• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Respawn's Star Wars game will be shown off next Saturday. What are your hopes, dreams and expectations?

Dec 28, 2017

Here's an official description of the game straight from the website.
From Respawn Entertainment comes a brand-new action adventure game which tells an original Star Wars™ story around a surviving Padawan set shortly after the events of Star Wars™: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith™. The game will be releasing Holiday 2019.
And here's what we know so far...

Honestly, I'm really hoping this game is a spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight games as opposed to playing more like The Force Unleashed which has me worried. Also having the story start off during Order 66 would be really interesting. Respawn really have the potential to tell a compelling original Star Wars story here but I hope they allow us to shape our characters the way we want a la KOTOR. Imagine being able to pick what Lightsaber form you want or which force powers to emphasise etc. For the most part, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to be blown away next Saturday, what about you, Era?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Star Wars nerds are obsessed with the lightsabers being one hit kills, but I'm down for another character action title with combos and TFU's DBZ force powers.

Oct 26, 2017
Very high expectations. Heard this was running on Unreal so that’s a plus. I don’t even care if it has multiplayer.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean as long as EA has given Respawn a full hands-off leash for this game, then I'm fully confident it will be good

I've liked every single true Infinity Ward / Respawn game -- COD1, COD2, MW1, MW2, TF1, TF2

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2 had one of the best single player campaigns for a shooter this generation. Stig did a pretty good job with God of War III, so I expect a tight, varied campaign with memorable set pieces.

Feb 22, 2018
They have already said that this will be a third person action adventure game. Doubt they would have let Stig Asmussen direct it otherwise.

I'm hoping it crushes and gives the fans what they needed in place of Amy's game.

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro with light sabers.

Seriously though, I think of Titanfall 2 and God of War 3 and I get hyped beyond belief.

It's gonna be amazing, and I'm not even that into Star Wars.

Jan 11, 2018
Crazy we haven't gotten a game from Stig in nearly 10 years. He did a fantastic job with GoW 3, and again has a great team underneath him. I'm expecting the GOAT Star Wars game.

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
When was the last time we had a Star Wars game worth anything, Kotor 2? Fifteen years.

The Old Republic MMO was decent.

Boggles the mind.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow when was this announced?

I just want a story driven action adventure akin to God of War 2018. That is the dream.

Expectation is Force Unleashed 3.

Edit: Oh actually this is Respawn. I have A LOT more faith in this then.

Apr 4, 2018
I’m expecting absolutely nothing. Anyone hoping for something reminiscent of the Jedi Knight series is surely going to be disappointed.

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
On the plus side, Respawn is great and I have tonnes of respect for them as someone who put stupid amounts of time into Titanfall 1/2 and I trust them to make a great game.

On the other end I have little trust for EA's handling of properties and studio's. I will gladly be surprised if the game turns out amazing but I stopped getting excited for EA published games 5 or 6 years ago.

Hopes are a Jedi Knight series successor, mostly linear with no GaaS bullshittery or scale bloat.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
and Respawn has like a perfect track record the past few years so
If you consider them to be the same as the team that did Allied Assault, CoD1-MW2, in addition to doing Titanfall 1 and 2 and Apex Legends as Respawn, their track record is unprecedented.