• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Last of it showed up. Out of it until an Okage or Firefighter F.D. 18 pop up on Estarland. In a few months when I start up my new job I'm going to go ham though.
EgjAOyk.jpg

It's finally happening. Capcom's Alien Vs. Predator and ProGear are finally going to be available to us all - for probably over $200.

That's great...but I'd really love a home console port of these, and I'm hoping this means that they will eventually come out.

I'm sure there will be plenty of topics on it soon, but just wanted to update RetroEra on this great news.

Sigh...well, folks, I got SkyGunner for a really great price. I was super stoked about it, started it up, loved the choice Japanese or English language...

And then I ran into two terrible truths:
1) I don't actually like flying games and
2) I am awful at games that use dual analogue in a 3D space (i.e. I'm ok with twin stick shooters)

It dawned on me that I don't play almost any games requiring twin-stick aiming.
I immediately felt hopeless for my future in video games, and vindicated in my retrogaming-ness.

On a related note, if anyone wants a copy of SkyGunner for around $72, please let me know.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Well that sucks, do all games that use dual sticks give you a hard time? Also did you ever get around to playing that Okage you got? How is it if ya played it. Really want to get that one myself.

Well that sucks, do all games that use dual sticks give you a hard time? Also did you ever get around to playing that Okage you got? How is it if ya played it. Really want to get that one myself.

Yes, any game that needs precise aiming for twin sticks, that is. For general camera controls (RPGS), I'm a little more competent.
The only time I played FPS games growing up was at friend's houses, and by then I was already in high school. I also have never owned a dual stick FPS game.

This revelation only dawned on me in the past month, and SkyGunners was what got me thinking about why I was so awful at playing it.
Then I realized, I had no reason NOT be to bad at it, because I have played so few games that utilize a dual analogue aiming system.

But, I won't give up on SkyGunners!! It's too cool of art style and concept to not keep trying. I just have two copies now. Long story.

Okage - I got about one hour into it, and I think it seems fantastic - but I'm too early on to understand the battle system.
It's a fairly humorous storyline, and the battle system seems to have potential. Graphics look nice, art direction is good.

I could see it getting a bit bogged down later in the game, as many JRPGs of that time often did, but I think it's a solid purchase all around!
Unfortunately, it's probably about the 15th JRPG that I've barely started and still need to continue playing.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know how I can search for the blue translucent Japanese OG Xbox on buyee? My searches don't really get anywhere.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
It was the Dead or Alive Ultimate/Kasumi Chan edition. Have you tried using those words?

It's pretty expensive, at least on ebay though.

Does anyone in the US know of the best app/website to sell retro video games locally?

I'm thinking of offer up, but I'm not sure if any place has a larger market for rare retro games than the other.

I want to try and avoid ebay, due to the sizable chunk they take from each sale.

Offer up can get annoying with low balling resellers

Hm - is OfferUp basically like the Best Offer feature on eBay, then?
Cause, let me tell you, some of the offers I get on eBay are quite........low.
Any other suggestions for websites/apps?

ALSO, does anyone here have experience with gluing adhesive back onto cartridge labels?

I want to use fairly professional standard adhesive, not rubber cement or superglue (unless professional museum conservators actually use it), and was wondering if anyone else has looked for an excellent adhesive.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm - is OfferUp basically like the Best Offer feature on eBay, then?
Cause, let me tell you, some of the offers I get on eBay are quite........low.
Any other suggestions for websites/apps?

ALSO, does anyone here have experience with gluing adhesive back onto cartridge labels?

I want to use fairly professional standard adhesive, not rubber cement or superglue (unless professional museum conservators actually use it), and was wondering if anyone else has looked for an excellent adhesive.
It just might take a while with Offer up to come across a good faith buyer. Then it's pretty good. My best experiences were on the GAF BST thread. It migrated here of course: https://www.resetera.com/threads/buy-sell-trade-thread-2019-read-the-new-rules-in-the-op.454/

I personally haven't been very active on the Era version because I find all the new rules (and some nit picky people's peeves) a bit daunting to keep track of or observe.

BTW, just what exactly are you gonna sell?

It just might take a while with Offer up to come across a good faith buyer. Then it's pretty good. My best experiences were on the GAF BST thread. It migrated here of course: https://www.resetera.com/threads/buy-sell-trade-thread-2019-read-the-new-rules-in-the-op.454/

I personally haven't been very active on the Era version because I find all the new rules (and some nit picky people's peeves) a bit daunting to keep track of or observe.

