• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character model / texture replacer do you like the most? (refer to post #269)

• Divine Bodies

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Tempered Skins

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Fatherland

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
You can but the in game menu is often fiddly and weird so it's often easier to find the mods and add them in your library from the website. But ultimately you have to activate them and arrange load order from within the game.
I never find the mods I'm looking for from within the game. Honestly, I spent more time looking and installing and managing mods than I did playing Skyrim last time. Maybe this is just one of the few games I don't prefer on console or maybe messing with the starting scripting threw me off. Or maybe I just didn't want to start from 0 lol.

Might give it another try when the special edition gets the free upgrades

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
I never find the mods I'm looking for from within the game. Honestly, I spent more time looking and installing and managing mods than I did playing Skyrim last time. Maybe this is just one of the few games I don't prefer on console or maybe messing with the starting scripting threw me off. Or maybe I just didn't want to start from 0 lol.

The in game search function is definitely weird and acts oddly at some time. Which is why I suggest you have to use it in conjunction with the website.

I've modded extensively on both PC and xbox and while modding it on PC is the better and deeper experience, I also enjoy modding it on xbox. The limitations actually make it weirdly enjoyable. I often end up with paralysis by analysis on PC because with so many options available, I spend my time modding the game over and over again trying to find some perfect cocktail that I'm never satisfied with. Where as the limitations on size and mod limit actually make me focus on xbox and I end up completing the modding process and actually playing the game more.

It's also simply a better experience on Series X than what it was for last gen. There are some mods that simply don't work with a big mod list on the base xbox. The system just can't handle it. But I was really happy on my last build on series X because I hit the mod limit and size limit and was actually able to use mods before that would have not been able to be played on the base model without crashing constantly.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
The in game search function is definitely weird and acts oddly at some time. Which is why I suggest you have to use it in conjunction with the website.

I've modded extensively on both PC and xbox and while modding it on PC is the better and deeper experience, I also enjoy modding it on xbox. The limitations actually make it weirdly enjoyable. I often end up with paralysis by analysis on PC because with so many options available, I spend my time modding the game over and over again trying to find some perfect cocktail that I'm never satisfied with. Where as the limitations on size and mod limit actually make me focus on xbox and I end up completing the modding process and actually playing the game more.

It's also simply a better experience on Series X than what it was for last gen. There are some mods that simply don't work with a big mod list on the base xbox. The system just can't handle it. But I was really happy on my last build on series X because I hit the mod limit and size limit and was actually able to use mods before that would have not been able to be played on the base model without crashing constantly.
Haha yea, I used the website. Going back and forth and messing with load orders and switching out equivalent mods to test them out. I mean it literally when I say I "played" skyrim mod management like a game lol. And when I was finally ready and all loaded up with my final mod order, I played for about 3 hours and haven't gone back to it haha.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Keep in mind I arranged the load order in a specific way because, As you say it is difficult to arrange load order within the game and it is very fiddly.

The load order is by design to be downloaded in it's exact order from top to bottom because newer mods are placed towards the bottom of the order, the download list is intended by design so there is no conflicts.

This is unfortunately the best I could do under the circumstances because tools like Mod Organizer 2 or LOOT simply don't exist on the Xbox.

With the the announcement of the Anniversary Edition I'm hoping they do expand the load limit to at least 7.5GB, 10GB would be great but I am not too hopeful.

I think the current load order should be ideal, but with some extra space I can put back some particularly essential weapons and armor texture packs I had to omit from the last revision I made. There is also the matter of the Xbox Series X CPU not being the pitiful Jaguar in the One / One X, and with a higher memory pool, I could put some of the more demanding mods such as one particular monster spawn pack that caused slowdown related issues.

Another problem is there was some Mod creator related drama that occured awhile back, this may have possibly led to a mod author getting pissy with the community and pulling their stuff from Bethesda.net. This is a problem is because if you already downloaded a mod despite it being removed as long as you don't delete it you are fine, but once you remove it you cannot recover it unless the author re-uploads it.

The last update was April 9th 2019 with some sporated changes up until December of last year. So I will definitely need to comb through the list to make sure there aren't any dead links in the case of missing mods for new folks wanting to check out the list.

Survival mods like iNeed, Frostfall, the Camping mod, and Hunterborn combined are probably still better than Bethesda's Survival mode, so there is always the option to choose one or or the other, but mixing is probably a bad idea to prevent some sort of conflict or overlap.

If anyone has suggestions I am more than all ears, I'd much rather make this the "Communities Load Order" rather than a large selection of my personal favorites. Would just need to weigh the pros and cons of what should be added and how it fits into the whole mix without disrupting the balance.

As a general rule I stick to gameplay improvement, new quests, new locations and landmasses, stuff that gives greater scope to the game, which is why you won't see Macho Man Dragons or Thomas the Tank Engine stuff.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Based on the recent Skyrim announcement we should resurrect the thread!

OP any updates to the mod and load list? Anything worthwhile came out last couple years from modding scene?

Hey. Sorry for the late response but I figure I quote you to let you know I acknowledge your post. I outlined the most recent info in the post above.

I've been itching to go over the modlist but I want to also wait in some kind of hope the Anniversary Edition comes with next-gen specific benefits such as a larger mod limit. If the limit is increased at all the potential will be huge and I can confidently say that Skyrim mods on Xbox would in a place that is comparable to the PC experience outside of SKSE specific stuff.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Modding skyrim is a game in and of itself.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Hey. Sorry for the late response but I figure I quote you to let you know I acknowledge your post. I outlined the most recent info in the post above.

