• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Vn3dzJD.png

Yeah, Capcom, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, From Software, & whoever else who work with him need to dump his ass ASAP. I thought this would be worthy of a new thread since it's new news. Special thanks for Kyle Cross for bringing this to my attention.

Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter)

UPDATES: Here are some of the threadmarked posts below in case you don't want to go through them.
The audacity of this asshole to use an MLK quote to defend the riots.

ErQjJ94XAAIG3nR
VGC is now covering the news.

And to the surprise of nobody, Reuben is trying to backpedal.

image0.png

Here's what Capcom said to Video Game Chronicle regarding Reuben's rhetoric...

"UPDATE: In a statement provided to VGC, Capcom distanced itself from the actor's comments. A spokesperson said: 'The views expressed by Langdon do not reflect those of Capcom.'"

Source
Apparently buying into & signal-boosting bigoted conspiracy theories has been a common thing for Reuben, even before it started to become common knowledge in 2019.

I guess we can add islamophobic & homophobic to the list.

Reuben Langdon has provided a response to VGC...

"I have never supported the violence in the capital or Trump or his supporters. I shared no such content. Please point out where I did and I'd be happy to apologize and take it down.

"I am making reference to the double standards of the media, the hypocrisy of it all, and the blatant attack on the US Constitution. The storming of the capital was a disgrace to the USA. In no way do I or have I ever supported their behavior or any which incites violence or damage to property."

"Those responsible will be held accountable by law. This is about freedom of speech. And the hypocrisy of the media."

Source

He still undermines the BLM movement by creating a false equivalency, which was the original point of this thread. So even if he doesn't support the MAGA terrorist attack, he's still spewing anti-BLM rhetoric. And that still doesn't account for the reports of his racism, islamophobia, & homophobia.
He also harassed someone through their DMs on Twitter.

Last edited:

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
He's a jackass time and time again, but I think most folks have given up hope of him getting any comeuppance from those studios for it; they're too reliant on his mocap stuff.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like he's working on Dragon's Dogma 2? I doubt Capcom drops him but maybe the western studios can.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
He's a jackass time and time again, but I think most folks have given up hope of him getting any comeuppance from those studios for it; they're too reliant on his mocap stuff.
That's unfortunately the problem, his mo-cap studio is too prevalent in the industry.

Looks like he's working on Dragon's Dogma 2? I doubt Capcom drops him but maybe the western studios can.

I believe that was from working on DMC5:SE's new cutscenes.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The Ratchet voice actor also had some tweets of the sorts, I believe.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

That's probably from the DMC5 performance capture. Since Itsuno says that his next project is a long ways off they probably haven't even gotten to the point where they're doing it for that game.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Hopefully, this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Fuck this dude

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I don't think anyone from the industry will ever work with him. :D

Unfortunately he owns the biggest mocap studio in gaming. LOTS of company's ranging from capcom to from to naughty dog to others use it.

They don't want to lose access to it.

Soooo yeahhh idk

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt Capcom will ever cut ties with this man. Not including DMC or his other VO/capture work, Capcom uses his stunt/performance capture studio for many of their games. They're committed to him.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Btw, what's the best rebuttal to those trying to equate BLM unrest to what Trump supporters did a few days ago? I'm terrible at making points about this sort of thing.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
He's pretty big in the industry, he has a studio that does mocap for a lot of AAA games and big publishers. Not easy to cut ties with.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reuben shut your bitch ass up.

It sucks that he's pretty much close with a lot of key developers and people.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
People rallying and being upset over the cops killing an unarmed black man in the cruelest fucking way after successfully detaining him vs destroying a nation's security and trying to disrupt its democratic processes based on conspiracies that have zero supporting evidence, which in itself is based on years worth of lie and hate-fueled bullshit over their comfortable lives being marginally altered in an effort not to make the whole system implode on itself in the first place.

They just do not get it.

In case it hasn't been made abundantly clear yet, MAGA types are the type of people that think back on the history of the US and go "yeah I'm proud we killed nearly all the natives and created our wealth and comfortable lives on slave labor by inheriting the cruel imperial attitudes of our ancient monarchies."

Cruelty, greed, deception. They are no good.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt Capcom will ever cut ties with this man. Not including DMC or his other VO/capture work, Capcom uses his stunt/performance capture studio for many of their games. They're committed to him.

He's been working with them for like 20 years and seems close to Itsuno. I doubt the japanese side even knows (or would even care) about this.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
BLM protests were in response to generations of police profiling and brutality toward minorities. The BLM protests were largely peaceful and for a good cause. They could get messy at times, but anything on that scale would be. They were massive because they were addressing a massive injustice.

Jan. 6, on the other hand, was insurrection, sedition, treason, terrorism. Trump incited a mob to try and overturn the will of the people. It was a fascist coup.

Trump's people killed a police officer. Four others died as well. The Capitol was desecrated. A Confederate flag was in the halls of Congress. All in a town where Trump works. So much for him being the "law and order" president. Fucker didn't even activate the National Guard.

Deplatform Trump. Impeach him. Remove him. Convict him. Imprison him.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I checked his Twitter the other day and he retweeted this weird racist anti-vaxxer anti artificial meat picture.

Like how much does he have to do before Capcom decides to drop him?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
These companies need to drop him and work out where they go from there rather than keep him around because it's convenient and advantageous for their motion capture work.

Nov 1, 2017
He's been a known shithead for ages. How is he still getting work? Naughty Dog sure do have problematic hiring tendencies when it comes to voice actors for their games. Then again as recent events have demonstrated white people get away with some major bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, what's the best rebuttal to those trying to equate BLM unrest to what Trump supporters did a few days ago? I'm terrible at making points about this sort of thing.
I can't give you the best rebuttal but a key distinction is, y'know, the why. Racial justice, which is inherently good and necessary, versus bullshit conspiracy theories.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I checked his Twitter the other day and he retweeted this weird racist anti-vaxxer anti artificial meat picture.

Like how much does he have to do before Capcom decides to drop him?
He's been a known shithead for ages. How is he still getting work? Naughty Dog sure do have problematic hiring tendencies when it comes to voice actors for their games. Then again as recent events have demonstrated white people get away with some major bullshit.
The problem is Just Cause Productions, a mo-cap studio that's huge within the industry which Reuben co-owns.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately he owns the biggest mocap studio in gaming. LOTS of company's ranging from capcom to from to naughty dog to others use it.

They don't want to lose access to it.

Soooo yeahhh idk

I'm pretty sure that ND has their own mocap studio. These are the games that use Langdon's studio

www.mobygames.com

Just Cause Productions, Inc. - MobyGames

Just Cause Productions is a full-service Stereoscopic 3D multimedia production company. It was founded in 2002 and was incorporated in 2005. It was registered in Los Angeles, the United States in 2001 and in Tokyo, Japan in 2002. Just Cause Productions...

It's primarily used by Japanese studios like Capcom and FROM.