• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
As the title says, what's the single stupidest reason a customer has found to try and put you down while you were working? Because I think I just had mine earlier tonight...

I do some part time work at a pharmacy where I help people make sense of our photo printing system. We had a woman come in tonight trying to use the scanner to make copies of some old picture she had. She couldn't figure it out, so I ended up just doing the whole thing for her. But one of the first pictures I put it scanned upside down. She made a point of it to say I did it wrong, but I tried to explain to her that it comes out right when it prints... cut to me handing her the photos after they printed and her screaming at me that it printed out upside down and that she's not paying for it. I tried to explain to her as calmly as I could that she was holding the picture upside down and at which point she stopped talking for about thirty seconds, then started yelling "Are you calling me stupid?" over and over, loud enough for the entire store to hear. I ended up walking away and letting a manager finish the transaction because I was either going to start laughing or start yelling back and I genuinely wasn't sure which it would be.

I'm still reeling from the shear idiocy of it, so if you could just make this interaction seem a little less bizarre by regaling me with your own dumbest customer stories, I'd appreciate it...

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a customer threaten to have La Cosa Nostra kill me because I asked him to leave when he was drunk and tried to buy more stuff than he could afford and wouldn't put anything back. His taxi showed up while I was yelling at the guy and the look on the driver's face was one of such despair.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I was working at a deli in high school and got yelled at by a customer for not putting enough mayo in a sandwich that already had at least 2 tablespoons of mayo.

I wanted to gag

edit: didn't see retail, but still lol.

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
A lady yelled got mad that I couldn't sell a recalled item to her.

Maybe you should wonder that there's something wrong with it?

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I worked at Home Depot. We were allowed to wear polo shirts and jeans we just had to wear the orange apron, I can't tell you how many times I got asked if I worked there while wearing the orange apron.

Last edited:

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
The other day I had a customer come through my lane with an open kitchen kart box and demanded I mark the price down to $10 because it was missing the metal frame, aka half the fucking thing. We arent even supposed to sell furniture that's missing crucial shit like that.

So I called over a manager. Ended up being one from a different department. Lady then threatened to walk out with the product without paying for it because she would pay for it at Home Depot instead.

Aka she threatened to fucking steal it man, and the manager had me roll with it. WTF!? Then the lady kept saying "GOOD THING HOME DEPOT IS NEXT DOOR" over and over as i finished the transaction lololol

...there are even dumber exampled but i gotta go back to work QQ

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
The girl I'm seeing told me that, while working the other night as a cashier, she got accused of being too nosy by a lady. She doesn't know why. So, today, before she went into work I told her to make sure not to be so nosy this time.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Oh yeah, that one ends up happening every time there's a recall. I'm always tempted to just sell it to them just for the hell of it at that point.
That's the thing, if an item is recalled at my place, the system straight up does not allow you to sell it. I explained it to that woman for like 5 minutes but she still wouldn't hear it.

I fucking love retail sometimes

Oct 25, 2017
At Lowe's the safety policy for power equipment is to block the aisle it is being used on and the opposite aisle on the side being worked on in case something gets knocked over.

Guy jumps the barricade and begins just browsing right on the other side of heavy power equipment being used,
ask him to step outside for just a moment so we could lower the equipment then he could continue shopping.
Get full on cussed out and told im "treating him like a goddamn child",
"Not even working on this aisle, so you can't block it"
"If I get hurt its my fault, I won't sue yall"
Told him its the policy, i'd be fired if I don't follow it, "fuck you!", and throws the barricade on his way out.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A man yelling at me "You don't have it? But this is a computer store"! Next to his family, because we didn't have a USB that hacks and retrieves a password from his laptop because he "forgot" the password to log in.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Got yelled at by a guy who was drunk for not giving him 50% off the price of a sandwhich, just because

Oct 28, 2017
A lady wanted to return an opened game that was purchased over 60 days ago. I said she can't repeatedly and she started getting angry. She started swearing a ton too. Then she eventually yelled "you see all these kids in this store and you have me cursing like this?!" She did not like when I pointed it out to her that she is the one cursing under her own will.

