• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
z_5d9c2f1994cdc.jpg

João Seixas who works as an editor for Record.pt (one of the biggest sports magazines in Portugal covering their gaming side) had some glowing praise to throw Death Stranding's way. While he can't reveal anything now (due to being under embargo), he thinks that it is one of the best games in the history of video games and that it isn't for everyone. I feel this warranted its own little thread instead of sitting in the review embargo thread as this is the very first impression we've gotten on the game from a reviewer/journalist. Remember that Death Stranding has had no hands on preview events or the like so it'll be interesting to see if more people playing the game corroborate Seixas' feelings in the coming weeks. Cheers to nilstrung for bringing this to our attention.
Hideo Kojima's masterpiece is not for everyone. The universe of Gaming is made up of experts and casuals. There is rarely a middle ground when it comes to knowledge, taste or passion for video games. Some play from time to time, others play a lot but always at the same games and then there are the others - the freaks who play long hours, many games and on all platforms.
It serves this more serious (and provocative) introduction to declare that after we jump into Death Stranding analysis, while we may not reveal anything at all for now, we already have a roughly defined idea - it's by far one of the best games ever made in the history of video games.
We retrieve the statements from game author Hideo Kojima about how he shifted from the usual industry determinism to launch a game where he did everything he wanted. And I'm glad that was so…
"So far I've been playing games. And I've always had to give up one thing or another to get things done. But this time everything was different. I'm confident we worked on something completely different from what we've seen so far. It's my best I have been working so far and I am very confident of what I have done, "he said.

The cynic in me might just see this as the usual hyperbole but I do think Kojima is on to something here. Something GOAT-tier though? Only time will tell.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well of course. Kojima isn't gonna make a bad game now is he? Mgs5 is still the best playing stealth game ever made and that's even with all the trouble he has with konami.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The universe of Gaming is made up of experts and casuals. There is rarely a middle ground when it comes to knowledge, taste or passion for video games. Some play from time to time, others play a lot but always at the same games and then there are the others - the freaks who play long hours, many games and on all platforms.
I'mma peace out now

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greatest video game in the history of mankind surpassing in impact the strength of A THOUSAND UNIVERSE-CREATING BIG BANGS AAAAA

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it is meant to be quite the unique experience, but we may be looking at a game a lot of people won't like. Could be pretty divisive, given the emphasis on traversal and the slow pace. Some people just aren't into that.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Im sure this game will be at least good, but when a professional reviewer goes "best in the history of..." thats when i check out

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ah the amazing. Its great but its not for everyone quote.

This game is gonna have the "if you dont like it, you probably dont get it" narrative.

Plum

May 31, 2018
"It's not for everyone"

Ah, the classier way of saying that "haters just won't get it."

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I won't be far off with my 100 MC prediction. ;p

The game is going to be critically acclaimed and different than most AAA stuff, but something i still don't know if will enjoy. TGS demo didn't looked fun to play?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Bitter from the first reply lmfao

Nobody's going to be groaning when people say this about The Last of Us 2.

Oct 25, 2017
November 5th: Garfield Kart: Furious Racing
November 8th: Death Stranding

It has big competition on the same week.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Better not, not like Death Stranding or else you're a mountain dew sipping, dorito munching dude bro normie who has no taste in high art.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hideo Kojima's masterpiece is not for everyone. The universe of Gaming is made up of experts and casuals. There is rarely a middle ground when it comes to knowledge, taste or passion for video games. Some play from time to time, others play a lot but always at the same games and then there are the others - the freaks who play long hours, many games and on all platforms.
The hell am I reading here?

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
The hell. We reviewers try to shut the hell up while playing this game and this guy thinks his shit smells too good to hold up the embargo? Stuff like this is bad for my line of work. Just shut up and talk about it november 1st like the rest of us mortal fools

Sep 12, 2018
The universe of Gaming is made up of experts and casuals. There is rarely a middle ground when it comes to knowledge, taste or passion for video games. Some play from time to time, others play a lot but always at the same games and then there are the others - the freaks who play long hours, many games and on all platforms.
Sir this is a Wendy's.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Kino?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not convinced about this game even after reading those excerpts. At least they liked it?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The review thread is going to be something special.

Get your popcorn ready, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.