• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 60135

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 21, 2019
I'm not entirely sure how a grown adult can see someone tweet "the random carjacking I was a target of was actually an assassination attempt because I research aliens" and go "yes, this is an intelligent person who was clearly just taken out of context by repeating his words verbatim" but I guess basing your YouTube career around like one company does that.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You know the problem with sexual harrasment? Its the victims who are assaulted....also movements around black people being unreasonably shot by cops is 'too far'.

White people man....

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely sure how a grown adult can see someone tweet "the random carjacking I was a target of was actually an assassination attempt because I research aliens" and go "yes, this is an intelligent person who was clearly just taken out of context by repeating his words verbatim" but I guess basing your YouTube career around like one company does that.
Yeah, it's really stupid. How is it out of context? The context is provided in whole, a recording of him speaking!

Sadly, we have entered the stage of "He's not facing any consequences for his actions."

Capcom never said anything more, and continues to use Langdon in projects. Langdon returned to the podcast this went down on, doubling down on what he said. Hell, the section about this on his Wikipedia page is now gone.

Langdon, if you somehow ever see this, I hope you'll one day take responsibility for your actions and understand the damage these thoughts and words have and work on correcting them. You can believe in aliens all day, everyday. But maybe you can work on understanding human victims too.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Another one? I feel like the whole DMC cast has had negative news like this...

Capcom either isn't investigating before hiring them or doesn't care, smh...

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Man one of the worst things I've come across is the way QAnon shit will pop up on my fb feed from Hollywood stunt people. I have no doubt in my mind Ruben has pushed that shit.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Musk supporters continuing to be fucking idiots. Of fucking course this dipshit is one of them.
I won't call myself a Musk supporter, but I did use to like the guy. His reaction to the pandemic has made me realize he's a fucking idiot though, and even though I like some of the stuff his companies work on, that won't stop me from criticizing his stupidity. As for Reuben, it's such a fucking shame that Dante will be forever tied to this guy, his opinions are fucking vomit-inducing.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I almost think this is worth a new thread, such a prominent voice actor should not be saying such dangerous shit and if I was any company that worked with him I'd be pulling the fucking leash right now.

Just fuck all these dumbass fucks who think being told not to go out in the middle of a fucking quarantine is fucking fascist.

Just.......FUCK ALL OF THEM.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Quarantine hurts Musk's bottom line, calling it fascist is just him lighting up the idiot protestors who put pressure on the government. He knows what he's doing.

I guess Reuben is one of those idiots.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I wasn't super aware of what a piece of shit this guy was when I played DMC5 last year but now, a replay of that game or the other's he's in is gonna be tough. Guess I still have DMC1, 2 and the Ninja Theory one.

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I almost think this is worth a new thread, such a prominent voice actor should not be saying such dangerous shit and if I was any company that worked with him I'd be pulling the fucking leash right now.

Just fuck all these dumbass fucks who think being told not to go out in the middle of a fucking quarantine is fucking fascist.

Just.......FUCK ALL OF THEM.
I welcome any new threads made about this. His laundry list of bigotry is insane. There isn't even enough space in the thread title to detail all of it, such as this recent crap, believing QAnon, and being an 8chan supporter.

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 is the ultimate monkey paw game. A near-perfect sequel to a franchise that was on hold for over a decade. But some of the most prominent people involved with it are pure garbage.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
Please, just shut up Reuben. Don't do this to yourself... Just keep doing fine work with Dante and Ken Masters and act like a sane human being, okay?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks because Dante is one my favorite characters ever, and a lot of it comes from what Langdon has brought to the character in DMC3 and 4.
But I really hope Capcom will cut ties and he'll be replaced, sooner than later, so we can finally be done with it...
Problem is, his company does a lot of stuff, with Capcom and many others. He's not "just" a voice actor, otherwise they probably would have replaced him already. And he's friends with important people at Capcom, because of many years of good collaboration... But that shouldn't matter anymore, he has gone too far, for too long.
It was fine when he was just talking about stupid alien stuff on his facebook, it was clear he was fucking crazy, but it didn't hurt anyone. That's simply not the case anymore. It pains me, but he's not only a crazy idiot, he's a garbage human being, a disgusting piece of shit.

Fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
I know there was the racist video from the guy who voiced Morrison and Reuben. Was there anything else?

The original vocalist for Subhuman sexually harrassed a 16 year old.

It sucks because Dante is one my favorite characters ever, and a lot of it comes from what Langdon has brought to the character in DMC3 and 4.
But I really hope Capcom will cut ties and he'll be replaced, sooner than later, so we can finally be done with it...

I think their best move would be to give Dante a rest for a game or two. It makes narrative sense at this point to give Nero his own game and Lady and Trish their own game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No excuse is needed. Simply recast the role if it comes to that. Dante shouldn't vanish from the series forever. It's his series.

If a character like Solid Snake can survive a recasting, so can Dante.
The series is pretty strongly transitioning to Nero being the lead.

Im just saying if they wanted a game without Dante it be easiest to go with him.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I doubt Capcom will do anything and will keep working with him and his company.
That dude voicing Morrison has two roles in 5 he should have got axed too. Reuben as a voice actor can bs easily replaced. I don't know about Just Cause though.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Solid snake didnt get recast tho
A different VA for Solid Snake vs Big Boss, whatever. You get what I mean.

The series is pretty strongly transitioning to Nero being the lead.

Im just saying if they wanted a game without Dante it be easiest to go with him.
I'm cool with a Nero focused game, and I'm even fine with the series never having Dante as the main character again. But I don't think the future of the series should be totally Dante-free.

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has released a statement that they support Black Lives Matter and has post-poned an event. While it's great to get this statement from them, I can't help but feel it ring hollow when they were made aware of Langdon's comments criticising Black Lives Matter and continue to use him in their projects with no further comment on the matter.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Capcom has released a statement that they support Black Lives Matter and has post-poned an event. While it's great to get this statement from them, I can't help but feel it ring hollow when they were made aware of Langdon's comments criticising Black Lives Matter and continue to use him in their projects with no further comment on the matter.

Like I said before, I think it's unfortunate, but Langdon isn't just Dante's voice actor, he's the head of a huge mocap studio that a ton of Japanese dev teams frequently use. Even if they replace him for Dante, Capcom will still have to deal with him.