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
When I used to work in a grocery store people would bring in bad produce or meat they bought weeks ago and yell at me like I had influenced them going bad.

I'd just throw it in the trash and say go get new ones I really don't care. Then they'd sometimes get more mad because they were wanting a fight and I wasn't giving it to them

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I'll just go with the top one from this year.
less, the dumbest thing a customer has yelled at me for, and more of the dumbest thing a customer has yelled.

So I work at a charity like goodwill, and out on the donation area a guy showed up with a trailer full of absolute crap. Talking dressers with the back falling off, a desk missing a leg ect. I talked with him and took a few of the items that I could barely accept but when I continued to explain we can't take the other stuff he quickly got madder and madder eventually I got my manager involved and when my manager said the same things we went absolutely apeshit, getting in his trailer and throwing the desk out breaking it.

We calmly told him that his behavior was unacceptable and that just angered him more and he started screaming about how he wasn't going to leave unless we paid him to leave, because if we didn't take it he would have to take it to the dump and we should pay for it and while we were at it we should pay for his gas as well.

His language was a lot more colorful than that with F bombs everywhere, to which my manager and I were barely holding back our laughter, as after years in retail these scenes don't make you want to do anything but laugh at their stupidity. (you can't really survive retail if you take them to heart)

we held it in and continued to explain to him we can't do that, and we are a charity that if we take his stuff we would have to pay to get rid of it which would mean less money for people in need.

he of course responded "I'm a fucking person in need." to which I just said "We still can't take your stuff, but if you are truly in need we have a number of programs that you could apply for to assist you with that. I'm sure my manager could help you with that."

for some reason that was the thing that finally got him to give up. He actually picked up most of the broken desk and tossed it back in the trailer before stomping to his truck, slamming the door, and driving off.

my boss and I of course spent the next 20 minutes telling our coworkers about it while having a good laugh.

Last edited:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
A lady wanted to return an opened game that was purchased over 60 days ago. I said she can't repeatedly and she started getting angry. She started swearing a ton too. Then she eventually yelled "you see all these kids in this store and you have me cursing like this?!" She did not like when I pointed it out to her that she is the one cursing under her own will.

Could have been my mom.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was working at a record store when the Beatles Anthology 1 set was released in 1995. If you purchased it, it came with a book that was packaged separately. It was a week or so before Christmas and the store was packed with a long line. A gentleman approached the register with a stack of CDs, none of which were the Beatles, and asked to purchase the Beatles book. I politely explained that the book was not a SKU that could be rung up without purchase of the CD. He began demanding I ring it up or give it to him for free. I calmly explained to him again that it was impossible to ring up and he'd have to purchase the CD to receive it. He then began throwing the CDs at me and stormed out of the store. It was at that exact moment I knew I had to leave retail forever.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You always remember the bad ones...

I remember woriking at EB Games years back, and a mother was picking out between 2 PS3 games for her son. My co-worker helped her out and was ready to check out. I said something like "oh you picked out that one?" just making small talk (since she originally came to me earlier). She was fine, made the transaction and left. Not less than a moment later, she turned around and came back and asked for a manager. She pointed out how rude I was in speaking to her. My co-worker and I looked at each other like "wtf?". Apparently I gave her a tone (I didn't) when I said "you want that one?" Something about it made her sound stupid or something for her decision, so I was being all rude about it and she decided after the transaction and leaving that she didn't like it. Was all passive aggressive and carried one of those dumb condescending smiles while doing it. She said her piece and left. Co-worker snd I were confused.

I've seen a lot of this kind of customer that are friendly, until something weird gets in their head and they have to tell you how terrible you are. Must make them feel so much better about themselves :/

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not allowing them to buy alcohol without checking everyone's IDs. It was policy to check the IDs of everyone in the group (unless they were clearly pretty old) if they were buying alcohol. Dude got pissed because I wouldn't let him buy it since his friends didn't have their IDs and he asked for my name to go report me to customer service as though the stupid rule was my idea.

