• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Starwars.jpg

Here's an official description of the game straight from the website.
From Respawn Entertainment comes a brand-new action adventure game which tells an original Star Wars™ story around a surviving Padawan set shortly after the events of Star Wars™: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith™. The game will be releasing Holiday 2019.

And here's what we know so far...

Honestly, I'm really hoping this game is a spiritual successor to the Jedi Knight games as opposed to playing more like The Force Unleashed which has me worried. Also having the story start off during Order 66 would be really interesting. Respawn really have the potential to tell a compelling original Star Wars story here but I hope they allow us to shape our characters the way we want a la KOTOR. Imagine being able to pick what Lightsaber form you want or which force powers to emphasise etc. For the most part, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to be blown away next Saturday, what about you, Era?

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
High expectations, I trust Asmussen and his team

I'm sure the game will be impressive

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
That it's an interesting pitch underneath a lot of live-service factors that drags it down from making us truly excited.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars nerds are obsessed with the lightsabers being one hit kills, but I'm down for another character action title with combos and TFU's DBZ force powers.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Very high expectations. Heard this was running on Unreal so that's a plus. I don't even care if it has multiplayer.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean as long as EA has given Respawn a full hands-off leash for this game, then I'm fully confident it will be good

I've liked every single true Infinity Ward / Respawn game -- COD1, COD2, MW1, MW2, TF1, TF2

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Best hope: Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight successor

Worst fear: Star Wars Call of Duty.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2 had one of the best single player campaigns for a shooter this generation. Stig did a pretty good job with God of War III, so I expect a tight, varied campaign with memorable set pieces.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really excited for this. I'm sure they can make lightsaber action feel better than whatever DICE did

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
They have already said that this will be a third person action adventure game. Doubt they would have let Stig Asmussen direct it otherwise.

I'm hoping it crushes and gives the fans what they needed in place of Amy's game.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Just... make a good Star Wars game... without loot boxes, dlc and thousands of ofter ways to rip off players...

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro with light sabers.

Seriously though, I think of Titanfall 2 and God of War 3 and I get hyped beyond belief.

It's gonna be amazing, and I'm not even that into Star Wars.

Jan 11, 2018
Crazy we haven't gotten a game from Stig in nearly 10 years. He did a fantastic job with GoW 3, and again has a great team underneath him. I'm expecting the GOAT Star Wars game.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
That EA will find a way to screw it up. Whether that be through microtransactions or rushing the game out.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
When was the last time we had a Star Wars game worth anything, Kotor 2? Fifteen years.

The Old Republic MMO was decent.

Boggles the mind.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow when was this announced?

I just want a story driven action adventure akin to God of War 2018. That is the dream.

Expectation is Force Unleashed 3.

Edit: Oh actually this is Respawn. I have A LOT more faith in this then.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
The weighty combat of God of 4ar, with magic swapped out for lightsabers and force powers, sounds like a dream come true

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm expecting absolutely nothing. Anyone hoping for something reminiscent of the Jedi Knight series is surely going to be disappointed.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
On the plus side, Respawn is great and I have tonnes of respect for them as someone who put stupid amounts of time into Titanfall 1/2 and I trust them to make a great game.

On the other end I have little trust for EA's handling of properties and studio's. I will gladly be surprised if the game turns out amazing but I stopped getting excited for EA published games 5 or 6 years ago.

Hopes are a Jedi Knight series successor, mostly linear with no GaaS bullshittery or scale bloat.

Last edited: