• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
DREW COOMBS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL OUR DARK SOULS WITH LIIIIIIIGHT.

(In all seriousness, Langdon wasn't Dante's first English voice and replacing him wouldn't be a hardship.)

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing but respect for MY Dante

latest

IS HE SO BAD NOW? HUH?

Yeah he's still pretty bad but at least he doesn't have this hanging over his head.
Lmao imagine using this story as ammo in petty character wars.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Side note, I heard this saying before (without the F word). What does it mean? The last person I asked couldn't explain it and stated its complicated.

its a line that is tied intrinsically into the first season of True Detective, where it became popular again. there, a serial killer uses it and the idea is kinda adopted by one of the twin detectives. on the surface it means basically that "history repeats" but if looked into it deeper its actually tied into the idea of eternal recurrence, which is fundamental for understanding some of Nietzsche's works. (I actually think the line originated from Thus Spoke Zarathustra originally, but I'm not too sure.)

not quite my cup of tea but that's Nietzsche for ya. I'd start there if you want more info cause digging in this would be like taking a philosophy class and I don't have that kinda time lol

meg5493

Mar 19, 2019
This and just recently the DmC comment he made, have made me realize how flawed of a of a person he is. I mean yeah you never want to idolize someone because you're always going to be disappointed by the reality of it, but it sucks that his opinions are so....terrible.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This and just recently the DmC comment he made, have made me realize how flawed of a of a person he is. I mean yeah you never want to idolize someone because you're always going to be disappointed by the reality of it, but it sucks that his opinions are so....terrible.
What was this DmC comment lol

I cant imagine it being worse than this unless he called everyone who liked it a slur or something

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I'm conflicted and I feel bad saying that. I e-mailed him and did my absolute best to explain to him why some of the things he's said may have hurt people and while he apologized to me for offending anyone he insists to me that if I know the full context of the interview, I'll understand his true motivations and that he's for uniting people.

I dunno, I shouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt, I know that, too many people do. But I'm just not sure how to handle this situation because he seems to just not realize the gravity of his BLM and MeToo comments. I want to get through to him but I don't know how.

I will probably duck out of this conflict for now. I respect and encourage you all to press on but I don't think my hearts in the right place to reasonably engage in this at the moment.

At least you tried. Maybe others here can you help

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: You know what, I don't like this post either. I'll leave this be for now.

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It would be nice to keep all discussions of DmC vs DMC away from this thread. Especially since the topic at hand isn't something to laugh at.

It's fine to have preferences. But not every thread needs those versus contents.

meg5493

Mar 19, 2019
What was this DmC comment lol

I cant imagine it being worse than this unless he called everyone who liked it a slur or something
I found out about the DmC interview before this one, where he talks about Itsuno going to quit Capcom, and that Itsuno was less then happy about DmC even though him, Inafune, and Capcom wanted the change in direction, which idk how Reuben got this info in the first place but Itsuno's stated multiple times he likes DmC. Take that as you will but Reuben just throwing that out there stoked fires that should've stayed dead.

He actually cleared up his comment regarding Itsuno and DmC:

Glad to see him clarify 4 days after the fact, its a shame media sites have already spun it as a DmC hate piece and most people have already moved on and won't bother. I do appreciate him clarifying that though. Though Reubens been making a lot of waves lately in the media, which I wonder how Capcom will take that.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Getting back, jeez didn't know how much involvement Reuben had with mo-cap in certain projects!

Just hope this gets headlined more and more and maybe (hopefully) companies begin to distance themselves from Reuben.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
this dude screams "dumbass regressive person" in a way that takes me back to the brief period of time when people called other people woke as a genuine compliment

like, after reading all this, I find myself appreciating my ###woke family and friends and fellow forum-goers who can maneuver around a conversation about sexual harassment without coming across like a complete fool

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Reuben langdon believes in Q....jesus christ...you have to be a far right Trumpist to even have a inkling of that nonsense...our society is sick with a disease. And BLM and MeToo stuff...yeah that's pretty much a wrap for him

Oct 31, 2017
This and just recently the DmC comment he made

What did he say about DmC ?

Edit: just saw your earlier post ;)

I found out about the DmC interview before this one, where he talks about Itsuno going to quit Capcom, and that Itsuno was less then happy about DmC even though him, Inafune, and Capcom wanted the change in direction, which idk how Reuben got this info in the first place but Itsuno's stated multiple times he likes DmC. Take that as you will but Reuben just throwing that out there stoked fires that should've stayed dead.

Sounds like bullshit :D

Mar 18, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
People here clearly don't understand that people are not in charge of 8chan. It's a platform for free speech which started to become a really nice hangout place for racist etc. Don't compare NZ Mass shooting to a public figure having a harmless opinion.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People here clearly don't understand that people are not in charge of 8chan. It's a platform for free speech which started to become a really nice hangout place for racist etc. Don't compare NZ Mass shooting to a public figure having a harmless opinion.