Another time one of my managers asked me to help her with a spill, and a customer walked up to ask me where some frozen food was. I pointed out where to go and she got annoyed that I couldn't go with her (it was on the other side of the aisle were were currently on) but I wasn't allowed to leave a spill unattended and my manager was watching the whole thing. Lady comes back and sarcastically says she's gonna tell my manager what a great job I did helping her (manager is standing next to me the whole time) and I muster up my most cheerful voice and smile and say "You're welcome!" Then she grumbled "I was being sarcastic" and I just kept smiling as she walked away.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I spent years working in a video rental store part time, so I'd be hard pressed to think of THE dumbest.

Most of it revolves around late fees for un-returned movies/games though. One that comes to mind (though possibly not the dumbest):

Me: Okay, you have some late fees for the movies you just returned.
Cust: How much?
Me: $20.
Cust; WHAT?? You guys should have called me and told me I had late movies!!
Me: Actually we call every customer personally, each day they have movies out late.
Cust: Well you never called me!
Me: <pulls up customer account> Is this your phone number? This is the number we called.
Cust: It was; it changed.
Me: Okay well give me your new number, so this won't happen again.
Cust: Well you should have had the new one.
Me: Oh...did you give it to someone here? If you did, when was that?
Cust: No I didn't, but...you still should have had it!!
Me: Well, we don't regularly call up customers asking for updates.

Oiy.

Everyone should be forced to work retail for a year...would teach patience.

Last edited:

KaladinSB

Oct 27, 2017
I went to go get something for a customer and I guess he got impatient. He told my manager I wouldn't help him because he was gay.

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
I worked at a beauty supply store. We had a large lipstick display.

One night I was working alone and a woman was removing the plastic that keeps the lipstick sealed so she could try them on.

None of these were for sample.

After I realized what she was doing, I told her she needed to stop; she was ruining each lipstick she wasn't going to buy. Yelled at me about how everyone does it.

Fucking disgusting. I had to toss 20 lipsticks she'd rubbed over her nasty lips and put back on the rack.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
As the title says, what's the single stupidest reason a customer has found to try and put you down while you were working? Because I think I just had mine earlier tonight...

I do some part time work at a pharmacy where I help people make sense of our photo printing system. We had a woman come in tonight trying to use the scanner to make copies of some old picture she had. She couldn't figure it out, so I ended up just doing the whole thing for her. But one of the first pictures I put it scanned upside down. She made a point of it to say I did it wrong, but I tried to explain to her that it comes out right when it prints... cut to me handing her the photos after they printed and her screaming at me that it printed out upside down and that she's not paying for it. I tried to explain to her as calmly as I could that she was holding the picture upside down and at which point she stopped talking for about thirty seconds, then started yelling "Are you calling me stupid?" over and over, loud enough for the entire store to hear. I ended up walking away and letting a manager finish the transaction because I was either going to start laughing or start yelling back and I genuinely wasn't sure which it would be.

I'm still reeling from the shear idiocy of it, so if you could just make this interaction seem a little less bizarre by regaling me with your own dumbest customer stories, I'd appreciate it...
Uh . Wow. That is something . I guess you can in some way feel sorry for someone going through life just that unintelligent

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
One time a customer couldn't activate his phone card, so I called the company and activated it for him. He still wanted to refund it. Selling prepaid cards is the worst.

Some customers bicker if we don't get to a certain item that has been price changed. It's usually within 20 cents either over or under the signed price but regardless if it's not accurate there will always be that one customer who proclaims "it's against the law to sell items that have the wrong price", which is annoying.

EDIT: Oh shit completely forgot about this one time I was ringing a customer up and she needed to present her ID for something, after I was done I gently placed it on the counter in the space between her and myself, just in case I needed it again. Ringing up her other items,and I just hear her bickering, and there I was with a smile on my face and everything and I assumed it was just a previous encounter with someone earlier in the day. What I didn't realize is that she was bickering at me and calling me rude for putting her ID on the counter and not directly back into her hands.

Last edited:

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Ex Coffee shop Barista.

On Christmas Eve as we were closing (4.30pm) a customer who was sat with a large group (who had been there most of the afternoon) came back for a second or third purchase. We politely informed him that the restaurants had closed and we were packing up.