I've been itching to go over the modlist but I want to also wait in some kind of hope the Anniversary Edition comes with next-gen specific benefits such as a larger mod limit. If the limit is increased at all the potential will be huge and I can confidently say that Skyrim mods on Xbox would in a place that is comparable to the PC experience outside of SKSE specific stuff.
Really appreciate the list since a lot of work went into that. And yes, mod limits expansion of some sort will be nice, but I am really not holding my breath. It would certainly make life easier though if that happened.

I will also look into my PC mod list to see if there are any mods I would suggest for Xbox, but really don't want to mess with existing setup since even adding a mod or two can introduce instability.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Really appreciate the list since a lot of work went into that. And yes, mod limits expansion of some sort will be nice, but I am really not holding my breath. It would certainly make life easier though if that happened.

I will also look into my PC mod list to see if there are any mods I would suggest for Xbox, but really don't want to mess with existing setup since even adding a mod or two can introduce instability.

I wrote out a PC mod list on post #41. I tried to put some descriptions for each but at some point I guess I stopped and dumped the rest. I should really get back to that and finish it. It's probably a bit outdated though.

Also there are some console exclusive mods. Typically stuff created by Tarshana. If you look at her profile on Nexus she doesn't have anything but there is a TON of stuff on Bethesda.net.

In fact she came up original template for the Load Order I use for Xbox. I also use several of her mods in my Xbox list. Another great mod author is EnaiSiaion who also goes under a different name of BrotherLaz (who was the original author of Median XL mod for Diablo II until he focused more on Skyrim under the new alias)

Two more excellent mod authors who stuff I highly recommend checking out is anything by Arthmoor (he and a well accomplished team did the Unofficial Patch project), and Chesko (Frostfall, Camping)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/3959191

Last edited:

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Great recommendations, will definitely check them out. I don't think I messed with my PC mod list for 2 years. :)

Last edited:
Xbox Series X - New 2021 Load Order
OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Latest load order is done. This is designed specifically for Xbox Series users. This Load Order MAY work on a Xbox One but I no longer own an Xbox One X to test and confirm reliability of the player not running into issues.

docs.google.com

OmegaDL50 Logical LO Spreadsheet

OmegaDL50's Prefered Load Order for Series X Total Space Remaining,-0.01,Mods,148,XBox Version: Series X MOD SECTIONS,MB,KB,QTY,NOTES ,WEBSITE Master Files Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch [XB1],346.1,1,ESSENTIAL - Do not omit or remove from load order,<a href="https://bethesda.net/en/mod...

Preface for modding
- Always start a clean save. Do not remove or add mods to an existing save. This will cause irrecoverable issues to that one save file permanently.
- To avoid installation issues, always install the largest size mods first. The order you download the mods does not matter, but the placement of mods in the list does. Once your load order starts to get to the upper limit of 5GB used, the larger mods will fail to download saying you don't have enough space. This can be circumvented by getting the largest files first and leave the smaller files towards the end. You can always sort your mods in the correct order in the end.

There is a spread of everything in this list. Graphics improvements to characters and world environments, entirely new quests and dungeons to discover, survival gameplay (Food, Weather, Hunting), much more dangerous encounters. While it's unfortunate the 5GB load limit still exists for Series X, I've tried to do my best to create a load order that close approximates to a PC mod list in nearly every facet. This is as close console modding will get to a PC load order. Have fun and enjoy!

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Wish there were a way to use mods without disabling achievements.

For a PC Load order this is possible, however achievements won't account for mod content like quest altering the outcome of a existing quest in the game tied to an achievement.

Bethesda cannot predict every possible outcome what players do their own game. Also there are mods that can immediately unlock every achievement earned in the game as soon as you start a new game. So it's a give and take situation.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Latest load order is done. This is designed specifically for Xbox Series users. This Load Order MAY work on a Xbox One but I no longer own an Xbox One X to test and confirm reliability of the player not running into issues.

docs.google.com

OmegaDL50's Prefered Load Order for Series X Total Space Remaining,-0.01,Mods,148,XBox Version: Series X MOD SECTIONS,MB,KB,QTY,NOTES ,WEBSITE Master Files Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch [XB1],346.1,1,ESSENTIAL - Do not omit or remove from load order,<a href="https://bethesda.net/en/mod...

Preface for modding
- Always start a clean save. Do not remove or add mods to an existing save. This will cause irrecoverable issues to that one save file permanently.
- To avoid installation issues, always install the largest size mods first. The order you download the mods does not matter, but the placement of mods in the list does. Once your load order starts to get to the upper limit of 5GB used, the larger mods will fail to download saying you don't have enough space. This can be circumvented by getting the largest files first and leave the smaller files towards the end. You can always sort your mods in the correct order in the end.

There is a spread of everything in this list. Graphics improvements to characters and world environments, entirely new quests and dungeons to discover, survival gameplay (Food, Weather, Hunting), much more dangerous encounters. While it's unfortunate the 5GB load limit still exists for Series X, I've tried to do my best to create a load order that close approximates to a PC mod list in nearly every facet. This is as close console modding will get to a PC load order. Have fun and enjoy!

I love the effort you've out into this.

Having a curated list and easy to follow instructions is ace. I'm going to just give it a shot blind and enjoy the fresh experience.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

docs.google.com

Preface for modding

This is an incredible post, I've got it bookmarked for when I next download the game on SX again.

Is there by any chance any performance videos with all, or most, of these so I can see what kind of performance impact (if any) they have on the SX version ?

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
I find it quite amazing how far you can go with the mod support for Skyrim on Xbox One. I've always felt like both Microsoft and Bethesda undersell this feature. These are all shot on a heavily modded console, that's so surreal.

