• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Pictures taken from inside the Tate Modern.

EkKzG1o.jpg

85aDjAM.jpg

kyS29PU.png

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
If someone is able to afford an expensive home, good for them. But these people are throwing their money around hoping to close a free, public installation at a renowned gallery that had planning permission before they bought their homes.

Shit like this is exactly why people hate the rich - using their money to bully something they want after the fact. They probably knew they would lose the case, but had no problem wasting the court's time (taxpayer funded), the council's time (taxpayer funded) and the Tate's time (taxpayer/patron funded).

And I'm saying that anyone would have probably done the same as them, regardless of how much money they have, but people are just using this as a reason to say "fuck the rich". I also said they are in a position to sort it out easily enough, so it's not like I'm taking their side. I just find it strange how someone's wealth is enough to elicit hatred.

Also, less well off people waste taxpayer money too btw, but again it's "fuck the rich".

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
If they can afford to live in those expensive as fuck apartments they can surely afford to either replace or modify the glass for privacy purposes without obstructing the view. Then again, that building is fucking hideous, so I guess the apartment owners are not exactly the sensible sort to begin with.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pictures taken from inside the Tate Modern.

EkKzG1o.jpg

85aDjAM.jpg

kyS29PU.png

When I'm in those kinds of trapezoid/triangular rooms, I don't ever feel completely relaxed. I bet that subconsciously raises their stress levels.

They want to have their city view, but deny the public that same city view, even though they knew the museum platform was there when they bought their condos.

Yeah they knew or should have known about the platform. It's a due diligence failure on the part of these condo owners. They can put up some screens.

Last edited:

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Haha fuck these people. You buy a flat there you know what you're getting into. It's fucking infuriating how the rich just think they can move in and change their surroundings to suit them. Same with dodgy dealings in Glasgow whereby a long established and iconic nightclub The Arches shut down because someone was building a hotel nearby and seemingly wanted it shut down for noise issues. Bastards.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Totally serious question: if you have sex on the couch in a place like this, obviously children could see from the platform. Could you get in legal trouble (something like the UK equivalent of Indecent Exposure or something)?

Oct 26, 2017
the rooftops.
Pretty sure that Chelsea council was put under pressure to hurriedly prettify a tower block in its district because it was sullying the view for affluent residents in their luxury abodes. That was Grenfell Tower.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Totally serious question: if you have sex on the couch in a place like this, obviously children could see from the platform. Could you get in legal trouble (something like the UK equivalent of Indecent Exposure or something)?
Probably. It should fall under Public Decency laws. Although it's in your home and not a public space, it is within public view. So I'm sure you could be charged if someone files a complaint.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I know the writers of You (on Netflix) never pondered this question

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I remember this story from a few years ago. I love it.

Fucking poor people: don't buy high rise condos that don't have privacy glass. I bet they don't even have SubZero appliances. Ugh, disgusting.

Not totally sure about the UK, but in the US, the answer is mostly no. If you're really egregious and obviously trying to get attention and expose children to obscenity, someone will hold you accountable in some way, but in terms of typical things like public indecency, exposure, etc., no, you're usually protected inside your own home especially from other non-public spaces. Laws vary from state to state, but in most places, you'd be protected.

But if you're overtly trying to offend people in public with lude acts in private, then you'll probably be held accountable for something, eventually. Like, if your house is across from a school or park and you install large picture windows and stand there with your dong out with the clear intention of goading children into looking at it, then... yeah, someone will find a law that you're clearly breaking.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It seems to be a general British thing. There are so many houses here that are right up to the footpath without any blinds or curtains in the windows. Everyone can just look in.