• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Kanye West's total embrace of President Donald Trump may be starting to have real-world implications beyond Twitter.

According to the results of a Reuters weekly tracking poll released this week, support for the president among black men doubled from 11 percent, for the week ending April 22, to 22 percent, for the week ending April 29. The approval numbers are the highest Trump has enjoyed in the survey among black men all year.

The timing is noteworthy since the rapper began to go public with his pro-Trump views on April 21, first tweeting support for right-wing pundit Candace Own on April 21. Four days later, he proclaimed "love" for POTUS and his "dragon energy" — and posted a selfie in which he wore a MAGA hat.

--
https://www.thewrap.com/black-male-support-trump-doubles-kanye-west/

yall what is going ON

this is so scary

Mzh3C2m.gif

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
As a black male myself, I am literally shaking my head at them. You're going to support someone who's racist against you & doesn't give a fuck about any of you?

Idiots.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what would happen if Kanye kneeled for the anthem.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The approval numbers are the highest Trump has enjoyed in the survey among black men all year.

So, does that mean that there was a time in his presidency so far where his approval rating was as high or higher than it was is now with black men?

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blip on the radar until the next police shooting.

The fact that it's fickle enough to change like this is very frightening, though. I feel like we're basically on the path to his re-election at this point. If he can just siphen a relatively decent amount of black voters, it's over

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
As a black male myself, I am literally shaking my head at them. You're going to support someone who's racist against you & doesn't give a fuck about any of you?

Idiots.
Self hatred is a thing.

Just like there are Honduran-Americans who voted for Trump and now their compatriots are gonna get booted out of US or lose work permits and live in shadows.

I don't know man but folks like this need to be woke somehow. They are fighting among themselves for god knows what reasons.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh ffs.

I thougt as a people we were better than this at this point.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
There will always be racoons desperate to be accepted by albino alligators. That said, the sample size of this survey isn't even remotely sizeable enough to draw conclusions. Did you get this topic from lipstick alley, niece?

OP
OP
woman

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
There will always be racoons desperate to be accepted by albino alligators. That said, the sample size of this survey isn't even remotely sizeable enough to draw conclusions. Did you get this topic from lipstick alley, niece?
are you a s t a t i s t i c i a n ?

but anyway, i feel like this is a good launching pad for a discussion on how cishet black men are most prone to break away from the black community and what we can do to prevent that from happening because we need them

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
While we shouldn't disregard it altogether, this could just be statistical noise. From the article:
While the burst in approval is an intriguing data point, the figures might also be a statistical anomaly. The sample sizes of black men surveyed for both weeks was well under 200 people.
Depending on the sample, you can have a few outliers distorting the entire poll. Ideally you have a bunch of polls so you can look at the average.

This also reminds me of this: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/...-is-distorting-national-polling-averages.html
Our Trump-supporting friend in Illinois is a surprisingly big part of the reason. In some polls, he's weighted as much as 30 times more than the average respondent, and as much as 300 times more than the least-weighted respondent.

Alone, he has been enough to put Mr. Trump in double digits of support among black voters. He can improve Mr. Trump's margin by 1 point in the survey, even though he is one of around 3,000 panelists.

Edit: I'd really want to see more polling before making any conclusions. The article makes it seem like there's a causation between the polling results and Kanye's endorsement, which seems kind of premature.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reuters' Polling thingy is cool Let's me go all the way back to the week ending with April 2 that shows that 35% of black men approved of Trump. WTF?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
200 people? That's not a big enough sample size. They probably asked the same idiots who believe R Kelly did nothing wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
statistical noise or not, kanye definitely has significant sway with heterosexual black men. wouldn't be surprised to see this again.

Aphexian

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking dumbass sheep man, why do people just go along with the politics of their favorite person rather than making their own informed decisions?

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Freaking out about a single poll is bad enough. Freaking out about a subsample of a single poll is just beyond absurd.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
As a general rule of life, a minimum of 33% of any sampled group will inevitably be complete fucking morons.

So this sucks, but hey, still way ahead of the curve.