I did this load order list for my gf a while back, and I use it too. No crashes, surprisingly it works wonders. Skyrim SE is very stable.

My load order:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
⦁ Cheat Room (XB1)
⦁ Color patches remover
⦁ Skyrim Map Markers - Lite
⦁ Marco's Integrated Leveled Lists
⦁ Ars Metallica
⦁ Gildergreen Regrown
⦁ The Paarthurnax Dilemma
⦁ Alternate Start - Live Another Life
⦁ Storefront
⦁ Helarchen Creek
⦁ Ivarstead⋆
⦁ Karthwasten⋆
⦁ Dragon Bridge⋆
⦁ Whistling Mine⋆
⦁ Kynesgrove⋆
⦁ Darkwater Crossing⋆
⦁ Shor's Stone⋆
⦁ Soljund's Sinkhole⋆
⦁ Dawnstar⋆
⦁ Rorikstead⋆
⋆ Be sure to download these mods by the author Arthmoor, not anybody else. Also, look out for the French/Russian versions. Download the English version (has an English description). Foreign language version will make some of the in-game characters speak French/Russian.
⦁ Modern Brawl Fix
⦁ No Spinning Death Animation
⦁ Lanterns of Skyrim - Special Edition
⦁ Immersive Sounds - Compendium
⦁ BOS/SG Female Eyebrows
⦁ Natural Eyes
⦁ Enhanced Blood Textures
⦁ Beast Skeletons (XboxOne)
⦁ Beautiful Gold Overhaul
⦁ Evil Incarnate Daedric Gear
⦁ Windtad Mine - XB1
⦁ Heljarchen Farm - XB1
⦁ Tomes of Magic: Unlock & Lock
⦁ Frost Giants
⦁ Vampies Suck: No Attacks In Towns
⦁ Royal Armory - New Artifacts
⦁ Dragonshout Tweaks for XB1
⦁ Unique Uniques by InsanitySorrow
⦁ The Notice Board
⦁ Fallen Trees (XBOX)
⦁ Afflicted Vomit Shout
⦁ Expensive Skyrim
⦁ Economized Gold Quest Rewards
⦁ [XB1] Scarlet Vengeance
⦁ Jiub's Opus & Arvak's Skull Quest Markers
⦁ Glowing Ore Veins 300
⦁ Transparent and Refracting Ice
⦁ ESO Skyshards
⦁ 1K HD Lava Texture (XboxOne)
⦁ LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons
⦁ Better Shrouded Armor - Replacer
⦁ (XB1) Dwemer Spectres
⦁ Khajiit Child Maisha
⦁ (XB1) Ruined Shrine of Phynaster
⦁ (XB1) Akaviri Ruins of Savirien
⦁ Belt-Fastened Quivers
⦁ (XB1) Horses have Imperial Saddles
⦁ Master The Summit
⦁ Ultimate HD Fire Effects by Bu
⦁ SeeEnchantments
⦁ Spider Daedra
⦁ GRAHL - The Ice Troll (Bloodmoon)
⦁ The Blood Horker (Bloodmoon)
⦁ Splendor: Dragon Variants
⦁ Karstaag - The Frost King
⦁ No More Blocky Faces
⦁ Magical College of Winterhold
⦁ Holidays (XB1)
⦁ Apocalypsis - Magic of Skyrim
⦁ Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
⦁ Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch
⦁ Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim
⦁ Sacrosant - Vampires of Skyrim
⦁ Trees for Skyrim
⦁ Unique Grasses
⦁ CL's Orchish Replacer
⦁ CL's Ebony Weapon Replacer
⦁ Populated Cities Town Villages
⦁ Vivid Weathers Special Edition
⦁ True Storms Special Edition (XBOX)
⦁ Unofficial Vivid Weathers & True Storms Patch
⦁ Provincial Courier Service
⦁ (XB1) Marry Me Serana
⦁ Skyrim Sewers (XB1)
⦁ Cutting Room Floor
⦁ More Tavern Idles - Immersive
⦁ Unique Booze Bottles
⦁ AOF Believable Hair
⦁ Immersive Patrols
⦁ Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
⦁ RDO + CRF + USSEP Patch
⦁ Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
⦁ Better Dynamic Snow by Sparrow
⦁ Divine Texture Pack - Flowers
⦁ Just Ice - Rougher by Sparrow
⦁ Divine Texture Pack - Furniture
⦁ Better Blood Splatters
⦁ Dwemer Stonework
⦁ Glorious Dwarven Metal by Wolf
⦁ Divine HD Embers HD by mindflux
⦁ Haladoon Retexture Pack
⦁ Detailing the Eldritch - Complete
⦁ SMIM Lite (might not be available anymore)
⦁ Vivid Landscapes Tombs & Ruins
⦁ Skyland 1k - A Landscape Texture Mod
⦁ Osmodius - Stoneworks + Extras
⦁ Skyland - Blended Roads
⦁ Skyland - Blended Roads SMIM Patch
⦁ Real Wood Textures - Farmhouses
⦁ Realistic Water Two (XB1)
⦁ Realistic Water Two LOD Fix
⦁ Enhanced Lights and FX
⦁ ELFX - Enhancer
⦁ ELFX / SMIM Performance
⦁ [X1]Magical College of Winterhold ELFX Patch
⦁ Dawnguard Map Markers
Gonna save this, thanks. Are these available in the creation club in the anniversary edition?

