there are more interesting games they could remake, or more worthwhile remakes they could make, where they could expand on the original game instead of doing a prettier copy/paste job

We get it; you don't like remasters. That's fine, but maybe you're not the intended audience, and maybe there are people out there who've always wanted to play SotC but have never had the opportunity or the hardware and are excited for a remaster on modern hardware? Bluepoint only do remasters anyway, so it's not like you're missing out on a potentially new game.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A job site saying "Help bring our content to life, creating industry leading visual effects at industry leading performance on the most advanced home consoles" doesn't mean their game is coming to multiple consoles. This is a stretch even by 'random websites reporting on job listings' standards.
Gotta love this guy :)

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Sony would have done their PS5 exclusive content deal with Wired and only spoke about it in terms of Multiplatform games. The fact that a Bluepoint guy was there for proceedings lends itself to a deal with Sony.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it very well could be but that's reading a lot into the use of one letter in a job listing.