• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: from july 2017

After a dramatic manhunt that lasted several days and spanned multiple states, Chester County, Pennsylvania, authorities have charged David Andrew Desper, 28, with first-degree murder for the road rage killing of recent high school graduate Bianca Roberson.

Desper, of Trainer, Pennsylvania, turned himself in Sunday morning around 2 a.m., officials said.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...32100983.html?amp=y&__twitter_impression=true

RIP to victim
Condolences to family
Fuck the killer
Vote these 'pro-gun' fucks the hell out

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
wow that's shocking :(

Just the other day I was having an off-day and caused a van to hard break twice. He pulled his window down, paused driving and aggressively yelled at me "bro whats wrong with you today!!?" and then drove off.

Scary to think that if that happened in the USA, I'd be at risk of getting shot.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I remember seeing this. I got so enraged when I saw it. I got more mad when this was skimmed over/ignored by gun rights/gun critics

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I drive exactly the same route on which this happened every day I go to work. The improvised memorial surrounding the mile marker is a bit weathered; I hope they put something more permanent there someday.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
The title is absolutely moronic. There's no need to take a senseless murder of a young woman and make it about a political issue.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah that clickbait title was fucked up.

I wasn't cynical enough when I clicked, and that was my fault. but if i was cynical enough, I wouldn't have clicked.

I simply, wouldn't have clicked...

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He could just as easily have thrown a knife at her in moving vehicles with their windows rolled down... or up... Look, just DONT TAKE MUH GUNZ!

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
A senseless murder that was made possible because of the political issue at hand...
No, because not even most gun control advocates are arguing for the confiscation of all guns, including handguns, which is what would have been necessary to prevent this crime.

I mean, it's really fucked up that precisely 0% of the thread title is devoted to the unfortunate victim and the bright future that was stolen away from her and her family.

The title and OP sets the tone for the thread. This thread's title and OP makes it about snarky comments advocating gun control, not about the actual suspect, or the trial in question, or the young woman that he killed.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Let's be honest, a gun makes this murder far easier to commit and with how easily some people get road rage and act out in aggressive and dangerous ways just with their cars, it makes me think that if this man didn't have a gun in that moment, this lady would still be alive today.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
No, because not even most gun control advocates are arguing for the confiscation of all guns, including handguns, which is what would have been necessary to prevent this crime.

I mean, it's really fucked up that precisely 0% of the thread title is devoted to the unfortunate victim and the bright future that was stolen away from her and her family.

The title and OP sets the tone for the thread. This thread's title and OP makes it about snarky comments advocating gun control, not about the actual suspect, or the trial in question, or the young woman that he killed.

This seems really disingenuous. Gun control doesn't just mean confiscation and prohibition of guns, it can mean when and where you're able to carry and use them. There's nothing snarky about wanting to limit people's access to guns as to prevent pointless deaths like this.

You are totally playing the "dont politicize the situation with the guns" card here, and its obvious.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Nah the title is fine

If it upsets you that its making light of a murder, well

I cant blame OP for a lack of empathy in a title, its hard not to be desensitized when gun violence is a daily, hell hourly, occurence in your country.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
OP needs to be either banned for a week for using that title format or at least a stern warning from the mod.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Locking this thread - this news is from 6+ months ago, and on a personal note, has been local news for me for that same amount of time.

If you'd like to make a new thread when the trial commences, feel free to.

Status
Not open for further replies.