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I spotted an error on the Load List. I fixed it though. I had Forgotten Dungeons in a duplicate entry. It's now in it's correct place alongside the other dungeon and quest mods.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Glad to see this thread back! I'm looking into mods on Xbox now that it's updated for Series X. Sadly, the graphics mods I keep finding seem to significantly lose all taste or the game's artistic style. Trying to find some subtle ones since this is my first playthrough on Xbox with mods.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I just did a quick playthrough of the current Load Order I uploaded for a good 30 minutes. Quit to the menu and loaded a save without issue. Quit out from the Game entirely to the Xbox Dashboard, reloaded the game into my save and no black screen issues. So far I think I created a winner here. There is two more minor mods I need to add that will not screw up saves because they contain no scripts.

One is a replacement for the default Targeting reticle, and another one is a mod that improves the textures on male faces giving them a more natural appearance, This also works well with the better male presets when creating your character.

With the full load order there remains about 70 MB of space left, so I could in theory also add a small mod to touch up female face models too, but as it stands right now, the Load Order is pretty much the absolute limit in terms of large scale content, so only small minor fixes and adjustments can reasonably be added without running into the dreaded "Cannot download" error.

I'm going to do some recording of Gameplay with the full mod load list and upload it to the thread soon. Both as a showcase of what the game looks like with this specific load order. I'll will say this though, the hitching and performance issues I had on Xbox One X even with the old mod menu are completely non-existent. The Series X is simply smashing through any performance issues I used to have even with this new heavier load order. It feels fantastic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT QUITE AN EDIT: Added few more Mods to round off the max of 150 Mods total which is the absolute maximum a load order can have on Xbox.

The added mods are as follows -

Unlimited training (No longer are you capped at 5 training sessions per level, If you have the money then pay up to get your train on, but in the case of fairness, Master Trainers can still only train up to 90, those last ten grueling levels are on your own)

Immersive Patrols Lite - Skyrim is in the middle of a Civil War but you ever wonder why you don't see frequent patrols on the road except the rare case of prisoner transport? This mod fixes that a bit more. To borrow from the Mod description

"Immersive Patrols adds a reasonable amount of Stormcloak, Thalmor, Imperial and Dawnguard patrols to Skyrim and a few Skaal, Reaver and Riekling "patrols" to Solstheim. These patrols often cross paths with each other or the player creating new encounters or unexpected aid. It also includes small Civil War battles and some non-Khajiit Caravans who travel freely between the major cities (excluding Winterhold)."

Point the Way - Road signs have been placed at several major intersections that were either lacking signs, or didn't have enough signs to indicate the full extent of where you could travel on a road. In some cases, the smaller towns and villages aren't even mentioned - despite Bethesda having created signs for them! Others that were pointed the wrong way or had the wrong city being represented have been fixed as well.

With being said. This Load Order is officially done. Nothing else can possibly be added since the limit has been reached. Have fun and enjoy folks!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I just want infinite inventory and no weight limit.

any suggestions?

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I just want infinite inventory and no weight limit.

any suggestions?

You don't really have a Inventory Limit just a weight limit.

The two mods I've added Bandolier and Adventure Backpacks allow you have extreme amount of carrying capacity.

You can craft box pouches that you can equip to your waist, 6 of them (two in the front, two in the back, and one of left and right side) each adds 50 capacity each (300 total for just the Box pouches alone), If that isn't enough you can get a Large Bandolier that goes across your characters chest for another 100 Capacity points, and then there are Skyrim Outfitters mod which allows you to craft a Backpack that can be upgraded multiple times to a max of 100 Capacity. All of this equipped gives you an extra 500 Carrying Capacity.

Having all of this equipped also looks really nice and makes your character look like a seasoned adventurer.
rV7Vpbs.jpeg

Putting points in Stamina also increases your Capacity by 5 per point.

If that isn't enough you can use Alchemy to create Fortify Restoration Potions. And then drink a Fortify Enchant Potion and then Enchant to create ridiculous custom rings with like 5000 carrying capacity.

And if this isn't good enough, there is this - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/2958692

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'll check out your suggestions!

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I downloaded everything in the spreadsheet, took me 2 hours with searching and downloading. While downloadimg realistic waters i got an error and Skyrim crashed and wont start up anymore. FML.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded everything in the spreadsheet, took me 2 hours with searching and downloading. While downloadimg realistic waters i got an error and Skyrim crashed and wont start up anymore. FML.
You mean skyrim itself won't launch? Make sure to quit and do a full restart/full shutdown.
And if you get the black screen when loading a save and you hear sound.. well there's no fix for that and we've gotta wait for Bethesda to patch that particular issue.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
You mean skyrim itself won't launch? Make sure to quit and do a full restart/full shutdown.
And if you get the black screen when loading a save and you hear sound.. well there's no fix for that and we've gotta wait for Bethesda to patch that particular issue.

Yes Skyrim didnt launch. Did a restart and still would not start. Im downloading it again.....sigh.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I just did a quick playthrough of the current Load Order I uploaded for a good 30 minutes. Quit to the menu and loaded a save without issue. Quit out from the Game entirely to the Xbox Dashboard, reloaded the game into my save and no black screen issues. So far I think I created a winner here. There is two more minor mods I need to add that will not screw up saves because they contain no scripts.

One is a replacement for the default Targeting reticle, and another one is a mod that improves the textures on male faces giving them a more natural appearance, This also works well with the better male presets when creating your character.

With the full load order there remains about 70 MB of space left, so I could in theory also add a small mod to touch up female face models too, but as it stands right now, the Load Order is pretty much the absolute limit in terms of large scale content, so only small minor fixes and adjustments can reasonably be added without running into the dreaded "Cannot download" error.

