• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is an interesting point that I didn't really notice until you pointed it out. I'd like to see more posters respond to this point.

They should, but they won't.

They're too busy peddling their defeatist narrative and thinking that 2020 is somehow automatically a lock for Trump because of headlines like this without bothering to look at the finer details.

They think Trump won in some incredible landslide that makes any hope of him losing completely moot by default. Never mind just how historically unpopular he is despite the economy being good right now.

They accuse the right of using mental gymnastics to pursue their narrative when they don't realize they're doing the exact same thing, only for a defeatist narrative. They think Trump is this invincible, monolithic thing that will win no matter what despite so much evidence that shows that the contrary is also very possible as well and even more likely.

That's why when threads show up showing Trump gaining even a little support, they automatically assume it's true. But when threads show up saying Trump is losing support and Dems are gaining traction, THAT's when they start questioning it. Hell, they don't even do that. They just automatically assume it's wrong because 2016!

It's lazy, it's dumb, and it's just so damn headache inducing.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly not surprising to me that people who are susceptible to one cult of personality are susceptible to another this easily.

Anyone simple enough to buy into Kanye's politics may as well go all in for Trump because it's just more narcissistic nonsense.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
And then there are tons of people ready to jump on this note to make inferences and racial slurs towards black men at the drop of the hat in this very thread.

This is already circulating throughout shea butter twitter circles.

Perhaps the thing I hate most about this insinuation is that it plays into the right wing idea that black people (in this case black men) are stupid, don't think for themselves and just need to be educated ("republicans freed the slaves!") in order to become republicans. This is a poll with a sample size of 200 black men, for a weekly tracking poll that fluctuates pretty dramatically on a weekly basis. I understand why this is effective click bait on the far right, but this is getting mainstream traction and there are even people in this thread hand wringing over it. Jesus fucking christ, kill me.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
It continues to amaze me how people are so easily manipulated to go against their own best interests.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

They're too busy peddling their defeatist narrative and thinking that 2020 is somehow automatically a lock for Trump because of headlines like this without bothering to look at the finer details.

They think Trump won in some incredible landslide that makes any hope of him losing completely moot by default. Never mind just how historically unpopular he is despite the economy being good right now.

They accuse the right of using mental gymnastics to pursue their narrative when they don't realize they're doing the exact same thing, only for a defeatist narrative. They think Trump is this invincible, monolithic thing that will win no matter what despite so much evidence that shows that the contrary is also very possible as well and even more likely.

That's why when threads show up showing Trump gaining even a little support, they automatically assume it's true. But when threads show up saying Trump is losing support and Dems are gaining traction, THAT's when they start questioning it. Hell, they don't even do that. They just automatically assume it's wrong because 2016!

For your own sake, discontinue being emotional about it online. Refute your fellow dems with facts and knowledge and treat every post you see with a sprit of non-attachment.

It will sustain you in debates and it may even improve the quality of your (internet) life, depending on how this is making you feel.

The only idiots that deserve emotional responses, if any, are the ones that want to cause you direct harm.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Kanye West is a moron who doesn't even understand his own influence. He is so eager to name drop affluent and respected white men.

Joe Budden had it right. Stop giving him a pass.

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
Some of yaw'll don't realize there is a mainly black woman hating "post racial" deluded splinter cell of black men who are infecting others with their madness Kanye is just one of the most well known.

Look up Tommy Sotomayor, nothings changed on Kanye's words, they just feel the need to be more open. All kanye is doing is making an existing plague more bold, the fact the black community responded so vehemently and swiftly helps me keep faith that the few Sambo type's won't ever be a majority or near enough to one to do any real damage.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is already circulating throughout shea butter twitter circles.

Perhaps the thing I hate most about this insinuation is that it plays into the right wing idea that black people (in this case black men) are stupid, don't think for themselves and just need to be educated ("republicans freed the slaves!") in order to become republicans. This is a poll with a sample size of 200 black men, for a weekly tracking poll that fluctuates pretty dramatically on a weekly basis. I understand why this is effective click bait on the far right, but this is getting mainstream traction and there are even people in this thread hand wringing over it. Jesus fucking christ, kill me.

As I said earlier, it was at 35% in April 2017. We shouldn't read too much into it.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
A bunch of fucking morons. I will never understand how poc can support a man and his family who quite clearly doesn't give a fuck about marginalized poc and are willing to use them as props. My fellow black women let's step it up and outshine these losers.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
For your own sake, discontinue being emotional about it online. Refute your fellow dems with facts and knowledge and treat every post you see with a sprit of non-attachment.

It will sustain you in debates and it may even improve the quality of your (internet) life, depending on how this is making you feel.

The only idiots that deserve emotional responses, if any, are the ones that want to cause you direct harm.

I understand that, but when fellow Dems are even going so far as to discredit facts and knowledge based on their emotions because of one election, it's kind of hard not to feel some kind of irritation.

It's almost like arguing with hardcore Trump supporters, only its worse here because these are the kind of people that are supposed to be on our side, only they've given up and are inadvertently encouraging other people to give up by pushing their defeatist narratives every time they post.

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL

Its actually this poll that's got me worried: https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/reuters-ipsos-data-core-political-2018-05-04
He really is gaining in popularity. This is going to be a problem for the midterms.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this thread is a fun throwback to read

Bump - didn't want to make a new thread for this, but Kanye wants people to vote Republican because Democrat is "not the power"

"When I run for president in 2024, we're going to definitely- yo whatchu all laughing at?" West reacted to the laughing crowd. "When I run for president in 2024, we would've created so many jobs that, in fact, I'm going to walk
exactly

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
5b004e_5502d012feeb4e699c26913979ecde8e~mv2.png

Kanye is mentally unsound and deranged. Just like Trump.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Hi! Black person here and something smells wrong about this poll. Kanye wasn't monolithically loved even before these shenanigans, and if anything I would make an argument it has less to do with hypebeasts and Kanye stans (who come in all douchebag colors, shapes, sizes) and if anything (and I stress anything) his born again pimping of black church signifiers which might play well with conservative leaning black male church folks who believe in the grift.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
His support among black dudes doubled? So now he's got what, 10 black guys in the country voting for him. I bet Ben Carson won't even vote for him

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
This is stupid as all hell to bump up this old thread based on a one off questionable poll from nearly 2 years ago.