I for one am completely convinced of your sincerity and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad you signed up to post this. Look forward to your future postings while they last.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

8chan... The place that was founded from those banned from 4chan? Because they were too awful for even 4chan? That 8chan?

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017

No, I think that people do understand how 8chan is operated and how being a "platform for free speech" has actually lead to it being a total flaming garbage fire in an overflowing rubbish pit where people can spew whatever hateful, vile nonsense they want, brigading and hate movements can congregate and plan, and people like the Christchurch shooter engage with and play to that scumbag audience.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
The DmC quote is probably true. I don't think Itsuno likes being wheeled out to help fix products, it takes time away from him doing things he wants. He can like DmC but I don't think he liked being made to work on it after initial reaction to the game wasn't hot.

Reuben was already a bit nutty, he probably got a lump sum already so he got paid already.

meg5493

Mar 19, 2019
The DmC quote is probably true. I don't think Itsuno likes being wheeled out to help fix products, it takes time away from him doing things he wants. He can like DmC but I don't think he liked being made to work on it after initial reaction to the game wasn't hot.

Reuben was already a bit nutty, he probably got a lump sum already so he got paid already.

The problem isn't so much that Itsuno liked or disliked being put on the project thats debatable. It's the fact that Reuben somehow "knew" the details of it, ran his mouth on an interview, and let everyone "take" out of context his comments about DmC, he already didn't like the fact that the game got made, but it took him 4 days to back track all that shit. Probably at Capcom's demand.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, no words from Capcom or any new declaration by Langdon? This is blowing over like the THQ stuff?

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So, no words from Capcom or any new declaration by Langdon? This is blowing over like the THQ stuff?
I'm worried that it is, yeah... Capcom responded to both Newsweek and Eurogamer that his views doesn't reflect their own and the comment sent specifically to Eurogamer stated they were also looking into it, but nothing since. Hopefully they actually are working on this internally, and it wasn't just a PR reply to get them off their case.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well, Dante's chances for smash are over. WTF is this.... and wow.

EDIT: I forgot Ken is already in smash.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's so ridiculous that he says that people need to start forgiving, because no one should forgive a person who

1. Doesn't think they did anything wrong, or
2. Isn't asking for forgiveness or doing anything that suggests that they feel bad.

Forgiveness is a fancy way to say "stop complaining about white men"

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
jfc what a piece of shit. I wouldn't have bought the game had I known about this.

For what it's worth he already made his money before you purchased your copy. Also, this isn't like the Dragon Quest scenario where the only hope of detaching him from the series is his death. If people make enough of a stink I could see Capcom changing things up for DMC6 (it's just a matter of people making a big enough stink really).

EDIT: I mean, Capcom hasn't shown a ton of loyalty RE voice actors as they ditched beloved actors for the RE2 remake in favor of non-union actors. Now that the DMC series has been reestablished I'm sure Capcom would be fine with replacing him in future games.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Original NeoGAF and now ResetEra will always be hated by groups of people. And will always take the blame for another person's terrible thoughts and opinions coming to light.

Cause you know, we're apparently masterminds in a huge conspiracy lol
I love how much those who hate us are always up-to-date on us, which means they are reading ResetEra. Jealous, angry little fucks.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds that Langdon thinks Dante's passing of the torch is a conspiracy to get him removed from the series?

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I mean, Capcom hasn't shown a ton of loyalty RE voice actors as they ditched beloved actors for the RE2 remake in favor of non-union actors. Now that the DMC series has been reestablished I'm sure Capcom would be fine with replacing him in future games.
Capcom will still give his business money if they keep working for Just Cause.

It is going to be problem for anyone to give his business money.
Sean schemmel is by all reports a good guy, if that sort of thing matters for Smash
I suppose this was his way of warning people years ago.

???????? He liked my tweet?
God, let this roller coaster end.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
You're not wrong but it's not like Just Cause Productions is the only company out there that does this kind of work. Capcom can change this.
Capcom aren't the only ones thought. Just Cause has to be really competitive for what they offer. Sony, Bandai Namco, Bethesda, EA, all work with them. They provide a large range of cinematic services for games and have offices in Japan and LA.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
huh

maybe he's going for a "I respect your opinion. remember when we respected opinions?" kind of thing

Could be. I don't see any likes on my tweet now, though--maybe he accidentally hit the like button, or misunderstood that I was criticizing him.

Yeah dudes stop saying CP and say what it really is.

idk, I get why some people might not use the full word--Twitter, for instance, has character limits, and it's possible that the full word might trigger someone more than the abbreviation? but at the same time I get that people who just use the abbreviation might be doing it so others don't know what it means.