I'm going to do some recording of Gameplay with the full mod load list and upload it to the thread soon. Both as a showcase of what the game looks like with this specific load order. I'll will say this though, the hitching and performance issues I had on Xbox One X even with the old mod menu are completely non-existent. The Series X is simply smashing through any performance issues I used to have even with this new heavier load order. It feels fantastic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT QUITE AN EDIT: Added few more Mods to round off the max of 150 Mods total which is the absolute maximum a load order can have on Xbox.

The added mods are as follows -

Unlimited training (No longer are you capped at 5 training sessions per level, If you have the money then pay up to get your train on, but in the case of fairness, Master Trainers can still only train up to 90, those last ten grueling levels are on your own)

Immersive Patrols Lite - Skyrim is in the middle of a Civil War but you ever wonder why you don't see frequent patrols on the road except the rare case of prisoner transport? This mod fixes that a bit more. To borrow from the Mod description

"Immersive Patrols adds a reasonable amount of Stormcloak, Thalmor, Imperial and Dawnguard patrols to Skyrim and a few Skaal, Reaver and Riekling "patrols" to Solstheim. These patrols often cross paths with each other or the player creating new encounters or unexpected aid. It also includes small Civil War battles and some non-Khajiit Caravans who travel freely between the major cities (excluding Winterhold)."

Point the Way - Road signs have been placed at several major intersections that were either lacking signs, or didn't have enough signs to indicate the full extent of where you could travel on a road. In some cases, the smaller towns and villages aren't even mentioned - despite Bethesda having created signs for them! Others that were pointed the wrong way or had the wrong city being represented have been fixed as well.

With being said. This Load Order is officially done. Nothing else can possibly be added since the limit has been reached. Have fun and enjoy folks!
You're awesome. Thanks for testing all this.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well it took....a while....to copy the mod list OmegaDL50 put out, but I finally got everything downloaded and sorted. Thanks a lot for the list, Skyrim modding is a maddening process and I hope to just put it all behind me and maybe finish the game this time.

Couple of questions though, before I get started for real:

1. I saw a few "Photo Mode" mods, do any of those actually work? Not expecting anything amazing but if it lets me take better than default screenshots on XSX, then why not.

2. I know there are mods that add lots of extra creatures to fight, but rather than the absurd stuff like Aliens or Predators, are there any worthwhile mods that add some extra variety enemies (that are still scaled properly, I don't want any one-shot bullshit thrown into the wild)?

3. What about mounts? I've seen mods that have you riding tigers and other things, so wondering if there are any recommended there as well?

4. And finally, was wondering if there was a good mod for adding extra bard songs that play randomly, in addition to the existing tracks (I don't want any music mods that replace music, just add to it)?

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Well it took....a while....to copy the mod list OmegaDL50 put out, but I finally got everything downloaded and sorted. Thanks a lot for the list, Skyrim modding is a maddening process and I hope to just put it all behind me and maybe finish the game this time.

Couple of questions though, before I get started for real:

1. I saw a few "Photo Mode" mods, do any of those actually work? Not expecting anything amazing but if it lets me take better than default screenshots on XSX, then why not.

2. I know there are mods that add lots of extra creatures to fight, but rather than the absurd stuff like Aliens or Predators, are there any worthwhile mods that add some extra variety enemies (that are still scaled properly, I don't want any one-shot bullshit thrown into the wild)?

3. What about mounts? I've seen mods that have you riding tigers and other things, so wondering if there are any recommended there as well?

4. And finally, was wondering if there was a good mod for adding extra bard songs that play randomly, in addition to the existing tracks (I don't want any music mods that replace music, just add to it)?

I don't know about number 1, I generally just use the capture button on the Series X controller after I get my character in the right scene or position where I'm looking at the thing I want to take a screenshot of. I'm sure a Photo Mode probably pauses all of the games actions allowing you take clean screenshots without the UI in the way.

As for 2 - I use Beasts of Tamriel. It adds a bunch of new monsters and encounters to the game. If you went through a dungeon on Vanilla (non-Modded Skyrim) it's likely you encounter a bunch of newer encounters. There is also Immersive Patrols which adds additional random conflicts while you travel the road. Another good option is Diverse Dragon's Collect which adds more Dragon species. My go to monster adding mod is "Skyrim Immersive Creatures" which is unfortunately not available as a console mod, but it's definitely one of my must haves on my PC mod list.

3 I haven't explored mounts or additional rideable creatures, so I don't have any recommendations outside improving the horses already in the game.

4 - I did a look for Bard music on Bethesda.net and there are some Bard mods but it seems they are unfortunately replacers of the stock material which is exactly the opposite you wanted. There is one mod called BA Bard Songs which doesn't seem to interfere with the default Bard music but there isn't singing but new instrumental pieces added for drums, flute, and the lute.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for checking.

One more thing: I noticed you also took out some QOL mods like Wood Yew Weight, Relationship Overhaul, Easy Lockpicking, etc. Any reason for the omissions?

I was pretty curious about the Beyond Skyrim: Bruma mod, but it unfortunately takes up way too much space.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for checking.

One more thing: I noticed you also took out some QOL mods like Wood Yew Weight, Relationship Overhaul, Easy Lockpicking, etc. Any reason for the omissions?

I was pretty curious about the Beyond Skyrim: Bruma mod, but it unfortunately takes up way too much space.

Wood Yew Weight was replaced with Lighter Fire Wood.

- https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/3408086

Lighter Fire Wood does the same thing as Wood Yew Weight in reducing the weight of Firewood from 5 to 1 but I didn't really like the fact that changed the weight of Woodcutting Axes and Pickaxes.

Also the fact that Lighter Fire Wood uses only 419 BYTES compared to Wood Yew Weight needing 29 KILOBYTES. If the values of the three objects were all the changes that were made I understand but the data suggests other modifications not listed in the description.

