• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Cishet white man thinks women have power and are causing destruction simply because they are speaking up??? Ask me if I'm surprised --

fake-shock-gif-2.gif

Oct 30, 2017
This is the perfect time for Heroin Dante's VA to swoop in and gain some love. I honestly think that the series is done for a while so the only thing to do is remember all of this if this person tries to do the convention circuit.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
This dude has been the VA for Dante going back to 4, including Marvel vs. Capcom since then. It's entirely possible nobody really has much of an idea about his personal beliefs - or didn't fully grasp them in context
Why the hell should they be concerned with his personal beliefs throughout the '00s? Being hypercritical of someone's social viewpoints save for things like outright racist or anti-semetic statements is a recent issue that companies react to.
He's voiced his beliefs recently though—what are you even referring to here?
I thought you were referring to like, over time.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
People shouldn't be surprised anymore whwn someone turns out to be a pos.

Trump happened.
It's likelier that someone is a pos than not.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be funny and surreal if Tim Phillipps replaced Reuben Langdon. You would get the voice from DmC but the character from DMC.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just find any excuse to try and stir this pot huh
There's no pot stirring here, I just find it amusing that Reuben's social feed is filled with nonsense while Tim's is like wholesome and normal. I mean, it's funny how selective this outrage of yours is since I don't see you complaining when people bring up Drew Coombs.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You all want to play Last of Us 2 but it is very likely he will be involved and very likely motion capture in scenes that will be remembered in the annuls of history.

All the shock, horror and crying, very likely Langdon will be there.

You may not hear him, but you will see him staining your favorite moments.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
You all want to play Last of Us 2 but it is very likely he will be involved and very likely motion capture in scenes that will be remembered in the annuls of history.

Sd3NiEv.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As of now, I can see 2 potential issues on Capcom's end with regards to recasting Reuben Langdon.
  1. His mo-cap studio, Just Cause Productions, being commonly used throughout the industry (Sekiro being a recent example, & possibly The Last of Us Part II).
  2. His friendship with Itsuno.
The biggest problem would be the former, as Capcom has gone to said studio numerous times for their titles. Even outside of Just Cause Productions, Reuben Langdon is commonly used in mo-cap productions in gaming (Ex: Spider-Man PS4). With that said, the latter would also be an issue considering that Capcom almost lost Itsuno once before (& Itsuno is hot off the heels of DMC5's success & is likely working on his next project right now).

In short, normally the best solution would be to just replace Reuben. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the two factors mentioned above are what's making Capcom's investigation take so long. Granted, maybe Capcom already smoothed things over with Itsuno & got a new mo-cap studio lined up that's not co-owned by Reuben. But we just don't know right now.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Genghis Khan: United the mongol tribes and conquered Asia
Alexander Graham Bell: Invented the telephone
Reuben Langdon: The first human to interview extradimensionals

checks out

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Corridor Digital just put out a video where Reuben Langdon impersonated Keanu Reeves via deepfake technology.

Fucking hell, I just started watching these guys too.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

someone is very likely scared to type annals

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Corridor Digital just put out a video where Reuben Langdon impersonated Keanu Reeves via deepfake technology.

Fucking hell, I just started watching these guys too.
I wouldn't read too much into it, it's probable that they simply have no idea (I sure as hell wouldn't have known either without seeing this thread). I've been scanning YT, Facebook and Youtube comments, and nobody brings up Langdon's issues either (because you'd think someone would). I mean, they recently did a vlog prominently featuring a trans woman working with them (specifically working on the Lotus helmet prop), and the crew are really cool guys in general.

Last edited:

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I wouldn't read too much into it, it's probable that they simply have no idea (I sure as hell wouldn't have known either without seeing this thread). I've been scanning YT, Facebook and Youtube comments, and nobody brings up Langdon's issues either (because you'd think someone would). I mean, they recently did a vlog prominently featuring a trans woman working with them (specifically working on the Lotus helmet prop), and the crew are really cool guys in general.
They worked with Logan Paul on a flat earth documentary

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They worked with Logan Paul on a flat earth documentary
No, they did VFX shots on a documentary about flat-earthists. They even make fun of flat-earthers in the vlog about it and are astounded that so many people go to flat-earth conventions. They even address the issue of doing a podcast with Logan Paul rather maturely.

Don't peddle bullshit like that, man.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
No, they did VFX shots on a documentary about flat-earthists. They even make fun of flat-earthers in the vlog about it and are astounded that so many people go to flat-earth conventions. They even address the issue of doing a podcast with Logan Paul rather maturely.

Don't peddle bullshit like that, man.
It's just another example of them working with a trash human being. I like the Corridor guys and most of their vids but I'm not going to ignore their issues.

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sadly not many people know about this so Langdon will most likely not face any consequences that would push him to becoming a better person. It's awesome that Eurogamer and Newsweek reported on it, that was great on them. Sadly no one else did.

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reuben just voiced acted Dante in Teppen and I think that new DMC mobile game coming out soon. He's not going anywhere.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
So because the Corridor Crew video was brought up, we might as well bring up their "how we did it" video they posted today:

The parts focusing on Langdon are actually incredibly small: he's only referred to by first name, none of his social media is linked or mentioned, and the biggest reference they make is noting how he voiced "Ken in Smash Ultimate". Hell, they make it very clear their hiring process was "He's a voice actor, he's available, and he's 5'11'', so fuck it bring him over." Langdon might as well have just been some guy as far as they were concerned - at the end of the day, he's little more than a tool Corridor used to showcase their deepfake tech.

And that's unfortunately the harsh truth with this - people hiring him aren't even looking at his past remarks, let alone giving a shit about them, because as far as their concerned he's just another guy. He'd need to be a Mignogna-level liability for anyone to care otherwise.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Oh god damnit.

At least Clemps and Austin Eruption are still good. Right..........right?!
No one is good.

I would advise to not put your hopes in anyone you don't know personally. If we actually knew the ppl personally behind some of our favorite games, we probably wouldn't have anything to play lol

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does "Black lives matter" forgive? BLM isn't a retrospective movement, churning over some long past injustice. BLM is a reaction to the current and on-going police-on-minority violence that goes unchecked. That's like asking a victim to forgive their attack mid-beating.

going after me too and BLM is, to a T, victim blaming.