BTW, just what exactly are you gonna sell?

Oh, man - quite a few games - some PC Engine CD games including some rare ones, some NES and Famicom games (mostly cheap ones), and I'm slowly switching some of my Genesis collection over to Mega Drive games, so I'm looking to sell the extra Genesis versions. If anyone is interested, I can post a fairly full list in a spoiler or something of that sort.

I may have a couple JP Dreamcast fighting games that need to go, as well.

Glue sticks work well, and don't leave any wet spots on the label.

Thanks! That's good to know - right now, I'm choosing between glue sticks and spray adhesive.
I'm also going to try and use a blowdryer to see if I can get the adhesive to stick again...

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Any liquid adhesive might bleed through and leave wet spots on the label. Not sure how wet the spray on glue would be.

Also feel free to post what you are selling here. I'm tapped for cash right now but someone here might be interested.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, man - quite a few games - some PC Engine CD games including some rare ones, some NES and Famicom games (mostly cheap ones), and I'm slowly switching some of my Genesis collection over to Mega Drive games, so I'm looking to sell the extra Genesis versions. If anyone is interested, I can post a fairly full list in a spoiler or something of that sort.

I may have a couple JP Dreamcast fighting games that need to go, as well.

Thanks! That's good to know - right now, I'm choosing between glue sticks and spray adhesive.
I'm also going to try and use a blowdryer to see if I can get the adhesive to stick again...
I have a buddy who's into PC engine and I could always go for more CIB Genesis stuff. I'll have a look if you have the time. 👀

Oh, dang!
Alright, I'll post a few preliminary ones here to see what the interest is - I'm still checking around with a few coworkers and friends, but here are a few right now - keep in mind I'm in the US.

Also, I don't have any rare CIB Genesis games that I'm selling, unfortunately...just box and cart.

I can take some pictures on request - but most are in at least good condition
Prices do not include shipping costs - but I'll keep it as low as possible!

Famicom (Cart only)
Goemon 1 - $7
Image Fight - $10
Red Arremer 2 - $25
Wai Wai World 2 - $20

All these for $25 or $5 each:
Buggy Popper
Exed Exes
Goonies 2
Legend of Kage
Side Pocket
Star Force
Tetris (BPS version)

NES:
Adventures of Bayou Billy - $5
Burai Fighter - $10
Section Z - $7

Genesis - I have pictures of these ready, if interested
Herzog Zwei - Cart and Box - $65
Jungle Strike CIB - $15
Marvel Land Cart/Box - $40 - a bit of label wear
Super Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition CIB - $15
Truxton - Cart/Box - $70 - a bit of label wear
Vectorman - Mega Hit Series CIB - $15

Sega CD
Revenge of the Ninja CIB - $45

PC Engine - Complete unless noted (need to check for ObiI)
Image Fight II - $95
Kaze Kiri - $190
Popful Mail disc only - $70
Shapeshifter - $25
And maybe Kiadan 00 for $100

PS1 -
Tenchi wo Kurau II - $60

PS2 -
Skygunner - $70 (I have an extra copy, no worries Rygar)
Lumines - $5
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - $10

I also have a complete 1CHIP Super Nintendo plus 2 worn controllers if that interests anyone...

Ok, seeing all those games listed out, I guess it's not quite as good as I thought in my head...but, there are a few good ones in there!

Alright, well, at least that's somewhere to discuss SNK stuff...Wii is left out here, cold and lonely.

Would it even be worth it to start a Wii OT?
It doesn't seem like many of the current Retro Console threads generate much traffic anyways.

I would like to see if we can post an OT on the General Forums to garner a broader audience at first, as that's how the posts on the previous forum initially gained quite a following.

I'd try to start the thread myself, but goodness knows I barely have the know-how to post any pictures as is.

Last edited:

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
Why dont we just discuss Wii and other consoles without a dedicated thread in here? I dont think its a good idea to break it up even more with the current activity level.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main retro thread has always served as my thread for most everything. I never really like hunting down each individual thread. There's hardly enough activity to support that kind of routine anyway.

Hm. I guess I was mostly just curious to see what would happen if we started an OT on the main board instead of directly in the OT section - but I'm not sure when starting OT topics on the main board is appropriate.

I'd like to get a broader audience involved - the more, the merrier and all...

