• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This fucking rules:

Genesis-Pink-OG_1512x.png

Goes on sale in 12 hours.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hmm LimitedRunGames?

Hopefully supplies aren't super limited cause I really want to support this!

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just because I didn't embed it - There is a Sega Saturn one, too:

Saturn-Pink-OG_1512x.png

And these come in both actual console variant and USB variant.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn, I want these but I'm guessing I won't be able to get one if I wait till payday comes around.

Actually, the site says they're taking preorders until the 31st so maybe?

edit: well shit

Only 2,000 of each of these controllers will ever be made - after they sell out, no more will be produced! These are officially licensed SEGA® products that deserve to be a part of any Sega Genesis collection - don't miss your chance to own one!
There is no purchase limit on this product, you may buy as many as you like.
Oh, lovely...

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Are their controllers solid quality wise? Might pick up the Saturn one

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they were doing the wireless ones for these. Still super awesome though.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling over a Series of Posts
Would buy one if it was a controller actually shaped like boobs. Making something pink because it relates to girls is cringey.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
...it's not pink for girls, it's pink because pink is the widely recognized international symbol for breast cancer. And breast cancer doesn't only affect women.

Requesting a controller meant to raise money for breast cancer be "shaped like boobs" is way, way more cringey.

Ayup I thought the pink ribbon was well known worldwide, I guess I was wrong seeing the poster's comment.

Thanks for the info, I ll try to get a Saturn one.
Good cause and good looks, what s not to like.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
What an unexpected partnership but very cool!

Might get one if they get released here

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
Maybe I'm blind, but did it say when they're shipping anywhere? I just ordered one for my mom, since even though she doesn't game, she's a survivor herself, and her husband breaks out his Genesis when he has time still.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Order confirmed for Saturn and genesis. Good :)

My mom, who was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks ago, is pretty computer illiterate. I mean to a pretty extreme degree, can't use a mouse sort of way. I remember when I was little we got audited by the IRS and they asked her to turn on our IBM DOS PC which my dad used for business, and she didn't know how to turn it on.

Anywho, that plays into her ability to play video games. Naturally, she isn't really able to do many interactive things. She can do a couple of VR things well, but for the most part, the most technically advanced thing she interacts with is a television.

BUT, the exception was our Sega Master System back in the 80's. The only video game system my mom ever played, she was an expert at Gangster Town:

maxresdefault.jpg

My mom was the only person in the family who could beat the game for a long while. Not only could she beat Gangster Town, she could play with two guns in each hand, and was good enough of a shot to aim independently with each gun. She was ruthless, she'd go for all the extra points, shooting every bonus angel. She could even ace the extra bonus levels between rounds.

Feels appropriate to pick up a breast cancer awareness sega controller.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My mom, who was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks ago, is pretty computer illiterate. I mean to a pretty extreme degree, can't use a mouse sort of way. I remember when I was little we got audited by the IRS and they asked her to turn on our IBM DOS PC which my dad used for business, and she didn't know how to turn it on.

Anywho, that plays into her ability to play video games. Naturally, she isn't really able to do many interactive things. She can do a couple of VR things well, but for the most part, the most technically advanced thing she interacts with is a television.

BUT, the exception was our Sega Master System back in the 80's. The only video game system my mom ever played, she was an expert at Gangster Town:

maxresdefault.jpg

My mom was the only person in the family who could beat the game for a long while. Not only could she beat Gangster Town, she could play with two guns in each hand, and was good enough of a shot to aim independently with each gun. She was ruthless, she'd go for all the extra points, shooting every bonus angel. She could even ace the extra bonus levels between rounds.

Feels appropriate to pick up a breast cancer awareness sega controller.
That's cool. I hope your mom recovers quickly.

My grandma (who had and beat breast cancer) was also a Gangster Town fan back in the day (she rented it). Almost no one her generation even played video games back then.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
FOR CLARITY:

This has nothing to do with the Komen association does it?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Got the saturn usb pad. Been waiting over a decade to get a USB saturn pad. For $25 it's a steal.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I just bought a Saturn USB pad.
The picture on this tweet shows the real physical controllers:

It has the Sega Logo on top of the Game Pink logo. The one shown earlier didn't have it.
Also, the color seems brighter than the other pictures.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Grabbed a Saturn USB one. I already have one of their USB Genesis pads, but I'd been looking to get a Saturn one too so I may as well get a unique one like this!

I love that they're making the versions compatible with the original hardware too, even though I have plenty of each myself.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I cross fingers for cool-gunslinger mom, Krejlooc, she would have been a true heroin in our kids' group :) dual light gun wielding mom, cannot get any cooler than that.
I ll pray for the family's luck.

(For the question about confirmation:mine was immediate with PayPal payment)

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
Really wanted to get one, but I can't justify spending $35 (including $15 for shipping) on a controller I'd barely use. Wish shipping to Europe was cheaper.

shallone

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Advice to retrobit. Dont try to cater for too many consoles. Make sure all functionality works on primary system. Dont mess with a b c or start as combos. These are reserved for allot of functions.