• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
I'm using a Retrotink 2x so im not directly plugging into the TV. I think i found out the issue. The pins on the cable are bent. :(

Yeah. I've been there before…several times….in fact, my HD Retrovision Saturn adapter is currently missing one of the audio pins.

I cannot stand those 9-pin DIN connectors. Absolute trash-tier input. Wish the standard could've been something more like the Nintendo inputs of the time.

If you're incredibly careful, you may be able to salvage it with thin needle nose pliers. But, too much movement will snap the pin off entirely, so it's a tricky situation. If you do manage to salvage it, I would never remove the adapter from it again, unfortunately.

Still doesn't quite explain the sound issue, though…?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Yeah. I've been there before…several times….in fact, my HD Retrovision Saturn adapter is currently missing one of the audio pins.

I cannot stand those 9-pin DIN connectors. Absolute trash-tier input. Wish the standard could've been something more like the Nintendo inputs of the time.

If you're incredibly careful, you may be able to salvage it with thin needle nose pliers. But, too much movement will snap the pin off entirely, so it's a tricky situation. If you do manage to salvage it, I would never remove the adapter from it again, unfortunately.

Still doesn't quite explain the sound issue, though…?
Figured out how to get sound through my receiver. I had to use another jack and switch to aux. i will have to live woth composite video for now, but im happy :D

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Fixed(almost) my Sega 32x! :D Cleaned and reseated the ribbon cables. Getting video and audio, but the colors are off and pinkish in color. Read it might be the patch cable so i bought another one.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
I would like to play Saturn and N64 games on my PC. What is the best controller solution?

Should I:
a) Buy original controllers and get a USB adapter (I found one from Mayflash that has an adapter for both Saturn and N64!)
b) Buy the Retrobit Saturn USB controller and some (which??) N64 USB controller
c) Buy the 8Bitdo M30 wireless controller (for the Saturn) and some (which??) bluetooth N64 controller