• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao the idea that ninja hasn't worked hard. the jealousy that comes out when streamers are the subject is insane.
I mean a lot was said in this thread after this specific comment, but alright.

And it's not jealousy, but I'll never be able to accept that what these people do could ever be considered "working hard". "oh talking on camera is hard, gaining followers and keeping them is hard".

No. Working in a factory is hard. Working as a custodian is hard. Working as a fisherman is hard. Working as a police officer is hard. Working two jobs at minimum wage and being a single parent is hard. I could go on, but the list is pretty much endless when comparing the difficulty of any of these jobs or lifestyles to "playing video games on camera and talking".

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019

And it's not jealousy, but I'll never be able to accept that what these people do could ever be considered "working hard". "oh talking on camera is hard, gaining followers and keeping them is hard".

No. Working in a factory is hard. Working as a custodian is hard. Working as a fisherman is hard. Working as a police officer is hard. I could go on, but the list is pretty much endless when comparing the difficulty of any of these jobs to "playing video games on camera and talking".

Why are you one-upping? Your definition of "hard" is limiting.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I didn't expect him to actually say that line in the OP. Holy shit, what a dickhead.

No matter he apologized later or not, he's someone who's capable of thinking and saying that.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

No. Working in a factory is hard. Working as a custodian is hard. Working as a fisherman is hard. Working as a police officer is hard. Working two jobs at minimum wage and being a single parent is hard. I could go on, but the list is pretty much endless when comparing the difficulty of any of these jobs or lifestyles to "playing video games on camera and talking".

Times changed gramps, the old days of lumberjacks and coal miners are over.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Won't find that in any article or YouTube video."

Wow, you sure got them. You know, after you said the dumb thing in the first place and had to recant it.

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Threadwhining
itt we blow a stupid thing some guy on the internet said out of proportion because he is rich. I can understand his followers getting worked up into a frenzy but 17 pages for this guy? the world is fucked. Maybe everyone here follows ninja? why else would you care?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You guys gotta remember that Tyler has an entire history of popping off or saying shit he then regrets. The guy has massive mouth in foot syndrome.

Which is fine. Better to reflect , adapt, learn, apologize, etc than stick with stupidity.

How many times is this dude gonna fuck up in the same ways before it is clear he isn't learning from mistakes, he's just learning to not say what he really believes publicly when he can't get away with it?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Glad his PR handlers put out a retraction because this was about to hurt his 'brand'.

Hilarious to think this actually changed his mind in any way.

Deleted member 38361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Isn't his major demographic like 8-14 year olds?

I can't imagine too many people here watch him regularly - support via donations, etc.

Or.. do they?

He still holds a solid fanbase for sure. Thing is; even if his demographic was 8-14 year olds, this take makes him look incredibly hypocritical given his stance on discipline. Like many, he shares many opinions (despite many streamers having this "I rather have fun than to be right and just want to play video games" mentality), with one example of how parents should go about kids that don't do good with grades or addicted to gaming that they should take those privileges away from them. Especially with that particular demographic, it doesn't help on how to go about cheating and fairness.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
JFC STFU.

I really hope Microsoft calls him in for a meeting and put him on watch for endorsing cheating.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep he's a wanker. If you cheat in an online game then you deserve to be perma-banned. No matter how many followers you have.

Thinking you're a protected species because you're a "content creator" is just being an obnoxiously self-absorbed fuckwit.

Oct 27, 2017
You guys gotta remember that Tyler has an entire history of popping off or saying shit he then regrets. The guy has massive mouth in foot syndrome.

Which is fine. Better to reflect , adapt, learn, apologize, etc than stick with stupidity.

Except if he actually adapted and learned then he wouldn't keep making dumb statements.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't learn a thing but he just backtracks it's easier to do that and issue a token apology.