There was also signage informing customers of the closing time and most understood that it was indeed Christmas Eve and that closing at this time was reasonable considering. Normally we stayed open until 8pm.

He stared at me with disbelief then started begging after one more drink. I informed him that we had shut down the machines and couldn't. He got very pissy and demanded the reason for the early close.

I looked around the seating area, at the customers milling about, the decorations and told him it was Christmas Eve and we usual close early so we can spend the holiday with our families.

He snorted and demanded the drink. I said sorry but we were closed. He turned and walked off to his party and loudly grumbled, "I can't believe this, Merry Christmas to you, you bunch of miserable c**ts!"

I was taken by his miraculous ability to not see the irony of that parting remark.

He informed the group, (clearly his family and friends using the coffee shop as a meet up for the festivities) and then in an astonishing act of protest remained seated with them for the next hour as we cleaned the coffee shop around them.

The malice he must have felt to be so obtuse and petty. The place was empty apart from the staff and his party. The garden centre that our coffee shop was in had all it's shop lighting off and the front doors closed by the time that his party left.

In the end they robbed us of about half an hour of our free time. Which wasn't too bad but considering the day and the reason was pretty shitty.

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't take some woman's late fees. She was a repeat offender and had a warning on her account not to give any store credit to. She didn't like that.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Asked them to start leaving the museum 4 minutes before we lock our front door, about 3 minutes away from said front door.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Grown ass adults get awfully offended when you tell them to stop riding toddler's bikes.

They will also burst a blood vessel when you tell them that non-service animals aren't allowed in the store.

This college kid threatened to call his lawyer mom on me and a co-worker once, and called the co-worker (who left for deployment in the Army the next day) a little bitch, because we told him he'd be asked to leave the store if he kept riding the skateboards.

Another kicked a Ripstick down an aisle and tried to shame me for working at Walmart when I told him to stop ridng it. He saw me mention the incident to a manager and yelled some high-school-level "Oh gotta go tell teacher huh?!" shit at us.

One Black Friday, these two ladies spent like fifteen minutes shit-talking me and a co-worker in front of us because we told them they had to stop leaning on the pallet of PS3 games they were there for. When the sale started they ended up putting each other in head locks and one left crying.

The strangest one was this time me and the co-worker from the Black Friday story were stocking the spice rack. It was super busy but our manager made us stock it, so we were putting out spices and grabbing whatever customers were asking for as fast as we could when this college kid came up to us out of nowhere and immediately asked to speak to our manager, because we were in his way and he didn't like it. We asked him what he was looking for and gave it to him in the same breath, and proceeded to follow through with finding a manager, but he suddenly was just fine and ran away without a word. Weird one, that.

None of this is as bad when customers try to set you up to do embarassing shit to film and put online.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly retail but close enough: used to be renting cars in a resort with its own private airport. My counter was the closest to the arrival gate.
I've lost count of how many idiots would come to me to complain if it was cloudy that day. How can one be that DENSE.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I pulled a box from the back room for a customer

but it was in the box that they ship the item in, the retail box was inside.
So to open the brown box i asked the lady if she had a key i could use to cut the tape

She went into a rage, called me unprofessional, asked me for my name so i handed her my tag and i was told by the manager of that day that he got yelled at by her for 40 mins straight lmao

she was not having it.

Another time i was looking for something between registers, and at the same time this lady was looking at the shelves on the registers.
So she tells me "MOVE" mad rudely, i suck my teeth and tell her to relax and then keep it pushing

I hear her gasp super offended and her husband comes up to me asking me what i said.
I said for her to relax, apparently she heard me call her a fucking bitch or something lol
Dude was making a scene saying he'd fuck me up, didn't wouldnt care if he even did tho, family of pigs and i would've pressed charges so he'd get locked up.

edit: i got so many of these stories tho.
sometimes i'd do the most minor things and customers would flip shit.

people r awful tbh

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I think everyone who's worked at a phone store has had to explain to very angry people that we do not have their forgotten passwords and cannot reset them. We're not Google or Apple.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Not the stupidest (I would have to think about that), but today someone yelled at me and another employee for saying we would honor the discount sticker incorrectly placed on the product. We said we would honor it without hesitation, but because the computer said it was wrong, she got pissy and said mistakes like that are why she hates shopping there.
It seemed to anger her more when we acknowledged it was our mistake missing that singular price sticker and would honor the lower price.

