• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
T-Minus 4 minutes but it'll take me a sec to translate the reviews into code when it hits.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
https://gameir.ie/review/returnal-something-darker-and-sinister-lurks-out-there/
4/5
The definition of madness
Returnal in my opinion is an exploration of madness and perhaps the genre itself. As I was playing the game I couldn't help think of Albert Einstein and his belief in insanity:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."
When a game can get me thinking of such heady topics, I know I'm onto a winner. Returnal is something spectacular and as one of the first titles for the PlayStation 5, it will cement the console as a must-have.

If there are any issues it would be that I have noticed people have been turned off by the price of Returnal. Checking in at €79.99, Returnal will turn away many potential buyers. However in my personal opinion this game, this story, this experience is well worth the cost.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
sticking to my prediction of around 87. Might go down to 84-85 but that should be the range I think.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Don't shock me.

mustplay222.png

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
We absolutely loved the game on Push Square, awarding it a 9/10. Our reviewer put in over 40 hours I believe and apparently still has more to do. He's stressed consistently in our group chat that this is much bigger than people have assumed it is. Haven't really heard him say a bad thing about it.

Returnal PS5 Review

Housemarque has delivered the PS5 promise with Returnal. All the console's bells and whistles enhance the experience, making this a real showpiece for the hardware. But more than that, the game is a force to be reckoned with; the breathless combat, super slick gameplay, and the subtle but unsettling story combine for an experience of surprising scale. Rogue-lite aspects mean it won't gel with everyone, but for those looking for a challenging, addictive arcade shooter, this comes highly recommended.

We've also got a video review you can watch here -- it's completely spoiler-free I believe:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
www.spieltimes.com

Returnal Review — There's Joy In Repetition

It’s almost hard to believe that Housemarque have created their first third-person shooter with Returnal. Yet in doing so, they've instantly catapulted themselves to the top of the heap of action shooter developers.

It's almost hard to believe that Housemarque have created their first third-person shooter with Returnal. Yet in doing so, they've instantly catapulted themselves to the top of the heap of action shooter developers.

9/10

YuyoMoriarty

Oct 29, 2017
YES
We absolutely loved the game on Push Square, awarding it a 9/10. Our reviewer put in over 40 hours I believe and apparently still has more to do. He's stressed consistently in our group chat that this is much bigger than people have assumed it is. Haven't really heard him say a bad thing about it.

Returnal PS5 Review

We've also got a video review you can watch here -- it's completely spoiler-free I believe:

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Gamekult (FR): 8/10

Like Control before it, Returnal is an atmospheric, wild and magnetic game. An action game that knows how to be both explosive and intimate, foreign and familiar, arid and lush, rooted in the old school but happily dipping into current trends. If one praises its aesthetics, its mechanics and the pleasure it gives in hands, it is perhaps even more important for its studio. With such ambitions, it could well be a second birth certificate for Housemarque, which would then gain a few places in the pantheon of Sony's darling studios. In any case, that's all the harm we wish them.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Status
Not open for further replies.