• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Parden my ignorance, why are you that certain?

Simply because the guy is the guy is a good friend, pretty sociable in the industry, and he never really 'leaks' anything to me, we're just both big MGS fans so this was an exception. He mentioned it to me just days before the PS5 announcement where it said bluepoint were working on a remake.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
If it's not Demon's Souls that's a great thing. Don't need to go backwards. Hopefully it's a new, interesting IP. Or at the very least, a remake of a game that hasn't already had a ton of much better sequels.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Would people go nuclear if they change MGS's story or interactions?
Bluepoint said they are "reimagining" the game and honestly, Ground Zeroes like MGS1 sounds pretty good to me.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Simply because the guy is the guy is a good friend, pretty sociable in the industry, and he never really 'leaks' anything to me, we're just both big MGS fans so this was an exception. He mentioned it to me just days before the PS5 announcement where it said bluepoint were working on a remake.

I see. Thanks.

What a waste. A travesty of a waste.
As a massive MGS fan... I agree. I got a taste for it in MGS 4.. dont want them working on this.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Decima MGS with Kojima is the only way I'd consider giving it a go.

I was hoping for something far more interesting.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A job site saying "Help bring our content to life, creating industry leading visual effects at industry leading performance on the most advanced home consoles" doesn't mean their game is coming to multiple consoles. This is a stretch even by 'random websites reporting on job listings' standards.

Lol the entire source of this article is that a job listing says "consoles" plural instead of singular.
Geez you really are rude at anyone who isn't you. Even if they're wrong there's no need to be this level of arsey about it

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
All I want is a faithful MGS Remake. It's the only one that really needs a remake being a PS1 game, the others games in the franchise are fine as is.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Geez you really are rude at anyone who isn't you. Even if they're wrong there's no need to be this level of arsey about it
Rude, really? Those were some pretty tame responses.

Also this is what Bluepoint wrote when they were hiring for SOTC remake:
Bluepoint is looking for an ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to join our team as we work on our latest project. Help us create unique assets for a AAA title and current generation home consoles. Preferably looking for an individual with mid to senior level experience, with a true passion for creating cutting edge environment art. Multiple positions available, both for contract and full-time opportunities.

Last edited:

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get they say it's a re-imagination and all.. but they can't do anything with a MGS remake apart from graphical upgrades.., and I don't want them to mess around with the lore anyway. So... after hearing them say it's a bigger leap from what they did on SoTC, I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a reboot of a franchise, a re-imagination of an old ip that Sony's neglected. But MGS... it's a hard sell if true.

Unless it's a reboot of the MGS franchise, which I hardly think would ever happen, nor would Konami mess with the series prestige.
Just very disappointed if this turns out to true :/