I think everyone who's worked at a phone store has had to explain to very angry people that we do not have their forgotten passwords and cannot reset them.
It isn't just phone stores. Do any minor tech help, and people will get pissed. They seem doubly pissed when you point out that the password to their account was a password that they themselves chose and we have no control over.

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Someond came up to me with an coupon that reduced the price of a combo down to ,$6 and they came screaming about why I charged them. They thought that A COUPON WITH "GET A COMBO FOR $6" WOULD MAKE IT FREE. I'm never doing fast good or retail again headaches like them are multiple times a day

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I was a customer in a store, went to the "male" section and choose a pullover. I was holding it in my arms when an old lady asked me if we had item x in her size.

Mind you, I never worked in retail but apparently for her me holding a male pullover in my hands was enough to assume I do?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
When I was working at GameStop like three incarnations ago, I was helping a disabled customer with a transaction. The guy was convinced his GBA didn't work and wanted to trade it in. I fixed it for him, but he still decided he wanted to trade it in. I ran the transaction, and small line started to form behind him. As I was finishing ringing him up, this woman storms up to the front of the line, goes "I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH DISRESPECTFUL SERVICE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE" and slams down some Wii shovelware case on the counter, then blazes out of the store.

About five seconds later, the customer who was right behind the disabled customer came up to the counter and smiled at me and just went "That bitch doesn't know what she's talking about. We all saw how sweet you were being."

It was a moment that went from awkward to uncomfortable to heartwarming in about two minutes.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I once had a customer meltdown in the middle of the store and demand to speak to my manager because the Christmas ornament was ringing up without the 10% discount that was advertised on the side of the bargain bin from which she fished the damned thing. Problem was, it was a clearance item and ineligible for further discounts. Someone, likely another customer, placed it there. The best part of this whole tantrum she threw? The ugly thing was TEN DAMNED CENTS. She threw a huge fit over a penny.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
A lady brought up a two pack of paint trays, but it looked like there was only one. So I was looking to make sure they were both there.

She started yelling that it's a two pack right away, and I told her there's only one here and she shut up pretty quickly. Went back to get a different one.

I think this was on the same day. An old lady brought up a cell phone. It rang up for $50, she says it's supposed to be $40. So I looked back to check and there wasn't even a single phone in that section that was $40.
I told her that I wasn't sure where she got this phone because there wasn't a $40 phone there.

She started yelling that she's never shopping there again and that she hates this place.

Bonus:

Lady practically screamed at me "HEY!" from like 40 feet away to tell me that I needed to help her take her cart out.
She was standing at the service desk so there were like 8 other associates closer than me.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"Gimme a pack of Newport shorts."

"Alright. May I see ID please?"

And that's how the fight started.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I used to deliver pizza during college. This one lady was staying at a really nice hotel downtown, when I got to her door I could instantly tell she was SUPER drunk. Definitely the most not-sober person I ever encoutered working there. But whatever, she's probably on vacation, who cares. Transaction goes like normal, she tipped pretty well, I head to my car and back to the store. I walk back in and my manager is on the phone with her, she called screaming and yelling saying that we delivered her a pizza with toppings that had gone bad because it "smells and tastes like beer." I had to deliver her another pizza free of charge, and she made me take the old one back. It looked and smelled totally normal, and exactly the same as the 2nd pizza I brought her.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
edit: i got so many of these stories tho.
sometimes i'd do the most minor things and customers would flip shit.
Just reminded me that one time a lady sought me out to cuss at me when I was like a week into starting anti-anxiety meds. I wasn't entirely in the right but it seemed like such a minor thing, I assumed a good minute of silence after answering her questions meant our conversation had ended and I walked away to continue doing my job. Was the only argument with a customer in 10 years. Feel bad for her husband, he wanted her to stfu and was even willing to listen to what I had to say but she dragged him away refusing to let me have a word so she could appear to have the high ground when she spoke to my manager.

