• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Really wanted to get one, but I can't justify spending $35 (including $15 for shipping) on a controller I'd barely use. Wish shipping to Europe was cheaper.
Don't forget the exchange rate... 2 controllers plus shipping is 55 euros ... it's not like in games digital store fronts where 1 dollar=1 euro ;)

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
i never owned a Saturn, but so many people have raved about the D-pad, I figured 20 bucks is worth trying a USB version out for myself.

galvatron

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Bought 1 USB Saturn pad and 1 genesis pad. Seemed like decent deal for a brand new genesis pad and the usb works on most of the other platforms that I play.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
Don't forget the exchange rate... 2 controllers plus shipping is 55 euros ... it's not like in games digital store fronts where 1 dollar=1 euro ;)

Shouldn't it be cheaper than that? At today's rate, $55 ($20 per controller plus $15 for shipping) comes to a little under €50.

Still, my point is that the shipping costing almost as much as the controller itself was unexpected and put me off buying something that I already knew I wouldn't be giving much use in the first place, even if it was for a good cause.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I ordered the Saturn USB one. I actually got up early in the morning to place the order, just in case they sold out.

Such a legendary controller, I hope Retro-Bit do it justice.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Shouldn't it be cheaper than that? At today's rate, $55 ($20 per controller plus $15 for shipping) comes to a little under €50.

Still, my point is that the shipping costing almost as much as the controller itself was unexpected and put me off buying something that I already knew I wouldn't be giving much use in the first place, even if it was for a good cause.
It came at $21 (well 21.99... i often trunc the cents ;) ) shipping for 2 controllers for me ;) 2 are heavier than 1 (or it may be because of my location... or VAT... i don't know)
padsshippinge2k50.jpg

Last edited:

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
Picked up a Saturn pad since I'm tired of messing with my adapter, if the controller is as good as the real one this will be a huge win. The pink looks amazing on the Saturn variant too with all of the color imo. I was one of those kids that had a pink GBA and liked it for the way it looked though haha

Not as into the Genesis pad so I'm going to skip that one, my Genesis mini three buttons will do me ok there

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Can these be used to play regular PC games, or only actual Genesis and Sega Saturn consoles?

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So I ordered one of these a few days ago and I can't wait to get it.

Since then, I've stumbled across this video and I'm not sure if I want to mimic what he's done here.

I think it's super neat to be able to turn this pink controller into a wireless controller, but while I love my M30 wireless controllers I also love just being able to plug in my clear blue retro-bit controller into my SG and play without having to check and see if the battery's "good" or not. Also, I'm concerned about that port being snug as he mentioned later on in the video, not to mention the reported extra lag that comes with the bluetooh versions of the wireless M30 pads (I'm just guessing it's the same with the kits, too even if I'm unsure if I'd really notice it).

SbnaS

Sep 3, 2018
I ordered a Saturn one along with blazing chrome for switch. I have a Saturn pad from retro bit when they first came out and I'm happy with the quality of it.

Oct 28, 2017
Just ordered one. Love the clear pink.
Kinda wish it had the SEGA logo and not the ribbon, but c'est la vie. Will go well with my blue one.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Just ordered one. Love the clear pink.
Kinda wish it had the SEGA logo and not the ribbon, but c'est la vie. Will go well with my blue one.
It has both. The pictures in the OP aren't from the real controllers. Quoting myself from the first page:
I just bought a Saturn USB pad.
The picture on this tweet shows the real physical controllers:

It has the Sega Logo on top of the Game Pink logo. The one shown earlier didn't have it.
Also, the color seems brighter than the other pictures.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, wish I hadn't missed this. Would have loved the Saturn USB.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Site has them as all sold out. When will ship?
I'm curious if they did sell out. Seemed to be some in stock at, or at least near the end sale date.
Also yeah, I'll check my order status page every now and then just to see it say "we'll email you/text you when we ship!" and leave going "awww..." lol.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So uh... sorry for the necro, but has anyone's shipped out? I thought these were supposed to get sent out in November?

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No updates on why they were delayed as far as I can tell. The site shows three of them having an estimated ship date of "early December" but not the Saturn USB controller.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
Retro-Bit tweeted about the delay on Dec 18th.

"Thanks to your collective efforts together we raised nearly $10,000 to donate to NBCF. We apologize for the delay. Due to high volume production factories face this time of year, we had to push back the delivery to Mid-January. We appreciate your patience & understanding."

(The controllers look a lot more clear than I expected.)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Retro-Bit tweeted about the delay on Dec 18th.

"Thanks to your collective efforts together we raised nearly $10,000 to donate to NBCF. We apologize for the delay. Due to high volume production factories face this time of year, we had to push back the delivery to Mid-January. We appreciate your patience & understanding."

(The controllers look a lot more clear than I expected.)

Damn. I actually went and checked Limited Run's site earlier today to see if there was an update, but one wasn't listed there.

Limited Run's twitter was just a lot of gif-only responses to people that won't stop asking for Scott Pilgrim too.

I liked the way they looked more in the original pictures, but I'm still excited about getting one of those if they look like that too.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Production Status: In-Hand

This item will only ship when ALL ITEMS in your order are ready to ship. Please check the production status of other items in your order if it has not shipped yet.

Oh dang, they're finally shipping!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Production Status: In-Hand

This item will only ship when ALL ITEMS in your order are ready to ship. Please check the production status of other items in your order if it has not shipped yet.

Oh dang, they're finally shipping!
Oh sweet. I was just looking for info like... a week ago or something on twitter.

I want my pink controller!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I am not in a hurry :) It was as much for the gesture as for the pink (i love pink).
I won't be mad if i come last.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awww :(, Krejlooc banned himself? I wonder what for, I really enjoyed his posts a lot. I hope he comes back at some point.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017