• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Fingers crossed the reviews and sales carry on the positive coverage and encourage Sony to bring Housemarque into the 1st party stable. I'd love to see them be able to carry on developing these kind of arcade-style games with Sony's financial and technical support behind them.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I missed this in written previews, but I guess you could 'challenge' the enemy/boss that got you killed, again.

At 12:45.

Last edited:

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would buy this but I'm out of SSD space, and I don't want to buy a USB SSD just right now.

The look, the design, the dualsense features, the touted 3d-audio, the metroid vibes, the souls vibes, the music, I'm sorely tempted...

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I've kind of lost faith in previews after Cyberpunk previews just hyped the game more.

Let's see what reviews say and go from there.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Oh I'd bite at that point! But it doesn't display returnal on amazon Italy... (Netherlands here)
Does OTTO.nl give you those discount codes for creating an account there? I´ve preordered the game for only 50€ on OTTO Germany after using several discount codes partially from just creating an account there.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I've been playing this and can't be too specific about it yet, but I'm kinda in love. Everything just feels so good. Movement, combat, the seamlessness of it all.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've kind of lost faith in previews after Cyberpunk previews just hyped the game more.

Let's see what reviews say and go from there.

I've been allowed to capture and show whatever I want from the first 2 areas. That should tell you to put more faith in these previews than Cyberpunk.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Some of the previews suggest it's like Hades...surely Risk of Rain 2 would be a better comparison?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
For what it's worth it might be better to do £25, £25, £20 on Eneba as I only used a 3% discount and it came to £53.27 total.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Man..I want a cheap Returnal key

I'ma get it regardless tho.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe I missed this in written previews, but I guess you could 'challenge' the enemy/boss that got you killed, again.
They said recently that you come across the bodies of other players in the game and you can either loot or avenge their deaths. So I think it's a case of just take what they have or try to avenge them for a potentially better reward.

Think of it along the lines of Dark Souls bloodstains, only by choosing to view them you then have to fight enemies.

Oct 27, 2017
If you're in the UK and looking to save money just do as I do; purchase from the US store. You'll save 20% just by virtue of the exchange rate.

I just picked this up for £48. Certainly a lot more reasonable than the £70 demanded by the UK storefront.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Thanks :) My final price in my basket is now £52.36 - that sound about right?
Scratch that - it's £55.54 with the service fee to pay.
Do £25, £25 and £20 and it'll be ~£53 if you want the extra saving.

If you're in the UK and looking to save money just do as I do; purchase from the US store. You'll save 20% just by virtue of the exchange rate.
I just picked this up for £48. Certainly a lot more reasonable than the £70 demanded by the UK storefront.
Using a secondary US account on your PS5 right?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
£12 cheaper and I'd consider it, £17 cheaper and I'd bite.

Nex gen pricing fucking sucks.
If you'll consider going digital then grab PSN gift cards from Eneba, works out cheaper than the Shopto deal.

The haptics will be cool - found it really useful in Demon's Souls to tell you when an enemy is about to throw fire at you for example. But I really hate that speaker, it sounds so tinny and gimmicky compared to my AV system that I need to have that shit turned off.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Great previews but cant find it with a discount anywhere in Poland ;_;

The 3d audio works with any headphones right? Wondering if i shouls buy the pulse headset or are there better alternatives in this price range?

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Sorry for my ignorance but how do you do that?

And does it lock you behind the purchase in anyway i.e console has to be tied to us store to use?

Oct 27, 2017
Using a secondary US account on your PS5 right?
Yup.
Sorry for my ignorance but how do you do that?

And does it lock you behind the purchase in anyway I.e console has to be tied to us store to use?
Just open a US account and make purchases with US PSN cards from G2A or the like. You're free to play any of your purchased titles on any account as long as the US account is set to primary.

It's very easy to do.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Really excited for this, but I don't have time to watch.

I saw the alert of putting in rest mode to suspend run. How does the game save your progress? I thought it was more of an intertwined game world rather than a level by level one. I know that it says that your permanent progress is saved when you turn the game off, but you always return to the crash site upon restarting.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Those £45 Eneba codes sold out when I hit checkout and are now a much higher price :( cheers for posting them though!

Oct 26, 2017