• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
RetroMania Wrestling Now Official Sequel to WrestleFest – Mat Mania DLC Planned

]Retrosoft Studios announced today that they have been working with Arc System Works, the owner of many Technos IPs, to become the official sequel to
Wrestlefest. The latter was an iconic early '90s WWF game and one that has remained a blast to play even today. Its pick up and play gameplay led to things like an iOS reimagining being released, but that didn't quite please fans with its iffy controls and hollow gameplay. Retrosoft saw that there was a demand for a game like Wrestlefest and announced RetroMania Wrestling as a spiritual successor until today. Now, it officially carries on the lineage of Superstars and Wrestlefest, at least as much as it can without having original code or development team members on-board.

Studio announcement and game info
Our entire team at Retrosoft Studios has some exciting news regarding RetroMania Wrestling! For the past several months, we've referred to RetroMania Wrestling as the spiritual successor to the 1991 arcade hit known as WrestleFest. Today, we're very proud to share that the game is now
the official sequel to WrestleFest! Not only that, but we've also acquired the rights to all of the characters from the 1985 arcade wrestling game​
Mat Mania. You may remember Dynamite Tommy and the Insane Warrior from that game, and now they'll both be making appearances in RetroMania Wrestling's Story Mode! While they won't be playable wrestlers at first, they may be a part of a future DLC release.​

This is awesome news. I'm a huge fan of the original 1991 Technos arcade game Wrestlefest. It's probably my favorite wrestling arcade game. I had a chance to play RetroMania Wrestling at the Too Many Games Expo earlier this year for a few minutes and it plays great. I also got a chance to meet the team lead from Retrosoft Studios. They seem like genuine fans. This must be so cool for them. I've been casually following the development, and it looks awesome. Can't wait to play it. It's coming out on all the major platforms sometime in 2020. If you are an arcade wrestling fan and like fun pick-up and play gameplay or love Wrestlefest, you should check this game out.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up many quarters playing WrestleFest back in the day. I loooooooved that cabinet.

The little picture in picture effect during the battle Royal was my favorite.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Always down for a new wrestling game.

But lol at the "remember these popular characters from back then...well you can't play with them initially...but pay us more later on and you can"

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

wei_29_kane1.jpg