• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After the shit he said out about girl gamers I'm not surprised he's capable of spewing more dumb shit. He's nice on the sticks but some of the stuff he says...lol.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Yeah, hard disagree. Cheaters in online games are trash and they deserve everything coming to them regardless of their profession. If you're a streamer and you're stupid enough to cheat... well... that's on you.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I think it's more trying to use his influence to protect himself later incase he gets accused of anything(else). He doesn't want anyone banned from streaming games because that could be him any day of the week the way these people say and do the stupidest shit with mics and cameras on them.

Oct 27, 2017
I would love for someone to press him to continue with this logic and draw the line for the exact amount of viewership and/or money that would need to be made for someone to be immune from such repercussions.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I think it's fair and pertinent to point out, given the age we live in, that there is a strong chance that this "kid" has been in servers with other streamers and cost them donations and subscriptions with his cheating.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Ninja's just smart enough to notice when he has a really dumb take on something (what happens with an astounding frequency), but not smart enough to either have better takes or shut his mouth.

Oct 25, 2017
He's entirely right that there's a difference between those two people—the person with millions of followers who is relying on the game as his meal ticket should have some ounce of sense not to do something that would jeopardize that, like blatantly cheating.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
why do celebrities think they are above everyone else and believe they can get away with whatever they want? Bunch of entitled pricks even in this space.

ProfessorRad

Oct 1, 2019
You guys gotta remember that Tyler has an entire history of popping off or saying shit he then regrets. The guy has massive mouth in foot syndrome.

Which is fine. Better to reflect , adapt, learn, apologize, etc than stick with stupidity.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
TIL his name is Tyler also no gtfo with this bs you are literally not worth extra single penny just because you have followers num nuts.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I just set a building on fire.

Oh I'm going to put it out guys, I've changed.

Seems dumb that he did not think about how stupid he sounds before he apologized.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really have an opinion on this guy until now, what a clown.

Edit: Just saw his backtrack. Glad he at least didn't double down.

You'd have to be pretty fucking full of yourself to say something like that in the first place. Hope this gets him thinking a bit more introspectively.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's no big deal. He deserves a couple months ban. Costing other players a game or two isn't nice but it shouldn't be a lifetime ban.
I'm talking about him influencing people to cheat, which is a big deal. Yeah, a lifetime ban is even a light sentence for this, he is lucky EPic is not sueing him.

Just saw Ninja backtrack. Even him can admit that the sanction is more than fair. Question is, was he pressured by Mixer / Microsoft ? This would be very bad press for them if he kept his previous stance.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
what a shitbag.

cheaters deserve to be banned. doesn't matter if it's john doe with no cash or the most popular player in the game.

this is how we get to rich people avoiding jail because they're rich.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Wow, zero context given. The guy created a separate account, even used a different PC, said that he was using a cheat for whatever reason... I mean, he is definitely not in the right, Id say he was in a shady gray area. No idea if he taught how to use aimbot, but my impression was that he was just curious to see how it worked (and obviously to show it to his audience), not for a second he hid what he was doing nor was he vanglorianting himself. I guess Epic just thought he was not setting a good example and banned him, I think a suspension would be enough though. I guess most people replying here and thinking that he was a streamer that got famous for being good and that now people discovered that he was nothing more than a cheat, which is not the case.

I watched a bit of the trailer and I thought it was interesting, after seeing professionals play I thought aimbot would be similar but it is just pure precision in every shot. Cant understand how anyone can have fun using it.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy it. He literally said the Green Man's Gaming article it's clickbait but then he retracts and says he feels bad after twenty minutes. No you don't, you got caught and realize, shit this might blow up. So let me retract it but it's just like how he says he doesn't like to play with female gamers. It's just a lazy excuse because he knows he fucked up.

screencapture-twitter-Green-Man-Gaming-status-1192094841099997185-2019-11-07-22-22-16.png

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Guaranteed this dude has pulled a "do you know who I am!?" when not getting what he wants.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't buy it. He literally said the Green Man's Gaming article it's clickbait but then he retracts and says he feels bad after twenty minutes. No you don't, you got caught and realize, shit this might blow up. So let me retract it but it's just like how he says he doesn't like to play with female gamers. It's just a lazy excuse because he knows he fucked up.

screencapture-twitter-Green-Man-Gaming-status-1192094841099997185-2019-11-07-22-22-16.png
PR at work, I don't buy it either.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Lifetime ban seems steep for a first offense in a non-professional tournament setting.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
This is why we're told to think before we get up on that soapbox and speak. Glad he didn't double down like some others would have once he had time to think on it.
To be fair, people should also actually watch the video before they get on the soapbox and speak. He doesn't say the kid shouldn't be banned, but that it shouldn't be permanent. I'm guessing that's the clickbait part he's talking about.

monsterboysp

Oct 30, 2017
I couldn't care less about any of these "celebrities idiots" and I only recognised the name because of the mixer swap thing, not that I watch that either, but his take back apology is hidden in another thread string. If he really meant it, it should have been a dedicated, solo standout tweet. Shuffling it backwards as he did shows how little the apology actually means/is heartfelt truthful.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love for this dipshit to lose all of his followers (and somehow money) for this shitty attitude. It's not like he exactly "worked hard" for them...show some appreciation and grace for the fact that you've been given this position for playing video games on camera - you're not better than anyone else.

Jesus.

lmao the idea that ninja hasn't worked hard. the jealousy that comes out when streamers are the subject is insane.