- Dec 28, 2017
Here's an official description of the game straight from the website.
From Respawn Entertainment comes a brand-new action adventure game which tells an original Star Wars™ story around a surviving Padawan set shortly after the events of Star Wars™: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith™. The game will be releasing Holiday 2019.
- Third-person, action adventure
- Single player
- Being developed in Unreal Engine 4 instead of the modified Source Engine used in Apex and Titanfall
- Stig Asmussen (Director of God of War 3) is leading the team as game director
- Chris Avellone (KotOR2, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas) did some story work, story/character reviews, and wrote cinematic scripts for the game
- Jason de Heras is the Lead Combat Designer (Senior Combat Designer on God of War 3 and Ascension)
- Canon to the Star Wars universe
- Will be like "Force Unleashed without the Mountain Dew qualities"
- Game has a "dark" tone and vibe to it
- Narrative lead is Aaaron Contreras who was the lead narrative designer on Mafia III and narrative designer on Far Cry 3
Honestly, I'm really hoping this game is a spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight games as opposed to playing more like The Force Unleashed which has me worried. Also having the story start off during Order 66 would be really interesting. Respawn really have the potential to tell a compelling original Star Wars story here but I hope they allow us to shape our characters the way we want a la KOTOR. Imagine being able to pick what Lightsaber form you want or which force powers to emphasise etc. For the most part, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to be blown away next Saturday, what about you, Era?