• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The kind of person who switches political affiliation based on a Kanye tweet ain't voting. And even if he does he's gonna vote for whoever Kanye talks about in two months when everyone else hates him.

Also - see what happens when grown ass adults realized or notice Kanye is try and act like their king.

Also polling showed that Hillary is currently president and that Michael Jackson was totes normal.

element252

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you support Trump because Kayne West does, then you are stupid. No one should support any president or politican simply because a celebrity is endorsing them. People should think for themselves.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Don't take this at face-value. Copying my post from the other thread:

Technically true, but it's not an unforeseen fluctuation if you check the history of the polling data with African Americans, which looks a bit like a sine wave (also their web app doesn't appear to have error information so it could just be sampling error).

tl;dr: There is no reliable, stable increase following Kanye's support if you look beyond just last week and this week, it's pretty much just a normal fluctuation until it's sustained (if it ends up being sustained).

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Freaking out about a single poll is bad enough. Freaking out about a subsample of a single poll is just beyond absurd.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. This could be a million things.
Pulling out information about demographics from individual polls is going to give you some wild results sometimes.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
200 people as a subset of panelists isn't out of the norm, y'all. That's pretty much in-line with other leading polls (e.g. Pew, based on their average totals) would have too, and Reuters is amongst them.

Obviously, don't freak out, and obviously, larger sample-size = greater statistical power, but this is pretty standard, and limited by survey means and resources (and these samples are expensive AF to continually poll as is) that you'd only really get a more generalizable result if someone literally has been waiting for Kanye to go off the rails and had this specific study question in mind for years.

It's definitely a bold headline to have a limitation like that, for sure.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The obsession with celebrity really is a cancer on the human race. People create stupid emotional attachments with people they don't know, brands, corporations, fictional characters etc. It just seems to be getting worse.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing to think back to that thread where people were criticizing Eminem's flow and lyrics on his anti-Trump rant.

SillyGoose

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a one off, but if Republicans get 20% of the black vote then democrats will never win a national election.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the video of Trump bragging in the other thread I want to throw up

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this earlier on CNN because Trump bragged about it during his NRA Speech

11. "Kanye West must have some power because you probably saw, I doubled my African-American poll numbers. We went from 11 to 22 in one week. Thank you, Kanye, thank you."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/04/politics/donald-trump-speech-nra/index.html

He must mean 11 dudes to 22 dudes.

I think this is a one off, but if Republicans get 20% of the black vote then democrats will never win a national election.

If Republicans get 20 percent of the black vote I'm about to fucking move. It'd be disgraceful.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
People lined up for all things Yeezy and worshiped him. This is what you get.

ham bone

Alt account
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
In good news maybe if more black celebs condemn Trump more black male voters will vote against him?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Koonye and fuck these people that support Trump now because a stupid rapper does. Unlike Kanye those people aren't rich so Trumps policies are going to directly negatively effect them.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
In good news maybe if more black celebs condemn Trump more black male voters will vote against him?

I would not be Shocked if Pence steps down as Vice President and Trump offers Kanye West the job in 2020, that is more likely than speaking against Trump or blacks voting against him having an effect. What did he get last time 8%? That is way too many black people with MAGA hats

Mar 10, 2018
I didn't even think Kanye still had that many black fans (before this Trump stuff, I mean). Anecdotally speaking, I was one of the very few black dudes I knew who still really fucked with Kanye heavy post-Yeezus. Most had already moved on to Drake/Future/Kendrick/Migos/etc. It was an eye-opener coming into college and seeing just how many white people love Kanye.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
As a black male myself, I am literally shaking my head at them. You're going to support someone who's racist against you & doesn't give a fuck about any of you?

Idiots.

No that's not far enough and describes most politicians in general.

We are talking about someone who views you as sub human.

Oct 26, 2017
Ahhh, percentages.

Remember during the general election when the stats said the number of black Americans whom voted gop went up 100%...from 4% to 8%?