• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it REALLY that hard not to have really terrible views?

Like, if your views denigrate, hurt, belittle, marginalize, or insult entire swaths of people... maybe take a step back and take a good long look in the mirror, right?

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Ignoring staff post and drive-by posting
ss_89ecbf1b0120d32ff82580f5e3f9f6a76edd7b92.1920x1080.jpg

Bring back best Dante

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of that one time that some guy on 4chan began calling me a cuck on that site (he actually said something like "AlexFlame116 is a mother-" just cause I called them out lmao.
I was called a snowflake when those motherfuckers came out of the woodwork during the GAF exodus. Never once I was called that or even noticed it ever being legitamally used until that time.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Lmaoooo. When asked to clarify his statements he's like "nah, i'm too ignorant". Also, this statement is quite telling "Then making up a narrative to serve your clear bias about the #qanon 8chan discussions. "

let's take a moment to appreciate the real victim here, reuben langdon, who is treated very unfairly by the unfair by the very biased to qanon newsweek

Also, when will the "so you persecute jaren fogel because he has different beliefs" turn into "i'm sorry, i'm trying to remove it"?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not even an attempt at an apology and doubling down on QAnon. Amazing.
Wonder who the next VA for Dante is going to be.

Sep 20, 2018
Utterly disgusting.

Dante has to be recast. Like, yesterday. What do people think the chances are of him being recast at this point?

Also, please, PLEASE tell me that Johnny Yong Bosch and Dan Southworth are good people? Has anyone heard/seen anything bad about them?

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'd legitimately wager (if I actually had money lmao) that most of the StandWithVic people aren't even actually fans of his work; it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're just alt-right people stoking fires, trolls, or bots. iirc we saw that a lot in other things that popped up (The Last Jedi's backlash, GamerGate, etc.). You can't even mention "stories about this have been around for over a decade" without those five of those people popping up and insisting that a discussion of him is harassment (while ignoring that what they're doing is harassment).

Yeah, I agree. Hell, I was a fan of Vic and.my response to the news was to unfollow him on twitter and be bummed out for a few days

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I, for one, want to hear this Qanon position that he feels real journalists would be looking for. I will provide the shovel that he would dig himself into, and watch with glee at the inevitable excuse/apology down the line

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Utterly disgusting.

Dante has to be recast. Like, yesterday. What do people think the chances are of him being recast at this point?

Also, please, PLEASE tell me that Johnny Yong Bosch and Dan Southworth are good people? Has anyone heard/seen anything bad about them?
JYB and Dan Southworth seem to be fine folks for the most part. It's Rueben who's off his rocker, always has been for years, his obsession with qanon/anti vaccine stuff was somewhat of an open secret in the fanbase but it only blew up now.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too, too bothered by him believing in Qanon. It's ludicrous and he's crazy for believing in it, but that's his problem. However his views on MeToo and BLM is disgusting. Had I known about this, I wouldn't have purchased DMC5 new. Shame that such a good game has to be tied to these horrible people.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that the media gets worse when they're calling you out on stuff. Can someone hook me up with a conspiracy theory to explain this phenomena?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not too, too bothered by him believing in Qanon. It's ludicrous and he's crazy for believing in it, but that's his problem. However his views on MeToo and BLM is disgusting. Had I known about this, I wouldn't have purchased DMC5 new. Shame that such a good game has to be tied to these horrible people.
Qanon isn't a harmless political stance, it's an organization of misinformed radicals pushing their extreme conspiracies to the point that someone decided to bring a gun to a pizza shop and fire off rounds. It's an extremist group that communicates on the terrorist breeding grounds of 8chan.

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and excusing rhetoric that undermines equality movements
I want to have an opinion, but then I'd have to find an echo chamber, fake news, and alternative facts to support it so I never have to defend it.

In the process of finding my own opinion, I realize it was never my opinion to begin with. - MGS2

How dare Reuben have an opinion.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Qanon isn't a harmless political stance, it's an organization of misinformed radicals pushing their extreme conspiracies to the point that someone decided to bring a gun to a pizza shop and fire off rounds. It's an extremist group that communicates on the terrorist breeding grounds of 8chan.

I honestly didn't realize Qanon grew into all this or was related to the pizza shop incident. I thought it was a bunch of wackjobs believing in some deep state organization that is meant to manipulate us.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
It's interesting to note that the lead poster in that thread believes ERA is singlehandedly powerful enough to remove industry figures from their positions with the power of faux outrage.

Maybe, just maybe, brands understand how damaging (and hopefully how morally reprehensible) it actually is to be associated with people who can't help but profess their bigotry loudly to the rafters. If ERA is leading the charge in bringing things to light, then hey more power to the forum, but in most cases it's just a part of a broader pushback.

(The world according to reddit)

"Meanwhile, at ResetEra"

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly didn't realize Qanon grew into all this or was related to the pizza shop incident. I thought it was a bunch of wackjobs believing in some deep state organization that is meant to manipulate us.
That's not the only instance. Another wack job took a video camera and rifle to an abandoned parking lot because the group somehow got the idea that Democrats were conducting human trafficking operations there. It's a dangerous group of imbeciles.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Woof, replace this guy Capcom. It's not hard to find a decent voice actor who can do "wise cracking semi asshole" without all the baggage and shitty views.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, his company did the mocap for V right ?
Yes.
Woof, replace this guy Capcom. It's not hard to find a decent voice actor who can do "wise cracking semi asshole" without all the baggage and shitty views.
Unless you're ok with Capcom still giving his company money or him still even working with their games at all, they're better off finding a different mocap studio. And that is a rather unlikely given how entrenched Just Cause Productions is within the gaming (and movie) industry.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
That's not the only instance. Another wack job took a video camera and rifle to an abandoned parking lot because the group somehow got the idea that Democrats were conducting human trafficking operations there. It's a dangerous group of imbeciles.

WTF. I don't understand what goes through the heads of these people.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Dante VA might get replaced but I kinda doubt they'll change his Mocap studio. He seems to be in many games/movies.

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
So disappointed. I thought he was a nice guy. But i can't reconcile my beliefs and his.

I like his work. But remember that I owe him nothing. And that fact makes it easier to say fuck this guy. He's too far down the rabbit hole. Kinda wish i could replace dante's voice with someone else's. I can't hear Dante the same way again.