• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So in the past few days a content creator Faze Jarvis got banned permanent from Fortnite due to cheating with aimbots and ninja commented on the topic.
He states the following
"There's a difference between a content creator who has millions of subscribers, who then gets banned from what makes him money, and some kid who is just a piece of **** who has zero followers, zero money from gaming and hacks," Blevins stated.
"You ban that kid and nothing happens to him. Nothing happens. Oh no! He can't cheat any more. You ban Jarvis – it's different."

Sorry I think this mentality is wrong. You think you are above everybody else since your known. Doesn't matter it should be fair treatment for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Your viewer count doesn't make you above the rules, dude, what the fuck.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Um no people like Ninja shouldn't get special privileges because they are popular. That's dumb. Rules either apply to everybody or they apply to nobody otherwise what is the point of having them?

Feb 15, 2019
Yeah just let them get away with anything then. Might as well not punish someone who throws their animals around the house or calls people the N word, that'd just be silly right hah? R-right?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If they're big enough, and they aren't blatantly advertising that they're cheating on their channel, I would think there's already a process in place to warn them and give them a slap on the wrist that others wouldn't get because of the influence they have.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
So because he is popular rules don't apply to him? Yeah, that's crazy and stupid.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That's bs. The rules apply for everyone, you're no different just because thousands watch you play. If anything it's on you to set an example for other players... and cheating is not that.

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely bad take. If my doctor gets pulled over drunk he should get a DUI the same as if I do. His perceived greater value to society and importance doesn't negate the responsibility he has to follow the law.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, so you aren't worth anything if you don't have a following I guess?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Um, no.

In fact I think devs should be a little harsher on content creators because they set examples for their (usually young) viewers.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha

"There's a difference between a content creator who has millions of subscribers, who then gets banned from what makes him money, and some kid who is just a piece of **** who has zero followers, zero money from gaming and hacks," Blevins stated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I kind of get what he's saying. A regular person getting banned means nothing to them other than not playing the game. A creator getting banned is essentially firing them from their job (whether you agree that it should be a job or not is a moot point here). However, people get fired from their jobs every day and this shouldn't be any different. Don't do something stupid and you won't get fired.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India

This bizarre cult world content creators live in is fucking wild, where your entire worth as a person depends on your followers and income. It makes me think of the corporate caricatures in The Outer Worlds with how brazenly disconnected they are.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
MS be like:
tenor.gif

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
He's just wrong on this. Content creators should know better than just a random kid with zero followers to not burn the bridge they're standing on.

Come on man. A ton of people have jobs — and most of them know not to do anything that's going to destroy their ability to make a living.

Simple as that. Games or not.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Professional football players should not be able to get red cards.

Professional cyclists should be allowed doping.

They're already too mild on content creators, even bans mean nothing at the moment.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
You're popular so the rules shouldn't apply? Fucking lol

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
This guys is so ignorant of the modern world. When you have as much money like that coming in people truly believe they can get away with anything. It's literally a "Screw the rules, I have money" mentality.

Sep 15, 2019
"I can't be a piece of shit! I create content!"

That doesn't seem like much of a defense and a green light for "content creators" to do whatever they want, including ignoring the rules, all in an effort to generate more views and money for themselves.

Regular players can't enjoy cheating but those profiting off it can.

What a stupid fucking message.

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
"Celebrities can't be arrested for crimes, they'd ruin their career! Trump isn't a crook, he's too famous and president! Consequences would hurt him!"

What a dumbass answer.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
JFC, i didn't like Ninja before, but even I didn't think he'd have this jaded of a take on the situation. Basically, the rules shouldn't apply to them because they make money from doing this...