RDO is a great mod and fixes a lot of the stilted NPC dialog in the game. It's rather heavy at being 113MB in size. I'd definitely include if they increased the space limit beyond 5GB. As a lighter weight not as good alternative. I went for AI Overhaul.

As for the Easy Lockpicking mod. I could add it back in. In fact I'm considering it. There are some superfluous / unnecessary mods I'm considering of removing in place for alternatives.

Sigils of Skyrim while nice. It improves the appearance of the Banner sigils for the guilds and different hold banners, and yet it's also nearly 60MB, so it's rather large for just something that makes a piece of fabric you'll look once or twice at look pretty. Same for Enhanced Blood Textures and it's Darker add-on. You are likely to see more blood from combat as opposed to looking at the Sigils for example. I could easily get rid of all three and we'd just have deal with basic Skyrim banners and blood textures and I could use the 3 extra mod slots for other things.

Another one being Fairies of Skyrim. It's super small and inconsequential in the scope of the load order. It's nice encounter them in the world space but they don't seem to be interactable. They just add a small bit of life to some of the empty areas, so I can swap that out for Easier Lockpicking without bloating the load order size.

I am very happy that you are asking this questions because the intent of the load order is to be for the community. While I did make a lot of my favorite personal picks (iNeed, Frostfall, Hunterborn, Alternate Start), but if people don't like something or why I changed something out, I do want folks to speak up and question why I opted for something else.

As I said, I don't want this to be my personal load order but the Community Load order. The objective is to make the best possible load order on Xbox within the limited means given. I just wish for next-gen Bethesda increased the limit beyond 5GB and increased the load order limit to 255 like it is on PC. Case in point with all 150 mods installed with the maxed out load order. There is STILL 54MB remaining. I could have easily squeezed in Easier Lockpicking and much of super small QoL like mods, if the 150 mod limit didn't exist.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wood Yew Weight was replaced with Lighter Fire Wood.

- https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/3408086

Lighter Fire Wood does the same thing as Wood Yew Weight in reducing the weight of Firewood from 5 to 1 but I didn't really like the fact that changed the weight of Woodcutting Axes and Pickaxes.

Also the fact that Lighter Fire Wood uses only 419 BYTES compared to Wood Yew Weight needing 29 KILOBYTES. If the values of the three objects were all the changes that were made I understand but the data suggests other modifications not listed in the description.

RDO is a great mod and fixes a lot of the stilted NPC dialog in the game. It's rather heavy at being 113MB in size. I'd definitely include if they increased the space limit beyond 5GB. As a lighter weight not as good alternative. I went for AI Overhaul.

As for the Easy Lockpicking mod. I could add it back in. In fact I'm considering it. There are some superfluous / unnecessary mods I'm considering of removing in place for alternatives.

Sigils of Skyrim while nice. It improves the appearance of the Banner sigils for the guilds and different hold banners, and yet it's also nearly 60MB, so it's rather large for just something that makes a piece of fabric you'll look once or twice at look pretty. Same for Enhanced Blood Textures and it's Darker add-on. You are likely to see more blood from combat as opposed to looking at the Sigils for example. I could easily get rid of all three and we'd just have deal with basic Skyrim banners and blood textures and I could use the 3 extra mod slots for other things.

Another one being Fairies of Skyrim. It's super small and inconsequential in the scope of the load order. It's nice encounter them in the world space but they don't seem to be interactable. They just add a small bit of life to some of the empty areas, so I can swap that out for Easier Lockpicking without bloating the load order size.

I am very happy that you are asking this questions because the intent of the load order is to be for the community. While I did make a lot of my favorite personal picks (iNeed, Frostfall, Hunterborn, Alternate Start), but if people don't like something or why I changed something out, I do want folks to speak up and question why I opted for something else.

As I said, I don't want this to be my personal load order but the Community Load order. The objective is to make the best possible load order on Xbox within the limited means given. I just wish for next-gen Bethesda increased the limit beyond 5GB and increased the load order limit to 255 like it is on PC. Case in point with all 150 mods installed with the maxed out load order. There is STILL 54MB remaining. I could have easily squeezed in Easier Lockpicking and much of super small QoL like mods, if the 150 mod limit didn't exist.

You're the one doing the work, so by all means. I would never figure out a proper load order or even suggestions without folks like you, so I greatly appreciate the assistance.

That said, I added the majority of your mods while following the load order, but also added a few at the very bottom (including the redundant ones like WYW). Ran into an issue where whenever I died, I would get a black screen upon reload. Something's probably conflicting there, so I'll wait until your next list revision to be certain.

That said, I was originally planning to stick to the official Survival Mode but keep the Frostfall Hypothermia and Campfire mod, as that sounded the most interesting. Is that doable, or do I have to make a hard choice between the official Survival Mode or all of your survival-based mods?

Also it took some digging, but I found a mod that gives me the replacement main menu theme I wanted, which Malukah's original cover of The Dragonborn Comes: https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/3895474

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah mixing Survival Mode with Frostfall isn't going to work, they do both the same things so there definitely going to be a conflict.

Also I just found out why I love the "Beasts of Tamriel" mod so much. A terrible shame it's not available on PC. I definitely becoming my favorite monster mod, and if it does I certainly didn't find it.

As for the Black Screen issue. Yeah I've encountered that but it seems once everything is fully loaded into the game the problem resolves itself. I have a video I'm uploading soon.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah mixing Survival Mode with Frostfall isn't going to work, they do both the same things so there definitely going to be a conflict.

