• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 11, 2018
Oh yay. In three years of work they've managed just a single piece of art. It's gonna be decades before Prime 4 comes out.

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah same here.. Retros output really slowed down on HD era, they put out 4 games in 8 years between 2002-2010 (MP1-3 & DKCR) + the MP trilogy on Wii, but since then have only put out single game in 11 years (DK: Tropical Freeze in 2014 and the Switch port of it a few years later). I think they did do some support work for other Nintendo studios on the side, but it's still odd we haven't seen much of anything from them in years. I miss Retro, hopefully they'll reveal their hand soon and it'll be glorious.

Mario Kart 7 was a full on collaboration. According a recent interview Retro actually designed 21 out of the 32 tracks for the game.
www.youtube.com

#109 - Bryan Walker Interview (Senior Producer At Retro Studios)

Bryan Walker is currently the Lead Producer at Deck Nine Games but is most well known for his tenure at Retro Studios where he was was Senior Producer on Met...

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if Metroid Prime 4 isn't the "one last thing" teaser at this summer's Direct. 2023 feels like a real possibility, and I don't think a Prime Remake would suffice as a holding pattern without news on Prime 4.
BotW2 could also be the final announcement, ending with a release date for this year, which segues into a Treehouse Live demonstration. It would mirror the January 2017 presentation that showed many new games (Odyssey, ARMS, XC2), but closed on a final date for an already announced title (BotW1).

In which case, a good penultimate announcement would be, "Development is progressing smoothly on Metroid Prime 4, but we need a bit more time before we show it. In the meanwhile, check out this!" *cue footage of Metroid Prime Remastered*

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
Mario Kart 7 was a full on collaboration. According a recent interview Retro actually designed 21 out of the 32 tracks for the game.
www.youtube.com

#109 - Bryan Walker Interview (Senior Producer At Retro Studios)

Bryan Walker is currently the Lead Producer at Deck Nine Games but is most well known for his tenure at Retro Studios where he was was Senior Producer on Met...

Ah thanks for the info, I knew they assisted with some assets for the game but had no idea they were this involved, that's cool! Though MK7 came out in 2011 and so could maybe be better bundled to their GC/Wii work at this point.. I know they haven't just been chilling and having BBQ parties this whole time, they must have tons of prototypes and work done during the years, would be super interesting to one day find out what projects they've worked on during the companys quiet period..

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time to announce Metroid Prime remake for May, then Metroid Prime 4 teaser in June direct

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the '10 things you missed' analysis videos that are sure to pop up now.

Zoom ... enhance!

tenor.gif

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. Just give it to me. I need more Metroid Prime goodness. I was 17 when 3 came out and I'll probably be 32-33 by the time 4 comes out!

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
how do people notice these things? are there bots for when someonce changes their profile picture or banner?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yay. In three years of work they've managed just a single piece of art. It's gonna be decades before Prime 4 comes out.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.. 🤔

I agree it's been an agonizing wait, but this is certainly a sign of more than "Hey, Jim finished concept art numero uno guys! Woo! 🎉"

I'm still not anticipating any real news this year though. No expectations worked out well for the Direct a couple weeks ago.

Jan 11, 2018
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.. 🤔

Just a couple weeks ago people were freaking out about Retro tweeting about job openings, jumping to conclusions about the current state of development. Happens every time.

I know they haven't just been chilling and having BBQ parties this whole time, they must have tons of prototypes and work done during the years, would be super interesting to one day find out what projects they've worked on during the companys quiet period..

I try not to think about it. The most likely explanation is whatever they were working on from early 2014 to late 2018 was cancelled. I'm sure someday we'll hear about what they were working on.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a couple weeks ago people were freaking out about Retro tweeting about job openings, jumping to conclusions about the current state of development. Happens every time.

I try not to think about it. The most likely explanation is whatever they were working on from early 2014 to late 2018 was cancelled. I'm sure someday we'll hear about what they were working on.
Okay, so yeah, sarcasm. Just checking 😅

And yeah I hope we at least hear what happened to it. I wonder if it fell apart because Nintendo was too hands off, or not enough. Then again it could have nothing to do with them entirely, internal drama or something. Anyways.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
So she appears to be in some sort of abandoned duct. The "feel" of the setting here might be hinting that the game will be more dark and desolate than previous titles. Maybe they will go back to the creepy nature of the original Metroid.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I hope that banner is somewhat indicative of the tone Prime 4 will have (or perhaps it's for the remake that was teased last year?) Regardless, something's coming.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been a long time but some of you guys need to have a little faith haha

If anything the fact that they're updating their banner to this probably indicates they're gearing up to show something in June