• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
And it's currently sitting pretty at 75% in Rotten Tomatoes as well as a decent 50 Metacritics score.

NYT

The Gentlemen," the latest from the excitable British director Guy Ritchie, gives you exactly what you might expect from a Guy Ritchie movie that hasn't been constrained by studio decorousness (and ratings) or suavely tricked out with big-Hollywood cash.

Variety

Guy Ritchie returns to British gangster terrain for the first time since 2008, but an all-star ensemble can't enliven his stale, sometimes offensive material.

Hollywood Reporter

Guy Ritchie revisits his London gangster-comedy roots with Hugh Grant, Matthew McConaughey, Charlie Hunnam and Colin Farrell among those caught up in the complicated sale of a drug empire.

The Guardian

Matthew McConaughey, Michelle Dockery and Hugh Grant are amusingly cast, but that doesn't excuse the casual racism.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
75% is higher than I expected, but I love gangster movies and what I've seen of this one doesn't interest me in the slightest

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Sounds like this is extremely Guy Ritchie and I don't like Guy Ritchie movies (even Snatch & Lock Stock). Probably gonna be skipping this.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Double Toasted review has me excited for it. Martin really liked it.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Racism? Also where are the Henry Golding mentions in those blurbs?
There's definitely casual racism going on towards the Chinese characters. On one hand, the people saying them aren't exactly outstanding citizens, but on the other hand the guy next to me in the theater laughed at some of the slurs, so...

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from it. It was definitely a super simple movie in an overly complicated wrapper, but I quite liked it. And indeed there was a bit of racism coming from the white gangsters toward the Chinese gangsters, but considering the context I wouldn't say it reflects very badly on Guy Ritchie as a person.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I wish he'd do more films like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

One of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I hated this movie. Was so damn boring, I was struggling not to fall asleep like 15 minutes in, and eventually I thought "to hell with it, I should go to sleep" I fought it still seeing where it would go.. I regret it. Should have slept. Was just a lot of boring nonsense the whole way through.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely casual racism going on towards the Chinese characters. On one hand, the people saying them aren't exactly outstanding citizens, but on the other hand the guy next to me in the theater laughed at some of the slurs, so...
Oi. It is entirely isolated to them as well, where the entire Chinese cast is meant to be imitated or made fun of by our protags.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this movie last week and I enjoyed it.
I think Hugh Grant was the best thing about it

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Movie is fine, though it somehow wastes a
super team of YouTubing boxers coached by Colin Ferrell

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Those who like his movies, how does this compare to his other works?

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was Guy Ritchie's best movie. Really fun and the Hugh Grant/Hunnam chemistry was good.