Also I just found out why I love the "Beasts of Tamriel" mod so much. A terrible shame it's not available on PC. I definitely becoming my favorite monster mod, and if it does I certainly didn't find it.

As for the Black Screen issue. Yeah I've encountered that but it seems once everything is fully loaded into the game the problem resolves itself. I have a video I'm uploading soon.
Roughly how long does the black screen take to go away. As I'm here testing to see how long till it leaves and I'm on 4 minutes ad of right now and still waiting lol.

Edit: Gave up after 10 minutes. In no way if it's a tad longer that's fine at all. And just making sure the black screen glitch is , you load up a save file, the loading screen works, then you get to a black screen with the background music playing and nothing else.
NOTE: This only happens when I load up a save, playing a new game works fine and dandy, but loading any save (including that of a new game) gets hit by this.

Last edited:

GraceOfGod

Jan 27, 2020
So I have played every Fallout and enjoy these types of games. I tend not to be a "fantasy" style gamer, but I feel like I want to try Skyrim. Are there any mods to make this a more "story" type of experience? Some balance between base and "god mode" where I can mostly just get through the story without any griding? I feel like I want to "see" the story but I'm at a point in my life where I don't have 100 hours to do it. Not sure if the base game is just that easy but I know in Fallout i had to spend significant time building up to do what I want.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
So I have played every Fallout and enjoy these types of games. I tend not to be a "fantasy" style gamer, but I feel like I want to try Skyrim. Are there any mods to make this a more "story" type of experience? Some balance between base and "god mode" where I can mostly just get through the story without any griding? I feel like I want to "see" the story but I'm at a point in my life where I don't have 100 hours to do it. Not sure if the base game is just that easy but I know in Fallout i had to spend significant time building up to do what I want.

You can actually change the difficulty with a slider in the game, and it really is not too challenging even on normal. Hope you enjoy it!

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to derail away from Xbox, but on the PC doesn't Nexus now have that send a config file and it automatically fetches mods (metadata) and its an unattendent process to download, install and load order the mods?

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Roughly how long does the black screen take to go away. As I'm here testing to see how long till it leaves and I'm on 4 minutes ad of right now and still waiting lol.

Edit: Gave up after 10 minutes. In no way if it's a tad longer that's fine at all. And just making sure the black screen glitch is , you load up a save file, the loading screen works, then you get to a black screen with the background music playing and nothing else.
NOTE: This only happens when I load up a save, playing a new game works fine and dandy, but loading any save (including that of a new game) gets hit by this.

Yeah if you get a black screen upon loading the game, it's done. There is nothing you can do. From my testing it matters actually where you save too it seems.

I've saved in two different locations in my testing. The first interior of Bleak Falls Barrow and Lucan Valerius shop in Riverwood.

And when I mean fully load. I mean you have fully loaded into the game and have played the game for awhile and then save your game in a non-modded location. It seems every time I saved in a location that was added to the game or the open world itself, quit out the game and reloaded that one save it always produced a black screen, but once I loaded a save and the game started normally with no black screen and let the game run long enough for any scripts to run in the background to sufficiently do whatever they do by playing the game for awhile, it seemed to work fine.

I have a video I'm trying to upload. So I'll have it ready soon.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Omg thank you OmegaDL50 for the list. This is amazing.

---

Downloading/searching mods is such a long and cumbersome process. For example, I typed "campfire" and I couldn't find the campfire mod, it took me a while to find the right one.

Also, I dl the frostfall mod but I imagine that I cannot see the warmth/coverage stats on my gear like on PC?

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I don't want to derail away from Xbox, but on the PC doesn't Nexus now have that send a config file and it automatically fetches mods (metadata) and its an unattendent process to download, install and load order the mods?

There are programs like Vortex (Nexus's own mod manager) and Mod Organizer 2 that let you just queue up a download list and it will automatically do so, however on console you have no choice but to use Bethesda.net. You can manage your subscribed / favorited Mods on Bethesda.net actual website on a PC, and then these mods will show up in the Mod section in game that will let you filter through the mess that it is.

But yes If tools like Mod Organizer 2 or even LOOT existed on console, it would make the process of installation exponentially much, much easier.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Omg thank you OmegaDL50 for the list. This is amazing.

---

Downloading/searching mods is such a long and cumbersome process. For example, I typed "campfire" and I couldn't find the campfire mod, it took me a while to find the right one.

Also, I dl the frostfall mod but I imagine that I cannot see the warmth/coverage stats on my gear like on PC?

When you equip a piece of gear on the console, Frostfall will tell you the warmth and coverage upon equipping it in the upper left corner, I actually never paid attention if the actual stats itself shows up on gear in the status menu, but I'd figure this more of a script extension done by SKSE most likely.

Also Bethesda.net search index feels totally busted and only when you directly search for something in "Quotes" like that does it seem to give you a direct reference for what you are looking for.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
When you equip a piece of gear on the console, Frostfall will tell you the warmth and coverage upon equipping it in the upper left corner, I actually never paid attention if the actual stats itself shows up on gear in the status menu, but I'd figure this more of a script extension done by SKSE most likely.

Also Bethesda.net search index feels totally busted and only when you directly search for something in "Quotes" like that does it seem to give you a direct reference for what you are looking for.

Ah that's why I remembered being able to see the stats directly on each piece of gear.

Regarding the search index, I'll try that method after work. Thank you.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Here is some video of modded gameplay of the current load order on the Google Doc.

Part 1 - Basic Gameplay

Part 2 - Combat Difficulty and Encounters

Part 3 - The Black Screen Bug

The first two videos are processing because they are rather long, part 1 is one hour and part 2 is another 30 minutes. The 3rd video is visible but it's still processing into HD and 4K HDR. Give it a day or so and all three videos will be visible.