With all the other retro threads, I'm just subbed to all of them - so it's a pretty quick find when I'd like to view them.

Edit: Oh, and I meant to post about this earlier, but I've attempted two audio mods in the past week - one was the optical on the SNES - and I somehow botched it and now the fuse (at very least) is fried. No idea what happened, all the mod work seems to be correct?

After that, I hesitantly installed a Mega Amp Mini in my Mega Drive Model 1 - and it worked! So my confidence is somewhat restored.

Tonight, I will be changing out the SMD ceramic caps on the PC Engine to remove the jailbars - wish me luck!

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Shouldn't be spending money, but couldn't pass on Alundra for $60. Crack on case and missing some teeth that hold the disc in, but that's easy to replace.
Blr9aqE.jpg

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Awesome pickup!

How do you normally replace busted jewel cases - do you replace with the case of a cheap PS1 game or do you have a place to source an exact replacement from?

Any jewel case is fine. As long as the tray the disc sits in is see through, because most games have art there. You can just ghoul a cheap game for the case if you want though.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Still buying PS2 stuff, but check Estarland everyday even though I shouldn't at the moment. Always check for NES, Genesis, Sega CD, SNES, DC, Saturn, GC, PS2 and Xbox stuff.
Couldn't pass up $30 for Vagrant Story it normally sells for $50+

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Friend came over this a tub of stuff he cleared out of his closet. His brother has the rest of the SNES, N64 and a few other NES games that he has to go pick up and bring over.
HG7p4FR.jpg

Still have to sort it all out.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I keep finding lots of things that are probably valuable now.

Grandia II
Final Fantasy Tactics
Contra III box (albeit damaged)

Yeah, it's just the box he had all his SNES manuals in there. It's cool though box was all I needed for it to be complete.

And yeah there was some pricey stuff in there like the TMNT Tournament Fighters. I know they have Contra Force as well, but I think that's with his brother right now.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friend came over this a tub of stuff he cleared out of his closet. His brother has the rest of the SNES, N64 and a few other NES games that he has to go pick up and bring over.
HG7p4FR.jpg

Still have to sort it all out.
How does Rygar sleep at night? On a pile of video games, apparently. Awesome haul!

Any interesting duplicates you wanna sell, I'm all ears. ;)

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Sorted through it all.

Systems:
Dreamcast
Ps2 phat
NES

Accessories:
Double Dragon Tiger Game (not an accessory, but don't know where to put it)
2 NES Advantages
NES Zapper
Namco GunCon

DC games:
Skies of Arcadia
Phantasy Star Online (double)
King of Fighters Dream Match 1999
Capcom Vs. SNK
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sega GT
Street Fighter Alpha 3

PS2 games:
Suikoden 3
Devil May Cry 3
Dynasty Warriors 2
SSX Tricky
GTA Vice City
DBZ Budokai
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero Metallica
Rockband 2

NES games:
Legacy of the Wizard
Rad Racer 2
Sky Shark
Double Dribble
Golf
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Destination Earthstar

Double Dragon 2 (double)
Mafat Conspiracy (double)
Blades of Steel (double)
Astyanax (double)
World Class Track Meet (double)
Gradius (double)
Mission Impossible (double)
Stryder (double)
Bad Dudes (double)
Golgo 13 (double)
Life Force (double)
Pac-Man (double)
Double Dragon (double)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (double)
Bayou Billy (double)
Solar Jetman (double)
Super C (double)
Castlevania 2 (double)
Kung-fu Heroes (double)
Captain Skyhawk (double)
Mickey Mousecapade (double)
Crystalis (double)
Rad Racer (double)
Zelda 2 (double)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (double)
Mario 2 (double)
Castlevania (double)
Ninja Gaiden (double)
Castlevania 3 (double)
Time Lord (double)
TMNT 2 (double)
Mario/ Duck Hunt (double)

PC games:
Half-life
Warcraft 2 Bnet edition
Elderscrolls 3 and Bloodmoon expansion
Nox
Diablo
Grandia 2
Metal Gear Solid
Sims 1 and all expansions
Street fighter Alpha 2
Megaman X4
Simpsons Hit&Run
My old Starwars Galaxies discs I lent him a long time ago.
Left 4 Dead 2
Borderlands
Dead Island

Loose PC games:
Virtua Fighter 2
Dark Stone
Final Fantasy 7
MK Trilogy
MDK 2
Shogo
Fallout 2
Rainbow Six and the expansions