• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

As a reminder, they have already confirmed they are making a sequel to Yakuza Like a Dragon, so more Yakuza is coming in case anyone was worried about that.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I wonder if it is another brawler to replace Judgment.

I hope it is if Judgment 2 is the end.

unfortunately Lost Judgment is the end, the talent agency behind Kimura apparently won't budge on a PC release which SEGA wants clearly as it's a whole new platform to target, the whole fiasco behind that was so weird and just sad. I really liked Judgement and loved Lost Judgment too :(

Oct 27, 2017
unfortunately it is, the talent agency behind Kimura apparently won't budge on a PC release which SEGA wants clearly as it's a whole new platform to target, the whole fiasco behind thag was so weird and just sad. I really liked Judgement and loved Lost Judgment too :(
Yeah :/

Still not done with 2 but I am treating it as the end. Hopefully a spirtual successor staring grown up Amasawa with Yagami's abilities.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Probably a judgment side step since they are not continuing from that franchise. Im all for it to preserve the old yakuza gameplay.

Its a shame judgement cant continue. It was a good direction.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
RGG is quite a huge team and I'd assume this will be the game right after Y8, can't wait to see what they are working on

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Chances are, they are replacing Judgment for another IP after the whole "We don't want our actor on Pc" thing.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
dcb.gif

J75

Sep 29, 2018
These devs can't take a break, lol. Well, as long as it continues the Judgment/brawler legacy and can be put on PC this time, bring it on.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
A Yakuza style Hajime no Ippo game would be cool. Especially now that they've tried their hands in making a boxing gameplay.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
If Lost Judgment really is the end of the franchise, I'll be heartbroken until the end of my days. I LOVE Yakuza to bits, but Yagami and the whole cast in Judgment were something special. Lost Judgment is my GOTY and I'd kill to come back someday and kick some ass with Taka :(

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It will be Lost Justice and the main character will be a dude called Yugami.

Oct 27, 2017
Yagami is really badass in this game and the fact Johnny's decided to screw us out of more games with him sucks ass. There should be a third game about his parents and what happened to them.

Fuck you johnny

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
But are we talking new IP as in Judgment "new" or as brand new?
Exactly what Im wondering. I remember before JE was announced and RGGS were working on a new IP... it was still RGG lol. So makes me wonder if its just another RGG spinoff... honestly I want another RGG spinoff. JE and LJ are excellent, and assuming LJ is the last of Yagami, they should keep the brawler combat alive with just a different spinoff (especially considering they've all but fixed the main issues with that combat engine)

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I also assume this is just a reskinned Judgement because the stupid talent agency not allowing a Judgement PC port.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this new IP will still be based on the Yakuza games but with a different theme or something completely new.

Also if we ain't getting more Judge games then LJ was one hell of a way to end the series. I hope they keep the brawler combat alive through this new IP or other future project(s).

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
It sucks that Kimura's talent agency won't budge they effectively killed Judgment as an IP.

Either way I am excited because RGG are so talented whatever new IP they come up with will be great.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I can't believe that Judgment is already over lol

Still yet to play lost judgment, but I can't wait for Yakuza 8

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Honestly, I was surprised we even got a sequel in the first place with the chance that RGG studios might have not want to pay for Yagami's actor again.

But yeah, sad to see that it might be over for Yagami and crew's adventure. Excited for what they'll do next, heck I wouldn't mind another Binary Domain 👀 (yeah, yeah "new ip" but one can hope).

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
If they do another Judgment and can't use Kimutaku again, please use an adult Amasawa from Lost Judgment as the main character.

Oct 27, 2017
If they do another Judgment and can't use Kimutaku again, please use an adult Amasawa from Lost Judgment as the main character.
It would be perfect.

You bring back everyone from Yagami's group but she takes over as a private detective then you write out Yagami by making him go somewhere else like another country (doesn't even have to show his face) and this way you keep as much as you can from Judgment (including Yagami's moveset by writing a plot point that he taught her all he knows).

If they want to keep Yagami's character without his face they can make it so he sends emails and stuff.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
It would be perfect.

You bring back everyone from Yagami's group but she takes over as a private detective then you write out Yagami by making him go somewhere else like another country (doesn't even have to show his face) and this way you keep as much as you can from Judgment (including Yagami's moveset by writing a plot point that he taught her all he knows).

If they want to keep Yagami's character without his face they can make it so he sends emails and stuff.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope it's not going to be another reskinned Yakuza game, but it's probably going to be Judgement's replacement.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
It would be perfect.

That would be awesome but we'd need to set it maybe 5 years in the future, move away from the school gimmick since that's been done already, also by making Amasawa clearly an adult that should hopefully discourage people from getting too creepy.

Also an RGG game with a female main character would be all kinds of awesome given how male dominated their output had been so far.