For reference I put up a 30 minute video for Forza Horizon 5 and it took almost a day and half for the 4K HDR process to be ready so I don't expect the hour long Skyrim video 4K process to not visible until at least some time tomorrow, at least it should be visible in HD before then.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Here is some video of modded gameplay of the current load order on the Google Doc.

Part 1 - Basic Gameplay

Part 2 - Combat Difficulty and Encounters

Part 3 - The Black Screen Bug

The first two videos are processing because they are rather long, part 1 is one hour and part 2 is another 30 minutes. The 3rd video is visible but it's still processing into HD and 4K HDR. Give it a day or so and all three videos will be visible.

For reference I put up a 30 minute video for Forza Horizon 5 and it took almost a day and half for the 4K HDR process to be ready so I don't expect the hour long Skyrim video 4K process to not visible until at least some time tomorrow, at least it should be visible in HD before then.

Thank you for all your work! I've been using your spreadsheet for the past couple of weeks now and I think I have my Skyrim modded to where I want it. Time to play (I think)!

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
What is everyone's input on two mods, Sigils of Skyrim and Enhanced Blood Textures?

Sigils of Skyrim adds high quality hold and guild banners for graphics improvement. It's a rather heavy mod for what it does using 60MB of space in the Load Order.
Banners-02.jpg

Enhanced Blood textures improves the textures of blood splatters from combat encounters. It's 24MB and It also uses two mod slots out of the 150 total.
6-1558209688-348210641.jpeg

For the purpose of performance improvements and removing unnecessary bloat, also freeing up 3 mod slots for alternative things. Would anyone have any complaints if these were removed and replaced for something else.

One of the slots replaced would probably be for a QoL for Easier Lockpicking, but the other two slots would need to small QoL mods, or a decent sized quest mod.

Currently the remaining load order is 54.3MB of free space. Getting rid of the Sigils and Blood textures would free up 84MB of space giving back about 130MB left for something else.

Thoughts, Opinions, or Suggestions?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is everyone's input on two mods, Sigils of Skyrim and Enhanced Blood Textures?

Sigils of Skyrim adds high quality hold and guild banners for graphics improvement. It's a rather heavy mod for what it does using 60MB of space in the Load Order.
Banners-02.jpg

Enhanced Blood textures improves the textures of blood splatters from combat encounters. It's 24MB and It also uses two mod slots out of the 150 total.
6-1558209688-348210641.jpeg

For the purpose of performance improvements and removing unnecessary bloat, also freeing up 3 mod slots for alternative things. Would anyone have any complaints if these were removed and replaced for something else.

One of the slots replaced would probably be for a QoL for Easier Lockpicking, but the other two slots would need to small QoL mods, or a decent sized quest mod.

Currently the remaining load order is 54.3MB of free space. Getting rid of the Sigils and Blood textures would free up 84MB of space giving back about 130MB left for something else.

Thoughts, Opinions, or Suggestions?

I'm all about prettying the game up as much as possible, but if removing minor stuff like this paves the way for more QOL stuff in its place, then it's no big loss.

Either way, looking forward to your updated load order.

OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm all about prettying the game up as much as possible, but if removing minor stuff like this paves the way for more QOL stuff in its place, then it's no big loss.

Either way, looking forward to your updated load order.

Yeah I already have world textures for everything else. The Noble Skyrim does all of the major cities, small villages, dungeons, and whatever else including the two major expansions. So there are already graphics upgrades. Not to mention better Trees from Divine Forests and a couple of grass mods. So the only thing I'd be excising are just the fancy banners and blood textures.

Mod number 1 will definitely be improvement to the lock picking system.

So I'll just go from there.

I'll be updating the load order but at least it's not a drastic change. Just removed the blood textures, and removed the sigils. Also I haven't found a use for the fairies, so I'm removing that too. That gives me four mod slots to work with. These are my replacement picks

01) Easy lockpicking - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/3300121

02) Character Creation Overhaul All-in-One - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4208827

The last two I'm debating between these four.

Open Cities Skyrim - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/2918240 sounds very interesting.
It removes the loads between cities and moves everything into the open world. So no loading transitions, but it also means EVERYTHING excluding individual homes are placed into the world exterior so this might decrease performance BUT the Series X probably will brute force through everything.

Practice Dummies - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/2940915

This allows you to use Training Dummies for One Hand, Two Hand, Archery, and Destruction Leveling up to 30. It's useful in the early game I guess but with the infinite training mod I wonder if this would be redundant?

Morrowloot Ultimate - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4119423
Delevels quest rewards and encounters. It ultimately will make the game harder earlier on but easier as you progress. Still you can run into situations like being level 1 and going into a level 20 dungeon you cannot handle, similar to that of Morrowind.

Faction Warfare - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4219454 - Too much to cover. Best to read the description but it's sounds really nice and would add some depth to game by improving upon the factions and reputation system in-game.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
Apologies in advance, the amount of info in this thread is overwhelming;

Playing on Series X - are there any UI enhancing mods that can be used that do NOT stop Achievements?

Or as soon as you enable ANY non-Creation Club mods, do achievements just stop regardless of the mod "type'"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Apologies in advance, the amount of info in this thread is overwhelming;

Playing on Series X - are there any UI enhancing mods that can be used that do NOT stop Achievements?

Or as soon as you enable ANY on Creation Club mods, do achievements just stop regardless of the mod "type'"?

Mods disable achievements regardless of whatever sort of mod it is.

I don't like it but I understand why Bethesda does it.