• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Title thread change request

[Rumour] Rian Johnson is no longer directing his 'STAR WARS' trilogy (Update: Go home and rethink your life).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This was a MASSIVE internet rumor that was shut down and mocked within an hour.

I'm not sure I've seen anything like this.

Of course, anyone with an IQ about 2 knew it was fake.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

source.gif

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Uh, Poe's not white.
Ohhhhhhh my god
Dude, I'm Latino. It's bullshit to call the first Latino in Star Wars white just because you feel like it. I'm light skinned, too, are you telling me I have white privilege? Because I sure as hell never felt it.

But I'm glad to know Oscar Isaac and me just aren't brown enough for you.
For the love of god I didn't make this up. I'm sorry it pisses you off that passing as white is a privilege.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5780940

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is going to be hilarious. We had one side pissed at the other for being happy, and now we're going to flip the tables and have that same side be happy the other side is pissed. Lemme grab some popcorn for this show.
popcorn.gif

To be honest though, I am a bit disappointed the mods didn't lock this thread down fairly soon in the beginning. It feels they're generally better about clamping down on threads based on rumors from unreliable sources.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
popcorn.gif

To be honest though, I am a bit disappointed the mods didn't lock this thread down fairly soon in the beginning. It feels they're generally better about clamping down on threads based on rumors from unreliable sources.

what is resetera without the weekly TLJ slugfest? I hope this tradition can continue for years to come

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Good that this rumor was fake. I've been sick of Star Wars for over a decade but TLJ is one of the few SW things I've seen that I'd consider actually interesting on some level. It was a fairly subversive film, and a very progressive one as well. Obviously that didn't sit well with all the manchildren.

Well, a lot of people who hate TLJ would identify as Republican...

Almost fucking all of them. They're all sus.

Oct 26, 2017
The TLJ haters just can't stop taking L's.

Take your ball and go the fuck home.
This might be the saddest post in here.

Good that this rumor was fake. I've been sick of Star Wars for over a decade but TLJ is one of the few SW things I've seen that I'd consider actually interesting on some level. It was a fairly subversive film, and a very progressive one as well. Obviously that didn't sit well with all the manchildren.

Well, a lot of people who hate TLJ would identify as Republican...
Discourse has seriously hit rock bottom this hard?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhhh my god

For the love of god I didn't make this up. I'm sorry it pisses you off that passing as white is a privilege.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5780940
I'm light skinned but I have never, once, passed off as white. Again, thank you sir woke for letting me know that I'm just not brown enough for you.

Hey Trump, just give me that citizenship already bro, SugarNoodles over here knows all about my white privilege.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I really do think at some point, the online scooping culture is going to really have to clean up it's act.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
To be honestly I don't even fucking care if you like or hate TLJ. But some of the "bye bitch" etc comments were really embarrassing. RJ is clearly one of the best dudes around overall to be in charge of making content for SW, and I say that as someone who walked away from TLJ disliking it pretty immensely at first.

There are a million other SW projects happening so it makes no sense to rip in to ONE dude who made an objectively competent movie, which is far more to say than any of the PT films.

RJ doesn't deserve any of that hate and the hyperbole surrounding him has just become absurd.

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao you posted earlier you're happy he was out and now you're pulling this shit

I see you
Yeah? In reply to a post claiming everyone happy was toxic. I proved my point. Ironically, your post is demonstrating that toxicity.

Hey you wanna stay be my guest, I did say "most". It's a TLJ thread, I expected someone to say and continue to insist on how bad they found the movie to be regardless of RJ's trilogy status.
I literally might die if there is another discussion about whether TLJ is good or not. I can't do it. I've thrown in the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.