• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

View: https://youtu.be/7iwiCTd_KIE

Disclaimer: this is cut content from the game, who knows whether that is still the plan, but the dialogue heavily implies Kratos will head to Egypt in the future games in the series. With that said Cory is likely to be making a separate, new IP so the next God of War game is going to take a long time.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
they better bring back the fantasy stuff in full force if their going to egypt. the reboot games are very lacking

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Cool, but I remember goons talking about going to Metropolis in Batman Arkham Knight and look what happened lol.

This SMS though, I'm sure we'll be pleased.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the core gameplay design changes. I was really fed up with Ragnarok. The narrative wasn't very good and the amount of slow walking, constant interruption to gameplay, and the amount of cutscenes (that were mostly boring) drove me nuts. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed 2018 a lot (I don't think this issue was as bad in 2018).

Hopefully the next game goes back closer to its roots and plays more like a game than an interactive story. Would love to see Kratos in Egypt.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
they better bring back the fantasy stuff in full force if their going to egypt. the reboot games are very lacking

Lacking fantasy? The 2 games with gods, flying horses, ghosts, giants, trolls, dwarfs, the Lady in the Lake, magical weapons, giants, undead and a turtle who is also a house?

Jul 2, 2021
Yeah that would be great. I would prefer celtic or maya gods but egypt is fine too.

God of War continues with Kratos.
Cory works on a new IP with Loki as the main character.

I'm fine with this solution.

Marus

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2022
Hopefully the core gameplay design changes. I was really fed up with Ragnarok. The narrative wasn't very good and the amount of slow walking, constant interruption to gameplay, and the amount of cutscenes (that were mostly boring) drove me nuts. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed 2018 a lot (I don't think this issue was as bad in 2018).

Hopefully the next game goes back closer to its roots and plays more like a game than an interactive story. Would love to see Kratos in Egypt.

I doubt gameplay changes much. 2018 and Ragnarok were very well received

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Those voices sound fake as fuck, especially Tyr's.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
OH shit, he even refers to the mask...maybe it's more than just a McGuffin for this one game?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Lacking fantasy? The 2 games with gods, flying horses, ghosts, giants, trolls, dwarfs, the Lady in the Lake, magical weapons, giants, undead and a turtle who is also a house?

theres different tiers of fantasy yes. low, high whatever fantasy. it all feels a bit dull compared to the classic god of war games

Rbrogue

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
that audio sounds AI-generated and why's it playing only out of the left side of my headphones?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
So where did this"cut content" come from? I'm very suspicious of this, especially because of the rise of voice AI content. It sounds kinda off to me.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I thought it was a hint that they're next game would be a Superman game. -.-

Or Justice League, or anything given how Batman is part of a shared universe with other heroes. Egypt specifically though was teased even in God of War 2018 with items Kratos and Atreus. If this is real, I would say them doing this twice is too big of a sign that they are going there next.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
why is Tyr sitting there spoiling the next game, without even a cut scene, actually without even looking at you?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
why is Tyr sitting there spoiling the next game, without even a cut scene, actually without even looking at you?

Well, in the post-game..

The REAL Tyr can be found in different areas of the game giving ominous comments about the state of things. You can find him at this location, but he says something else entirely.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Fuck yeh if true! I've wanted Egypt for more than a decade!

Can't wait for kratos to send anubis straight back to hell!

tumblr_p0h6meY9uo1uphxvgo3_500.gifv

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
Not only are the voices off, the dialogue is also shit. Very stiff and without any personality. Also the whole line about Destiny makes 0 sense given the themes of Ragnarok & that this would be post-game content.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Not only are the voices off, the dialogue is also shit. Very stiff and without any personality. Also the whole line about Destiny makes 0 sense given the themes of Ragnarok & that this would be post-game content.

Yeah this too. Like... We know "Fate" doesn't actually exist in this universe. It's just predicting the actions of predictable people, but those people can make different choices if they change as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.