Of course it was over something she thought was on clearance. Clearance items turn people into monsters.

I once had a customer meltdown in the middle of the store and demand to speak to my manager because the Christmas ornament was ringing up without the 10% discount that was advertised on the side of the bargain bin from which she fished the damned thing. Problem was, it was a clearance item and ineligible for further discounts. Someone, likely another customer, placed it there. The best part of this whole tantrum she threw? The ugly thing was TEN DAMNED CENTS. She threw a huge fit over a penny
CLEARANCE ITEMS TURN PEOPLE INTO MONSTERS

I was a customer in a store, went to the "male" section and choose a pullover. I was holding it in my arms when an old lady asked me if we had item x in her size.

Mind you, I never worked in retail but apparently for her me holding a male pullover in my hands was enough to assume I do?
I get people asking me for help in any store I go in, I'm assuming because I don't have the demeanor of a lost puppy when I shop.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I once had a customer meltdown in the middle of the store and demand to speak to my manager because the Christmas ornament was ringing up without the 10% discount that was advertised on the side of the bargain bin from which she fished the damned thing. Problem was, it was a clearance item and ineligible for further discounts. Someone, likely another customer, placed it there. The best part of this whole tantrum she threw? The ugly thing was TEN DAMNED CENTS. She threw a huge fit over a penny.

This reminds me. Some lady was asked if she wanted to donate her 3 cent change to the children's hospital. She started screaming at the cashier that she wanted her change.

Those pennies are important to some...

"Gimme a pack of Newport shorts."

"Alright. May I see ID please?"

And that's how the fight started.

It's kind of weird how people act about ID's.

I asked someone for an ID, and hes like "why? What do look like, some effin kid?"
Looked at his ID and he was either 19 or 20.

"Uh yeah".

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Just reminded me that one time a lady sought me out to cuss at me when I was like a week into starting anti-anxiety meds. I wasn't entirely in the right but it seemed like such a minor thing, I assumed a good minute of silence after answering her questions meant our conversation had ended and I walked away to continue doing my job. Was the only argument with a customer in 10 years. Feel bad for her husband, he wanted her to stfu and was even willing to listen to what I had to say but she draggrd him away refusing to let me have a word so she could appear to have the high ground when she spoke to my mamager.

Of course it was over something she thought was on clearance. Clearance items turn people into monsters.

CLEARANCE ITEMS TURN PEOPLE INTO MONSTERS

I get people asking me for help in any store I go in, I'm assuming because I don't have the demeanor of a lost puppy when I shop.
speaking of anti anxiety
man i would get damn near panic attacks in some of these scenarios.
i'm awful at confrontation, so when people would try to scam me thru change raising or something or that guy wanting to fuck me up my nerves would go through the roof.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Worked in a telecommunication company.

1 customer went wild. He recorded our faces and post it on facebook to shame us. Saying that the workers would not allow him to disconnect his line even though he doesn't have the correct requirements.

Another customer blamed me that I was the one texting him constantly to remind him that his bill is due lmao.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Lady practically screamed at me "HEY!" from like 40 feet away to tell me that I needed to help her take her cart out.
She was standing at the service desk so there were like 8 other associates closer than me.
lmao had a lady in my store once who needed help but didn't want to walk around to find any so she just started screaming "HEEEEELP!!" as if she were being mugged or had gotten hurt until someone came by to see what was going on

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was working at Best Buy in video games during the release of Vice City. This lady wanted to pick up a copy for her 12 year old son, and I advised her that it's a very adult game while explaining what that "M" on the front of the box meant. She said something about it just being a bunch of pixels and bought it anyway.

The next day she comes in screaming at one of our customer service reps about how awful the content was, that she wasn't told about it beforehand, and she wanted her money back. I got called up to talk to her. Back then, you could not return open video games or PC software unless it was damaged and we'd give them another copy. Long story short, she got the police called on her.