• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie crossed the line by going Horseshoe for calling Warren "Elitist"
Warren broke friend confidentiality by revealing words from a private conversation out in public the day before a debate.

Both need the others' support. Both are doing the opposite LOL

Sanders did not call her "elite," a random volunteer script posted by someone who had only ever posted in the volunteer Slack a single time did. A script that was deleted shortly after it was posted, to avoid confusion.

You all are so into the facts of these things supposedly, but not the facts of what is happening from the other half of this whole pre-debate blow up.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has committed to caucusing for Bernie in Iowa, his supporters have made EtcetEra fucking intolerable.

Funnily enough, centrists have done the same for me. Not a day goes by where Era is not inundated by 'settle for as little as possible and shut the fuck up about it' type posts.

Oct 25, 2017
using the same insults that Trump and Republicans use to describe a Democrat primary opponent is Full Horseshoe

*I'm not a Warren supporter
"Full Horseshoe" is not a thing mate, just stop.
And no, citing 'elitism' isn't a Republican/Trump take, that is completely ahistorical.
It's a common class talking point, co-opted by Right Wingers.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
using the same insults that Trump and Republicans use to describe a Democrat primary opponent is Full Horseshoe

*I'm not a Warren supporter
edit: corrected after google search, horseshoe theory states that both far left and right are the same in much more than one type of shared insults. not to mention its a stupid theory anyway considering the vast differences between Communism and Fascists, which are the two furthest ends of the left - right

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When did Bernie call Warren elitist? Not American so I don't spend as much time keeping up with the election as many of others in this probably do

Fishhook theory on the other hand...
it didn't happen. Some volunteer from his campaign apparently posted a script of suggestions of how to reach out to Warren supporters which labelled them as well-educated and wealthier. Warren herself took this and spun it as "Bernie is sending his volunteers to trash my campaign".

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Funnily enough, centrists have done the same for me. Not a day goes by where Era is not inundated by 'settle for as little as possible and shut the fuck up about it' type posts.

Most moderates I've known have been somewhat misguided people who mostly seek protection under the law and fear reprisal from the power-hungry ghouls. I do not share their belief but as someone weary of war I understand it.

ERA is one of the few places where centrists and moderates are open about the operating principles being null and void to the point where they will all but admit that fact openly. It's why I'm much less patient here, because I have no sympathy for this view.

Oct 25, 2017
I like how after I said Sanders fans have made Etcetera fucking intolerable, one of them decided to prove me right by searching through my post history to figure out if I was a "true believer."
You're not unfamiliar. And the irony wasn't lost on me, but someone with such vitriol against Sanders so recently strikes me as the type of person who would come into a thread like this and single out Sanders supporters here as insufferable.

At any rate I am fine with you finding me intolerable and glad to hear you actively support him. I'm not in the US and find the apathy upsetting.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
it didn't happen. Some volunteer from his campaign apparently posted a script of suggestions of how to reach out to Warren supporters which labelled them as well-educated and wealthier. Warren herself took this and spun it as "Bernie is sending his volunteers to trash my campaign".
oh they were talking about that? I never read the script as I found out it was bullshit pretty quickly after the initial talk about, so didn't know anything about elitism was in it

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, mostly because it doesn't contain any commitment for you to do any tone policing, it's just a demand that poliera posters do more of it, and a suggestion that if we would just do a better job we wouldn't get personally attacked. Why don't you be clear about what you, personally, intend to do to improve the situation, rather than just making demands on others?

It's an internet message board, nothing we do here is productive. Be the change.
I didn't demand it. It was a suggestion and was one made when you tried to suggest that the label poliera gets is equivalent to your daughter just screaming about life being unfair. You asked for who or what it was that was the issue and I gave you one recent example of what people are talking about. Also if youre going to act like being called poliera is a personal attack than boy, do we need to have a conversation about the way bernie supporters get labeled here. Because equating being called "poliera" to the attacks from it such as bernie troll not worth talking to, and the posters there continuing to imply bernie supporters are like trump supporters (and are sexist) is patently absurd. Maybe you can tell me what ya'll would like to be called and I can start using that label for you if you would prefer it but dont act like its not a far cry from the rhetoric routinely used about bernie supporters in these threads (and that one) to being labeled "poliera". Asking me what I will do before you agree to tone down the hyperbole tho is about as indicative for how productive this conversation is going to be. I offered an olive branch, you decided to make it about me expecting demands.

And yes, nothing matters on internet discussion boards but we can also not act disingenuous about why certain labels get used on said boards in the capacity for which they do.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is a negative Millionaire and owes money to foreign interests. He's not a Billionaire, he's a bum.

How is this going to help? When you;'re part of the elite theres literally no failure, nothing matters and you always rebound. To attack that would be to attack everyone in the deeply corrupt New York real estate business that would implicate that more then a few Democrats running RIGHT NOW and powerful donors are equally fucking everyone over.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
oh they were talking about that? I never read the script as I found out it was bullshit pretty quickly after the initial talk about, so didn't know anything about elitism was in it
There wasn't anything about "elitism" on it. And we still don't know if this was even widely used.

Also, I am hopeful Sanders does well in the debate tonight. It's extremely important to beat Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg.

modpost - thread guidelines

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Please stay on topic. We believe that there's room to discuss this issue without descending into inflammatory generalizations, hostile accusations, pointless sniping, and metacommentary. If everyone can't do this, we'll enforce the rules as needed.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
praying for a satisfying conclusion to what is ostensibly just a little dustup between friends wherein one denies using blanket sexist language and the other continues to assert her version of the year-old conversation that's made public 20 days before voting

🙏🙏🙏

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
This is so pointless. If you really believe in the progressive values of either of them, you'll vote for either of them.

This infighting by a small minority of bernie fans that don't like warren or warren fans that don't like bernie, only hurts both candidates.

(and it's a minority on this board according to the other poll thread)

The anti will turn this into a mountain of course, no doubt.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure what else needs to be said. The moderators will bring it up during the debates and they have to clarify what was said. Anything less will continue to have supporters continuing the "he said, she said" shitshow.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is so pointless. If you really believe in the progressive values of either of them, you'll vote for either of them.

This infighting by a small minority of bernie fans that don't like warren or warren fans that don't like bernie, only hurts both candidates.

(and it's a minority on this board according to the other poll thread)

The anti will turn this into a mountain of course, no doubt.
Yep, pretty much spot on. I like Bernie, but Warrens an easy 2nd choice.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Warren will get asked about this in the debate and she pivots into asking Bernie to take a selfie with her.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Trump weighing in...
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-sanders-said-a-women-cant-win-the-presidency
Trump appeared to defend the Vermont senator amid the claims while speaking to supporters at a rally in Milwaukee, Wis., saying, "I don't know him. I don't particularly like him, but I don't believe he said it," adding that it's "not the kind of thing he'd say."

The president then said he believed a woman can win the presidency, before adding "fortunately" and chuckling, an apparent tongue-in-cheek reference to his 2016 victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Deleted member 33412

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Tokyo
My God what a clown show. Ffs can't believe Warren brought this up as a gotya. She is still my candidate of choice and her statement is a decent recovery of the situation.